Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #556
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
And one thing that annoys me me very much. I saw/heard Eva Longoria do this while campaigning for Obama and now I see that everyone in politics do this, and the two candidates did in the debate: they keep saying "this teacher I talked to in LV" or "I met a man who owned a small company and taxes bla bla bla". Is this real? Because it sounds so fake! Did they really meet these people or they just make it up? Eva Longoria's story sounded especially fake.

PM me! I will PM back with the story of my life.
I think they're real people, because I feel like I have seen interviews like.. years later where they show that "blah blah farmer from Ohio" is still struggling or whatever.

But yeah, it seems fake and it's an overused tactic

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #557
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I think they're real people, because I feel like I have seen interviews like.. years later where they show that "blah blah farmer from Ohio" is still struggling or whatever.

But yeah, it seems fake and it's an overused tactic
Reaaaally overused! They do it every 3 minutes! I lost count of how many people both candidates have mentioned.
And did you hear Eva Longoria? Her story really sounds fake...

How is life, Jess? Have you made a decision about school?

Quote:
I don't honestly know how people can still be undecided to the point where a debate is going to sway them unless you're really not secure in your own beliefs. Obama could have played Draw Something on stage for 90 minutes last night and I'd still be voting the same way I plan to because I already know what I need to know about the candidates and their platforms I mean, it's not like back in the day where you might not know anything about a candidate until the debate is played on the radio and your whole family gathers round
Exactly. And this is why it surprises me so much to hear statements like "Obama might have lost the elections yesterday" or "the race is back on". It's less than 2 hours, how does that change so much!
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #558
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Life is okay! I'm working on all my applications now! I'm really thinking of University of Texas at Austin now though. Everyone always has awesome things to say about Austin and it's a good program for the specialization I want (archives and preservation). Texas and UCLA are probably my two top choices. So we'll see!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #559
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Life is okay! I'm working on all my applications now! I'm really thinking of University of Texas at Austin now though. Everyone always has awesome things to say about Austin and it's a good program for the specialization I want (archives and preservation). Texas and UCLA are probably my two top choices. So we'll see!
Austin was in that list star and I were discussing: Best cities to live in, or something like that.

This is so exciting for you. How long will it be? 2 years?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #560
#freeviktor

Quote:
Austin was in that list star and I were discussing: Best cities to live in, or something like that.

This is so exciting for you. How long will it be? 2 years?
Yes Most are two year programs

Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #561
country flag arm

I went to GM for the first time after the USO. So there is a big 4 it's settled?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #562
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have my say on FB already. I am thinking if you make it to UCLA, there will be Aimee, Mischa and Jiat coming to Indian Wells and it will be a riot!!!!!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #563
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I have my say on FB already. I am thinking if you make it to UCLA, there will be Aimee, Mischa and Jiat coming to Indian Wells and it will be a riot!!!!!!!
Jess living on the West coast is a very starnge concept for me to understand
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #564
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
This is true and i bring a party wherever i go

Quote:
Jess living on the West coast is a very starnge concept for me to understand
For me too but its even stranger for me to picture myself in texas lol.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #565
country flag arm

Quote:

Why? Texas is cool, no?

I hope you realize you are going to love it regardless of the Uni you choose
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #566
country flag arm

Mikey was banned? what happened?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #567
#freeviktor

Quote:
Mikey was banned? what happened?
I don't know

Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #568
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

People from other parts of the country are always a little hesitant about Texas, but it is a great place to be. I'm sure you'll love Austin. It's a very young city with lots and lots of bars and music. It also has a great food scene. I'll remind you the last Top Chef winner was from Austin.

It's on the edge of the hill country. There's a lot of greenery mixed with those eroded limestone hills. Austin itself has kind of rolling low hills.

Plus -- little known fact -- It has these spring fed pools that are around 65 or 70 degrees and great for cooling off in the summer. http://365thingsaustin.com/2012/08/0...ing-fed-pools/
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #569
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
People from other parts of the country are always a little hesitant about Texas, but it is a great place to be. I'm sure you'll love Austin. It's a very young city with lots and lots of bars and music. It also has a great food scene. I'll remind you the last Top Chef winner was from Austin.

It's on the edge of the hill country. There's a lot of greenery mixed with those eroded limestone hills. Austin itself has kind of rolling low hills.

Plus -- little known fact -- It has these spring fed pools that are around 65 or 70 degrees and great for cooling off in the summer. http://365thingsaustin.com/2012/08/0...ing-fed-pools/
But the last Top Chef was....... Top Chef Texas

Yeah from what I've heard, Austin isn't like the rest of Texas... which to me is a good thing I need to visit Austin (and LA). Jiat won't let me forget to visit LA And one of our family's friends just became a grandmama and the baby was born ON MY BIRTHDAY in Austin So my mom and I were thinking we might get her to come down with us because she's familiar with Austin and can show us around and visit her family .

One of my high school friends is living in Houston and I RARELY talk to him lately, but even he appeared yesterday to tell me Austin is awesome.

But Texas I have like 2% country in me, and that 2% is that I like to wear boots. Texas just makes me think of like... Republicans and guns. UGH it makes me think of Rick Perry now that I'm thinking of Republicans and guns. Now I'll have nightmares before bed.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #570
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But the last Top Chef was....... Top Chef Texas

Yeah from what I've heard, Austin isn't like the rest of Texas... which to me is a good thing I need to visit Austin (and LA). Jiat won't let me forget to visit LA And one of our family's friends just became a grandmama and the baby was born ON MY BIRTHDAY in Austin So my mom and I were thinking we might get her to come down with us because she's familiar with Austin and can show us around and visit her family .

One of my high school friends is living in Houston and I RARELY talk to him lately, but even he appeared yesterday to tell me Austin is awesome.

But Texas I have like 2% country in me, and that 2% is that I like to wear boots. Texas just makes me think of like... Republicans and guns. UGH it makes me think of Rick Perry now that I'm thinking of Republicans and guns. Now I'll have nightmares before bed.

It's a misconception that all of Texas is like Rick Perry and rifle racks -- although rifle racks are popular.

For me Texas is just really liveable -- unlike So.Cal which nice but it's so difficult to get around. I think what really struck me when I first got there was that Texans will take any opportunity to get together in big crowds outside to eat food. There are all sorts of events which although they have different names and purposes all end up with lots of people outside eating food and having a good time.

But, even though the last Top Chef was Top Chef Texas, it was just held in Texas. The chefs were from all over. It seemed there were more chefs from Chicago than from Texas. In the final four it was two from Chicago, one from somewhere notTexas USA, and then Paul from Austin.

Also, I think Texas is a lot of things -- there's a lot of diversity in Texas. I'm not sure what you mean by "country" but probably Austin is a bit more "country" than is Houston -- and particularly the Houston area close to downtown Houston where I lived. I say that because there is certainly a Austin type country music that is played more in bars there than it is in Houston. I'm not a fan of current popular country music at all although I do like the classics such as Patsy Cline and Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. When living in Texas, I did develop a fondness for Texas country music, e.g. Lyle Lovett etc.

More than a lot of states, Texas has its own culture and there are bumper stickers like "Naturalized Texan" and other things that make Texas seem like it's own country. But, just like the rest of the U.S. Texas is now an urban society and no longer a society of ranchers, farmers, and oil drillers.

I'm not particularly an Austin fan though because I think the city is poorly designed and sort of glutted with traffic and people. Also too many new agey kind of people that sometimes cluster around a university. I don't particularly care for that wafty type. I prefer Houston because even though it's bigger it has more of a neighborhood feel to me, but maybe that's because I've never lived in Austin. Also, I didn't really like Houston until I moved closer to downtown.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread