scoobs makes tennis.com top list! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scoobs makes tennis.com top list!

not fair

he probably managed to get everyone else banned

Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Mug Twitter era
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiousity I scrolled down about one hundred of the latest tweets. Not one of them amounts to anything I would even consider saying out loud, never mind tweeting. I mean what is the point of just thinking out loud? Why would anyone even think of typing "Good service hold from Ze.'' Who do they think wants to know?

This is not a criticism of scoobs but of the twittering craze.

I repeat, who in their right mind would take the trouble to type ''Good service game from Ze'' and consider it worth telling to the world. And worse, who in their right mind would want to read it? I don't understand.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #19
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Why would anyone even think of typing "Good service hold from Ze.'' Who do they think wants to know?
well, it seems to me you don't visit the live commentary thread much.

i kind of agree with the main idea but some demented fans of this sport who don't always have access to watch a match on TV or on a live internet stream (most often because the match isn't televised in the first place) resort to read comments about the match online. It's boring but it's all we've got sometimes, and it gets interesting when you have a bet in the match. Yeah, i've been there too.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

Twitter is good for idle, superficial chatter. Additionally it's a good place for news/updates if you include the right search terms/hashtags. I think of it as an extended chatroom/live commentary service. It can be both useful and fun, even if anything of actual substance only rarely (if ever) gets posted there. If it's profound tennis analysis you're looking for, there are online blogs designed for that purpose. For the most part though, Twitter mainly fulfils people's need for vacuous, nonsensical babbling and shouldn' t really be taken terribly seriously.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

kinski76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
well, it seems to me you don't visit the live commentary thread much.

i kind of agree with the main idea but some demented fans of this sport who don't always have access to watch a match on TV or on a live internet stream (most often because the match isn't televised in the first place) resort to read comments about the match online. It's boring but it's all we've got sometimes, and it gets interesting when you have a bet in the match. Yeah, i've been there too.
I guess those are the people walking down the street without looking up. The ones whose iPhones I try to knock out of their hands with my elbow.

If I am not watching on a large screen HD TV, I only need to see the result later. I don't want to know that Gasquet hit another great backhand, within 5 seconds of his scoring the point.

And I don't bet. I preferred to be able to retire early, rather than subsidise the early retirement of some bookie.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #22
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #23
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
+1

Sycophants in this thread
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #24
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
And I don't bet. I preferred to be able to retire early, rather than subsidise the early retirement of some bookie.
maybe you're just not a very good gambler
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
maybe you're just not a very good gambler
Oxymoron
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #26
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess those are the people walking down the street without looking up. The ones whose iPhones I try to knock out of their hands with my elbow.

If I am not watching on a large screen HD TV, I only need to see the result later. I don't want to know that Gasquet hit another great backhand, within 5 seconds of his scoring the point.
Mean buddyholly!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Haha, it will save them from falling into mall fountains when they grow up.

Why should I be the one to step out of their way? They are the inconsiderate ones.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to scoobs
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #29
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I like them very much too...
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute

Tweeters need to be interesting or hilarious. These nine - are neither. I too, am shocked at how little life people must have to read or write such bore.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote