Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: One of the poster mentioned that majority are as follows:

Rafans support/like Djokovic 15 26.79%
Fedfans support/like Murray 18 32.14%
Nolefans support/like Murray 12 21.43%
Murray fans support/like Federer 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #46
country flag lovevolleyer
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
There have been several polls on that, you can use the "advanced search" function.

The trends were not that clear : there are all kinds of tastes actually.

Anyway, people who just spend time lurking the forum won't have a proper opinion as it's often the same ones who talk a lot (myself included) and give the impression that they are numerous and represent a lot of people , which is just wrong. Also the ones who spend a lot of time on this forum are often trolls and also often are full of themselves. You will have a bad opinion of every fanbase if you just read what these posters post. I've often read this wrong interpretation on this forum that the most talkative posters on MTF truly represent their fanbase, which is 100% (well 99%) wrong.

People in real life are very different, and you can already see that in other forums.

Fedfans usually don't like Nadal, that's the only very obvious trend, for various reasons of course there's the "losing" factor, but not only Fed and Nadal are opposite in many aspects. Usually Nadalfans think that Fedfans just hate Nadal because Fed loses to him, because that's the most acceptable opinion for them : it's hard for them to imagine that one can't like Nadal for other reasons.

Among Nadalfans, it's not visible on this forum but many ones like Fed or at least respect him at least from what I read on multiple forums. I was nicely surprised by that. I guess defeating him helped, the fact that Nadal praised Fed a lot also helped ... and of course that there are many reasons to respect Fed and it's visible in the whole tennis community . Also I was pleasantly surprised that many Nadalfans really are humble people, although on this forum you will not realize that at all

I have the impression that more Djokofans don't like Fed than Nadalfans dislike Fed, anyway I've often seen they had a strange and peculiar relationship to Fed, very much concerned about him even when Nadal clearly was Djokovic's main opponent. I think Tignor was on something when he spoke of a "Fedipal" complex about Djokovic, remember "the king is dead, long live the king" ?

About Djokofans disliking Fed, there also seems to be a specific "nationality" factor : I think the Serbian media played a lot on that competition with Fed, and also some liked to give a bad opinion about Fed for that reason.

Of course, disliking Fed, or, specifically on this forum, disliking visible Fedfans, has also been a reason to cheer for Djokovic or for Nadal for some, at different periods though. Also some who were disappointed by Fed when he declined also went on to cheer for Djokovic, as he's the one who's most "offensive/complete" out of the other top-4, or at least out of the top-3 because these ones were rather gloryhunters, and it was hard for them to cheer for the slamless Murray

Besides, specifically on this forum, an artificial "association of interests" has been made between Nadal and Djokofans, because of the high number of Fedfans. I've not seen it anywhere else.

Personally Fed is my favorite, and I'm allergic to Nadal, between Djokovic and Murray it depends, I prefer Djokovic's attitude and desire to create more, also his personality, but I admire Murray's talent, esp. since I saw him live. Also I prefer Fed-Murray's match-up than Fed-Djoko's, more interesting matches imo.
Great post Duong. I'm sorry 'bout the poll. I know some are not happy about the choices. I think I should add more choices, like those Rafans that like Fed, Nole fans to Fed etc
lovevolleyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Read my sig and suck on that career grand slam and all those slams where he beat Roger to grab them. Didn't happen too often the other way around, did it?
Cheated to beat Fed. I have no problem admitting the pig cheated to beat the GOAT.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #48
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Fedfans support/like Murray.

This might change if Murray starts beating Federer at the slams.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #49
country flag lovevolleyer
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Fedfans support/like Murray.

This might change if Murray starts beating Federer at the slams.
That's what I think also. Fedfans tend to support a player ( Big 4) who is less a threat to Roger and his records.
lovevolleyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #50
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Federer fan.
Like Murray (but not too much).
Pretty much neutral about Nadal, but have enormous respect for him.
Hate Djokovic with all my heart and soul.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic

Nadal

Federer

Murray
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #52
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm indifferent to the other members of the big 4. Don't like or dislike them.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #53
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer (the grandmaster, il duce, greatest of all time for me, flawless gamestyle, personality can be better sometimes)

Nadal (miss the guy, the competition is not the same without him even though he stood in the way for untouchable records for Roger / could have had 5 AO, 5 RG, 8 W and several more MS 1000)

Djokovic (even though he regularly beats Fed in slams these days, he has the most positive and attacking game plan and the biggest cojones from the remaining top 4)

Murray (a year ago, hell a month ago he would have been #3 but now he finally has won his Slam I believe he got what he deserved. He was the one that deserved a Slam the most from all active players who were slamless but I do believe he has the most boring personality/game)

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #54
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Nadal fans mainly support Novak, Novak fans mainly Rafa
Not anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #55
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

I think both Rafa and Nole fans get along well on MTF in general. Even in 2011, the flame wars between the 2 fanbases weren't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #56
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

most nole fans and rafa fans are fed haters in the first place, no wonder they can get along well...
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #57
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The Noledal love in stemmed from RFK's 'Sparta' campaign/promotion of both. When the ultimate fact is Federer has more slams than 'Sparta' combined.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #58
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond repute

I think Federer fans like Djokovic (mainly because of the beatings to Nadal last year). It goes both ways too.

Murray and Nadal are more disliked generally by the the ones who aren't fans of any them.
Ballbasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #59
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
most nole fans and rafa fans are fed haters in the first place, no wonder they can get along well...
This.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #60
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, it just depends for me on the particular match. I'm a Fed fan, but when's it's a great match played well by both, the winner is the winner and i don't begrudge the player who beat him. He earned it. This being so emotionally attached that you can't respect a player who just earned it ( regardless of who you are a fan of) just get's out of hand. We see that in most sports, so it's not unique to tennis. The booze probably has a lot to do with it i'd suspect.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote