Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: One of the poster mentioned that majority are as follows:

Rafans support/like Djokovic 15 26.79%
Fedfans support/like Murray 18 32.14%
Nolefans support/like Murray 12 21.43%
Murray fans support/like Federer 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
country flag lovevolleyer
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

Im just wondering since the first time I stumbled to this site that there are fans who support or like another member of the top 4 besides their favorite. Say, a Nadal fan is more probably a Murray fan as well. So what do you think? Please include your explanation. By the way, It's my first post so I hope I get a lot of response..

P.S. English is not my first language so pardon me if sometimes I don't make sense.

Last edited by lovevolleyer : 10-04-2012 at 05:43 AM.
lovevolleyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

For me:
Murray

Djokovic

Fed

Nadal

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovevolleyer View Post
Im just wondering since the first time I stumbled to this site that there are fans who support or like another member of the top 4 besides their favorite. Say, a Nadal fan is more probably a Murray fan as well. So what do you think? By the way, It's my first post so I hope I get a lot of response..

P.S. English is not my first language so pardon me if sometimes I don't make sense.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of each of the Big Four fans are more likely to support another Big 4.

For me

Federer
Djokovic

Murray

Nadal
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Banned!

lovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond reputelovevolleyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
For me:
Murray

Djokovic

Fed

Nadal
Is that partly because Djokovic and Murray are friends? Or there are any other reason? Please explain.

Last edited by lovevolleyer : 10-04-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: I didnt understand
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? Why do you think so? Please explain.
I just like them in that order. Murray obviously because I find him fun to watch, and genuine and nice person, attractive and creative on court. Djokovic is funny and his sliding on hardcourts is impressive. I think also because they are closer in age and playing style than they are to the other two.

I dislike Federer mostly because of his attitude and everything about Nadal.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
country flag MuzzahLovah

Quote:
Is that partly because Djokovic and Murray are friends? Or there are any other reason? Please explain.
No, not really, for instance Murray loves Nadal, but I can't stand Rafa.

I think Djokovic and Murray have a lot of similarities, good returns, good backhands,(which I enjoy watching) similar age etc.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #8
Banned!

Hey Topspinny! I was thinking of you exactly when I wrote that. Ofcourse I wasn't very serious, I was just making an example.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

For me it was
Djokovic

Nadal

Murray

Federer.

Now it's more like
Djokovic

Nadal (I was never a die hard fan of his, but i was rooting for the guy against Fed. He droped in my eyes in 2011 and 2012)
Murray (stayed the same, I don't really like or dislike him)

Federer (Still don't like him, but I guess I dislike him less that I did before)

Overall, on the forum, I think Fed fans mainly don't support any other top4 player. Nadal fans mainly support Novak, Novak fans mainly Rafa, some do Murray and Murray fans mainly support Fed. Note that this is just my perception and it's applied on most of the respective fanbases, there are exceptions ofc.

Last edited by uxyzapenje : 10-04-2012 at 06:00 AM.
uxyzapenje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #10
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
For me

Federer
Djokovic

Murray

Nadal
So being a Fed fan, it is almost always true that Nadal will be the least favorite.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #11
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

I actually know a lot of Nadal fans who are also fans of Murray, but they don't post here. Probably a wise decision.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I notice:
Federer fans like Murray the most (strongest trend)
Nadal fans like Djokovic the most (2nd strongest trend)
Murray fans like Federer the most
n8 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #13
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nadal fans will learn to love the Donfather, who will reach the top 4 in 5 years time. They have similar, great lefty topspin forehands.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #14
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal
Djoker

Mandy

Olderer's Nose

Mirka

That weird guy that stalks my local tennis club when women are playing

Rosol

Federer

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #15
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

As a Fed fan, I found myself more often than not cheering for the Serbian slayer. I enjoyed so much his 6-0 in finals against Nadal in 2011.

It's a pity a lot of Djokovic fans on this site hate Fed, I had to argue with them as if they were Nadaltards.

I think a lot of Nadaltards employed the strategy "if you can't beat them join 'em", and since Rafa's got some serious beating from Djokovic in 3 consecutive gs finals (and 4 masters finals), they have declared Nadal and Djokovic being part of the "Spartan league", hailing the strongest era ever to justify Rafa's defeats.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote