Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #496
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

it seems that Toni Nadal talked on "Central Fox" (the quote is from https://twitter.com/CentralFOX_sur ) saying that Rafael will start practicing tennis again in 2 weeks, and that Toni still hopes he can play this year the WTF and/or the Davis cup final

source : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...-encore/317247
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #497
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Toni gave a press conference in Argentina today - he's there as part of a Babolat promotional tour. Initially it was reported that he said that Nadal would play DC and WTF but actually he seems to have said that he'll start training in 15 days, there's a small chance of WTF and DC but it's complicated (which I think suggests highly unlikely) and that he'll be totally ready for 2013.

Some other interesting comments such as his thoughts on Del Po (a player with a very high potential who can contend for no.1), Nalbandian (one of Toni's favourites to watch; very talented; great return), Monaco (a very complete player but lacks the 'punch' in key moments in matches; one of Nadal's closest friends); coaching in general (repeated that he thinks coaches should not have to worry about what they say to a player - the relationship of the player being your employer makes that complicated - which is why he doesn't get paid by Nadal; the mental part of a player needs to be worked on from a young age just like you work on the technical part) and finally he said that Nadal's very talented in football and in his view he's more talented than his brother in that regard (the one who played for Barcelona and Spain) - so perhaps Spain could have had that good striker they lack

Nothing that new (one interesting revelation - there was a story a year or so ago about Gaudio saying that Nadal broke all his racquets in the locker room after his loss in Buenos Aires 2005 to him - Toni said today that that wasn't true and Gaudio called Nadal personally to apologise about that. Nadal has apparently once broken a racquet according to Toni - at Roland Garros and it was when he hit his shoe with it.). Don't think much has changed re: his return - if he's training by mid-Oct he'll have a good 2 and a half months to prepare for the Aus Open which should be plenty. No excuses for fatigue next season!

Last edited by Ash86 : 10-03-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #498
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I didn't want to intervene on that topic, but I really think that it's not Nadal himself who decided to post that but his agent Benito : all of that is part of the marketing process to make fans looking forward to Nadal's come back, that's very obvious (journalists know that : recently Tignor wrote "what Rafa (Benito) posted on facebook").

What Rafa feels personally, I don't know but it surely cannot be guessed through these facebook videos/pictures.
I think some updates are clearly Benito (his PR rep) but some are him - the trophy photo actually seems more likely to be him. Benito lives in Monte Carlo, not Mallorca. Can't imagine Nadal was told to take a photo of his shoes with the trophies in the background and then to send it to Benito to post - all a bit complicated really. Seems more likely he has to post something daily-ish to keep sponsors happy (since his Nike gear isn't being seen on the tennis courts) and so he combined the photo with an interesting location.

Some of the more spontaneous responses to fans also seem more likely to be him e.g. he said the other day that he was looking forward to playing Federer again - whereas some updates are clearly by others in his team. If anything I think the time off has meant he's using it more himself than just having it updated as a marketing exercise.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #499
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal good football striker no i do not think so but he can be very very good defender.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #500
country flag Ash86

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Nadal good football striker no i do not think so but he can be very very good defender.
He said he played as a striker.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #501
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I think some updates are clearly Benito (his PR rep) but some are him - the trophy photo actually seems more likely to be him. Benito lives in Monte Carlo, not Mallorca. Can't imagine Nadal was told to take a photo of his shoes with the trophies in the background and then to send it to Benito to post - all a bit complicated really. Seems more likely he has to post something daily-ish to keep sponsors happy (since his Nike gear isn't being seen on the tennis courts) and so he combined the photo with an interesting location.

Some of the more spontaneous responses to fans also seem more likely to be him e.g. he said the other day that he was looking forward to playing Federer again - whereas some updates are clearly by others in his team. If anything I think the time off has meant he's using it more himself than just having it updated as a marketing exercise.
yes of course you're right some are Rafael's (but Benito can advice him to take this or that kind of picture), I meant especially the video of his matches with Roger and some posts which have looked "nostalgic" to some.

It's not the impression he gives that he's nostalgic and depressed from the l'Equipe journalists' impressions when they interviewed him or from the photos playing gulf or whatever.

Last edited by duong : 10-03-2012 at 07:24 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #502
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
He said he played as a striker.
To be fair, I think that the final positions of players are determined later in age. Surely he could've been a striker but if he was a striker in juniors it doesn't signify too much IMO. Didn't he stop quite young anyway?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #503
country flag Ash86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
To be fair, I think that the final positions of players are determined later in age. Surely he could've been a striker but if he was a striker in juniors it doesn't signify too much IMO. Didn't he stop quite young anyway?
Well that's true. Stopped playing at 12 I think. But did play for the Mallorcan national junior team in competitions etc. I think and was their top scorer. I don't think he'd be a defender - maybe not an out and out striker but seems like the kind of person who'd want the ball all the time - quite hyper. Defenders are usually calmer/more thinking personalities, happy to be without the ball, if they have to (sweeping generalisation of course but it's a different kind of person who plays football and is happy not to have the aim of scoring goals).
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #504
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

That is why he became tennis player. He just does not have that aggressive mind, but if we speak about Federer he is the most aggressive player i have ever seen. He is always a step forward he does not know what is that to defend.Federer could be a striker just because of this aggressive mind
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #505
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa visited the doctor today. The situation's improved,but goes slower than expected.He'll only return when he's 100%(via @TenisExtra
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #506
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Rafa seems depressed
First that pic of all his trophies on the shelf, then the video of his matches vs Roger. It's like he's already looking backwards on his career... like it's over. Like he's saying "Those were the days."
That's what fedfans are dying to see.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #507
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
yesterday i rewatched the nadal-rosol wimbledon fifth set.

a thing of beauty.
I would have gone crying to my mommy after that beating in the fifth

Really stunning to watch
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 AM   #508
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
How is that embarrassing? It happens all the time time with people in the real world sometimes out of affection and sometimes just playfully. His winnings and skill don't impact whether someone wants to call him a kid.
We may well disagree on this matter, but I just cannot accept any a multi-millionaire sportsman still to be viewed as a 'kid' when being 26 years of age, and, moreover - already a genuine, regarded, heralded, multiple GS-winner and veteran after over 10 years of competeting at the ultmate top level at his sport. I think such is indeed embarrassing, if not right-out insulting.

It's his rather ghastly crew surrounding him that keeps on pushing this image of him being some kind of an innocent, ultimately vulnerable 'kid' - and yes I do hope Rafa will get rid of them - most notably that Tio Toni guy -one day, hopefully that day will come soon enough.
Just my opinion.

Good to read that he may well be back to compete at the WTF this year. Here's me hoping that indeed he will - the year-end-battle should not be without one of the major players indeed holding a GS title over this year.
Hope to see you around at the WTF this year Rafa, and if possible, even before that.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-05-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #509
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Some kids made this for Rafa.

Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #510
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God that thread made earlier turned out to be a hoax and it was deleted. It scares me how much bad things some people wanna cause(not the OP there, he may have not checked enough).
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread