Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #61
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honest assessment of Novak's year by his fans

Stars tells us Gemini does not get a good year in 2012 while Taurus has a good one.
I think he began his season really well till Miami and all thing changed negative to him.

Grandpa's death, Madrid's blue clay, rain in RG, play RF in an indoor event and the most one at US Open with really bad luck due to wind and schedule.
E-r-i-c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #62
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute

He did not show well this year but he is also unlucky this year with so many negative elements to him.
Sometimes you need some luck, especially in GS.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #63
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Actually he under performed this year. The French Open Final was his if he had played in the 3rd Set Level Over All.And to be Honest the US Open Final too, it looked like he didnt want it as much as Murray Wanted.

I would say He fell Couple of Grand Slam and a Couple of Masters Short.
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #64
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Still a great level of play (87% of service games won like in 2008, 37% of return games won on hardcourts -35% on all surfaces-, which is far better than in any other year than 2011 for him, and would have been considered as huge in any era if there had not been last year)

but fragile in pressure moments : big matches and French Open and clay period (Roma final) where he had the highest stakes.

Also a very solid game but less brilliant than last year, lacked the flashes which are very important for a player's general appreciation and for fans' pleasure. A little bit boring to say the truth.

Still clearly looks as the dominant player since last year and for next years, which is something big. Fans have been too much used to winning 3 slams a year in last 10 years. That said, yes I think Djokovic will do better next year and I'd rather bet on him winning 2 slams than 1 like this year.

Overall I still see him as the dominant Lendl of these years although he's much more lovable than Lendl

Last edited by duong : 10-03-2012 at 09:46 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Still a great level of play (87% of service games won like in 2008, 37% of return games won, which would have been considered as huge in any era if there had not been last year) but fragile in pressure moments : big matches and French Open where he had the highest stakes.
Yes this is the big difference. And also just luck. It went his way last year in close matches; this year not so much, apart from the A.O.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #66
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Didn't he do that this year? Maybe it's not all in his control?
sorry to say that to a Nadal-fan (saying that he's always liked Djokovic but downplaying him a lot) questioning Djokovic-fans but in Roland-Garros this year, Djokovic clearly was not at his best, clearly felt the pressure.

According to uncle Toni's own words, Nadal was very fragile on the final day"s" and a Djokovic with more serenity would have had it in his control, yes, I think so. As I still think he would have won RG 2011 final if he had not lost that match to Fed. Then if Djokovic is at his best, imo winning Roland-Garros is under his control, yes. Unless Nadal gets back to his 2008 level.

Last edited by duong : 10-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #67
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Yes this is the big difference. And also just luck. It went his way last year in close matches; this year not so much, apart from the A.O.
I don't buy the "luck" factor for Djokovic in 2012 comparing to 2011 :

- in the only slam he won, luck was in his favour both against Nadal and Murray.

- in Roland-Garros defeating Tsonga was a miracle.

Only against Fed in the US Open did he have this kind of luck in 2011. So no I think the "luck" factor is overrated by some Djokovic-fans this year. Most importantly he was more fragile imo.

I can fully understand that Djokovic-fans are disappointed by his US Open and also Roland-Garros and Wimbledon losses, but he lost them much more because of his own failures than because of the external elements which are brought by some :

- in the US Open, there was some wind but Murray choked so much the first set that Djokovic should clearly have won it ; second set Djokovic had a disastrous start without which he would have won it ;

- in Wimbledon, he was not good against Fed, whether roof or not ;

- against Nadal on clay, he started too slowly and failed in fourth set, he was one break up when the match started second day and Nadal was very nervous ; besides, in Roma he had everything to beat Nadal once again if he had not made a huge number of sloppy errors, and surely that would have prevented Nadal from getting back confidence.

I mean I can understand it's very disappointing but he was not near from winning those matches, it's not like some disappointments having match point or being 2 points away from the match ; he was clearly too fragile.

Besides, the only slam he won he was much nearer to losing it than he was near to winning the others.

Last edited by duong : 10-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #68
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Go post on Olderer forum or something, ppl would think you are inlove in Nole, 70% your posts involve him. Not even biggest Noletards carry that obessesion as you do.

Where would I get my tardism fix then? Because let's face it, when someone who supports No2e questions anyone's abilities to defend titles, it shows great levels of tardism. I would not want to miss that for the world.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #69
country flag lemon99

lemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond reputelemon99 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but shouldn't this thread be on Novak's forum
lemon99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #70
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a good year, very good. It will be great if he finishes no1 and gets at least 2 more titles. Not Super Great like 2011 obviously...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #71
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Novak Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #72
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Yes but compare it to Nadal last year - RG champ, Monte Carlo Masters, Finals of Wimbledon, US Open, IW, Miami, Rome, Madrid - quite similar - Novak won 1 more Masters. Nadal's year was seen to be a real disappointment even though he made 7 finals in a row at one point...

As I said I think as Novak lost to all of the rest of the big 4 in big matches - in fact at each slam that they won they went through Novak - his year doesn't feel as gutting as Nadal's did where he beat everyone else, including Federer and Murray, but just kept losing to Djokovic. As I said, to me it's a great year. But I wondered what the true expectations of many fans were and if Novak not achieving either of his two big goals - gold medal and RG - was still a dampener.

I'm not sure him getting to RG this year should be touted that much given his struggles with clay giants like Seppi and Tsonga. Was an odd RG in that regard - Novak just didn't hit top gear all of clay season. Expect him to be better next year - no way should he struggle against Tsonga on that surface.

Its all good saying Novak's Aim was to win the Olympic Medal. But on Grass you need to be Fast and on the Go right from the start. It doesnt allow for the waiting game of Djokovic and Nadal...
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #73
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a very good year but not great. 3 out 4 Slam finals reached, 1 Slam win, Mimai and Canada won, now if he finished the season as #1 I'd be very satisfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post

So you're basically saying that all his Slam wins were luck
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #74
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Good season but he let many chances slip.

He had a once in a career chance vs Nadal in the RG final but let it slip.

Then he slipped up vs Murray and allowed the Scotsman to win his first slam.

Considering these two "incidents" 2012 is a year that could have been spectacular for Novak but became tainted instead. He's not gonna get any better chance for a real grand slam again and now he might also have turned Murray into his own nemesis. 2012 could be the beginning of the end rather than establishing himself as the next dominator like it could have been.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #75
country flag E-r-i-c

Every negative is in his part. Rain in RG, wind in USO, indoors in Wimbly. These are all negative to him.
He is not as strong as last year so he need some luck, but it does not work this year since grandpa's passaway.