Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #481
country flag florentine

florentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
No, they will drop at the same time with Paris, on Nov 5
Very kind of you thanks a lot.. But tell me, how will the ATP manage to cling to the rule of 18 tournaments ? Is it correct to think that over a week, the lowest result out of 7 will be transferred to Non Countables ?
florentine is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #482
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Is anybody else having trouble with the ATP site? It's not loading for me at all, I just get a white page. I am not having any problems with other sites, so I don't see how it could be my computer.

Edit - it just seems to be the home page that I can't get. When I look at my History and load from yesterday, I get the rankings page etc. But still not the home page Never mind, it was the rankings I wanted!

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)

Last edited by decrepitude : 10-01-2012 at 03:00 PM.
decrepitude is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #483
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentine View Post
Very kind of you thanks a lot.. But tell me, how will the ATP manage to cling to the rule of 18 tournaments ? Is it correct to think that over a week, the lowest result out of 7 will be transferred to Non Countables ?
The 250 and 500 tournaments can be inside the rankings even if two instances of the same tournament are within the same 52 weeks, so it's like any regular Monday. This has been quite frequent this year (Bucharest for instance). So, a player can have two Basels if they are among the Best 6 results. Paris won't be a problem because it drops one week early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Is anybody else having trouble with the ATP site? It's not loading for me at all, I just get a white page. I am not having any problems with other sites, so I don't see how it could be my computer.

Edit - it just seems to be the home page that I can't get. When I look at my History and load from yesterday, I get the rankings page etc. But still not the home page Never mind, it was the rankings I wanted!
Yeah, it loads badly and I have trouble loading many pages myself. Also, the Futures section misplaced a lot of tournament draws.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #484
country flag florentine

florentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post

Definitely yes, but I have managed to avoid the home page..
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
florentine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #485
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

As a form of protest towards the unfairness passed around as a strict rule by the forum administration, the unofficial rankings update is suspended for 48 hours. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #486
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
As a form of protest towards the unfairness passed around as a strict rule by the forum administration, the unofficial rankings update is suspended for 48 hours. Thank you.
hope to see you back soon
Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #487
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, let Slasher have his pic! He's doing a great job contributing to this forum. You should have a rule about breaking the rules in some cases. And wtf is the rule anyway? If you are a regular user, you can have a pic that big, but if you pay, you can't? Not stupid at all
Showing my support to Slasher!

Also, Slasher, why don't you just resize the pic?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #488
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

It's actually not a problem with the rule itself, it has its uses. It's about the fact that the sig was only 100 pixels over the limit. Most of all, it's unfair because regular users can fill three instances of an iPhone's screen with quotes inside their signature, while putting in an image messes with their width, so they have to use lateral scroll. It all becomes okay when someone posts an image inside a message and the image's width passes 600 pixels. That's when the lateral scroll becomes okay.

Most of all, I find it very strange that this is the only popular forum I know that actually has you pay to put in images in your signatures. What is up with that ? Don't other forums have users that connect using their iPhones ?

Why I don't want to shrink it. The image is already very unclear. I would have to cut out 150 pixels from the width to actually make it fit. At that size, the text in the picture is unclear, while the images have a very low quality. It would have no value. I really love the work I put into the sig, and I find it so unfair that I am told to make it smaller, when users around here have sigs much bigger in height, and some even have images going along with their text.

The rule should be adapted IMO. Should be somewhere in the middle. 800 pixels wide, 400 pixels high only if the sig has no text, and if there is text in the sig to go along, limited to the old rule. I do think that users connecting with lower-end screens won't see much of a difference, because most users will prefer to add text, adhering to the old rule. I consider that my image speaks for itself.

What about if I don't post at all. Am I allowed to have my image at a decent quality in that case?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #489
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder where Giraldo will finish the season now (out till 2013), if he loses all his points from last year he'll finish 80 or so?
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #490
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
Wonder where Giraldo will finish the season now (out till 2013), if he loses all his points from last year he'll finish 80 or so?
he will have 778 points, then a little bit better than 60 probably
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #491
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
he will have 778 points, then a little bit better than 60 probably
Ah ok, that's good news. Thanks for reply.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #492
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

The live updates are now operational once again. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #493
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see the sig back And the live update also!
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #494
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetically speaking, if one or more players at the end of the year were, for example, 50 ranking points from the having the #1 ranking after the World Tour Finals, could they play in a subsequent ATP challenger event such as Helsinki (I think a win there is worth 125 points and presuming it would become one of the player's best 6 results for 500's and under) to attempt to capture the #1 year end ranking? Or are commitment players (top 30) ineligible for Challenger events?

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #495
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if one or more players at the end of the year were, for example, 50 ranking points from the having the #1 ranking after the World Tour Finals, could they play in a subsequent ATP challenger event such as Helsinki (I think a win there is worth 125 points and presuming it would become one of the player's best 6 results for 500's and under) to attempt to capture the #1 year end ranking? Or are commitment players (top 30) ineligible for Challenger events?

Respectfully,
masterclass
They're allowed to play any event. If they score enough to have the result into the Best 6, it will be counted. I doubt they'll play though even in those conditions. They're crying for time off, nothing would compromise that.
Closed Thread