Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #226
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Still I know that the French tennis federation said they were very concerned about that, as in next years they have to ensure in the meantime the building of the new Roland-Garros and the financements of the federation.

It's not only about corporates and sponsors.

I can understand if you say that the French tennis federation has too much money comparing to other federations and they should cut their programs as Tennis Australia will probably do, but don't make it sound as if it's only about sponsors.
No need to stick up for the federations. The ones that have Slams aren't poor at all, they can afford the upgrades to facilities. Not like the FFT can't get money from other sources as well, they have nothing to be crying about.

Yes, it's all of them involved. The players generate the revenue they deserve a greater share than what they get since they are the ones who bring all the money in and these people are riding on the back of that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #227
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney

is the prize money really 30million AUSD? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #228
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

They take money from Australian youngsters so that Stakhovsky could finally buy himself a Ferrari? Smart move.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #229
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
They take money from Australian youngsters so that Stakhovsky could finally buy himself a Ferrari? Smart move.
Wow the Ferrari comment very original, then again context is the key not like you'd understand the context of the comment.

Tennis Australia only fund very few youngsters anyway, in fact the ones that really need it don't get it. This increase doesn't change that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #230
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Wow the Ferrari comment very original, then again context is the key not like you'd understand the context of the comment.
You are so full of yourself, ain't you?
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #231
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Two more millions for the guys to split between them.
How much will doubles get?

It will be interesting to see how much a first round loser on court 17 will get.
Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #232
country flag TennisMindCamp
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

TennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Open 2013 Is About Set Shell Out A Record $31.1 Million

The Australian Open 2013 is about to really "Break The Bank!" Word on the court is they're going to offer a record $31.1 million in prize money in January!!! Can you say Cha-Chiiiiing!?! I know the players are all smiles .

http://www.cbssports.com/tennis/stor...-to-31-million

What do you think guys? Too much?

"Take Your Tennis Game To The Next Level With Free Winning Tips, Tricks, And Strategies!"
Tennis Tips (Video)
TennisMindCamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #233
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Xristos must be devastated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Hahahaha, good call there but Xristos was training in Spain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
Why is Australia entitled to have better Tennis players than Ukraine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
Why should international tennis players suffer lower income because of Australian tennis? Or even care about it? Most countries don't even have a Grand Slam, so Australia is still in a very good position financially.

Didn't know that...

It's not like TA was keeping the money from them But their demands made it so some of the money now comes out of TA which is ridiculous...

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #234
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

The prize money should be increased for the guys who reach R4 and further. There is no need to encourage the losers to mug around by giving them more money.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #235
country flag jimboy7

jimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2013 Is About Set Shell Out A Record $31.1 Million

"Tournament director Craig Tiley said the $4.15 million increase announced Tuesday was the largest from one year to the next for the tournament and should attract the strongest available players."

These days every top-player is going to play in Melbourne and would also play for a tenth of it. It's crazy how much the price money is compared to 20 years ago!
jimboy7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #236
country flag TennisMindCamp
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

TennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMindCamp has a reputation beyond repute

Oh heck yeah! I agree, mostly. But you don't think this kind of moola will have Roddick and Kimmy coming out of retirement haha?

Hey, and you know whats even crazier...

...To think that Kobe Bryant will make this jaw-dropping total all by himself next season. WOW! That's crazy.

"Take Your Tennis Game To The Next Level With Free Winning Tips, Tricks, And Strategies!"
Tennis Tips (Video)
TennisMindCamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #237
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

honestly, 50/50 on it. Sure, tennis is still paid pretty low compared to other sports, but apart from the top 4, the quality of play in the gs draws this year really didn't deserve such a huge raise.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #238
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Time to boycott AO...right guys?

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #239
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Time to boycott AO...right guys?
Hell yeah!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #240
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming the WTA tour gets a nice chunk of it too 50%-wise? That's a laugher.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote