Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #211
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney

I have no worries with the prize money increasing in R1 and R2 but it should remain on the same level for the later rounds
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #212
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
lets boycott it afterall

want to see Nole kiss 2000 points goodbye
classic

Wait I thought you cant see avatars when you are banned
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #213
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
That makes it sound a little bit better, but it still shows low classiness from the players...
No it doesn't. You need to do some research in this thread where there have been plenty of issues spoken about in regard to this.

Players are the ones who create the revenue, it's not the sponsors or corporates people want to see. Next of all when they are getting less than 20% of the revenue generated which has to go through the seven rounds. They wanted an increase for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round losers, that was the point of the negotiations.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #214
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I have no worries with the prize money increasing in R1 and R2 but it should remain on the same level for the later rounds
This. That's the whole purpose of the boycott threat anyway

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:47 AM   #215

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
No it doesn't. You need to do some research in this thread where there have been plenty of issues spoken about in regard to this.

Players are the ones who create the revenue, it's not the sponsors or corporates people want to see. Next of all when they are getting less than 20% of the revenue generated which has to go through the seven rounds. They wanted an increase for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round losers, that was the point of the negotiations.
It still sucks that they extra prize money has to come out of Australia's tennis program though

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #216
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It still sucks that they extra prize money has to come out of Australia's tennis program though

Well, how else guys like Stakhovsky are gonna afford that new ferrari? Not by being better tennis players, that's for sure We are certainly missing the star power the scrubs offer, they should increase prize money to $1,000,000 for losing in R1 so these tennis superstars acknowledge our MM tournament with their presence.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Well, how else guys like Stakhovsky are gonna afford that new ferrari? Not by being better tennis players, that's for sure We are certainly missing the star power the scrubs offer, they should increase prize money to $1,000,000 for losing in R1 so these tennis superstars acknowledge our MM tournament with their presence.
Aww yeah! I can imagine Sergiy rollin' up to Delray Beach in his brand new Maserati and then tanking R1 to Mugtosevic in 2013

Quote:

Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #218
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The $4 million prize money boost is the biggest increase in the history of the event and was one of a raft of initiatives announced for Australian Open 2013 including:

Retired tennis superstar Andre Agassi to play in a special feature match in the Men’s Legends Event
Hawk-Eye to be introduced on Show Courts 2 and 3
New practice and recovery facilities for players, including eight new clay courts in the new National Tennis Centre
Expanded Australian Open Trophy Tour throughout Australia, China and Japan
The inaugural Asia-Pacific Australian Open Wildcard Play-off to be held in China
The new Edwin Flack footbridge connecting the MCG with Melbourne Park and AAMI Park
An expanded Women’s Legends event, including former AO champs Amelie Mauresmo and Lindsay Davenport along with Martina Hingis and Martina Navratilova
A special Legends Lunch on the final Saturday to honour six-time Australian Open winner Roy Emerson
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ize-Money.aspx
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #219
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Xristos must be devastated
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #220
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hahahaha, good call there but Xristos was training in Spain.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #221
country flag Lurking

Lurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is Australia entitled to have better Tennis players than Ukraine?
Lurking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #222
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why should international tennis players suffer lower income because of Australian tennis? Or even care about it? Most countries don't even have a Grand Slam, so Australia is still in a very good position financially.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #223
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Can expect the other 3 slams to follow.

the other organizers just went: "ohh shit 4M less to put in our pockets!"
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #224
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. We are now that much poorer.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #225
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Players are the ones who create the revenue, it's not the sponsors or corporates people want to see.
Still I know that the French tennis federation said they were very concerned about that, as in next years they have to ensure in the meantime the building of the new Roland-Garros and the financements of the federation.

It's not only about corporates and sponsors (the latter ones being rather expected to bring more money to the tournaments than what they take from it )

I can understand if you say that the French tennis federation has too much money comparing to other federations and they should cut their programs as Tennis Australia will probably do, but don't make it sound as if it's only about sponsors.

Last edited by duong : 10-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote