1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #361
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I forgot about the 3rd place match against France so good luck boys
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #362
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
I bet Wiersholm would feel pretty left out and betrayed.
Team competition means a lot to Henrik and he was emotionally disappointed when they got 3rd place last year at WJT. So yeah, he will be hurt if he is left out. But clay is not his strength and the physical limitation will hurt him on this surface.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #363
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see MM get his first win in a while, 6-2 6-2 over a solid player in Drew Courtney.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #364
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Good to see MM get his first win in a while, 6-2 6-2 over a solid player in Drew Courtney.
I feel like it has been so ever since he got a decent win; just a really bad summer for him.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #365
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Stefan d. Quentin Halys 67 64 64
Noah d. Johan Tatlot 64 63

Another 3rd place finish for Stefan maybe next year will be better. I read somewhere that Noah doesn't play well under pressure, this does not bode well for his development.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #366
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I read somewhere that Noah doesn't play well under pressure, this does not bode well for his development.
In my opinion, it seems more like that only happens when he has people relying on him that he doesn't want to let down, like after Kozlov lost against Australia and the team needed him to win. Or when all his friends and family came to the us open and he didn't want to disappoint. I think he also lost a surprising match at the USA vs UK juniors event before Wimbledon. But I've never seen him crack under pressure when he's just playing for himself.

It's still something he needs to overcome though.

(also, we should keep in mind that during these instances where he plays bad under pressure, he is playing guys just as good or better than him like Kokkinakis here and Kyle Edmund at the US Open)
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #367
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Link

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #368
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Noah lost 3 & 2. His opponent was just too tough (and probably a lot bigger than him)
But they played pretty well all week, getting 3 wins a piece in singles of round robin. A good experience in general.

On a side note, Francis Tiafoe almost beat Quinzi for a second time in team events this year. Maybe there's something in his game that gives Quinzi a hard time that most people just don't have.

Edit: I meant France's Tatlot... can't believe I got them confused.
Looking over the results, I noticed that Tatlot lost easily to crafty players: Noah and Chung. Quinzi had a hard time with Tatlot b/c he lacks variety and Tatlot is reported to be a lot stronger than him.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 10-01-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #369
country flag Smoke944

Really promising stuff from Stefan this week. Lost only one match that he shouldn't have while beating some very good players that can play on clay. It seems like he is really improving on clay. Also, hopefully Nicolas Todero has been making sure they know how to slide correctly
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #370
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MM lost to Greg Jones 36 64 46, good effort from him.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #371
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sounded like a lot of drama in the tie b/w Italy and Australia . Can't wait for next year.

From tennishorts.com: http://www.tennishorts.com/2012/09/30/junior-jamboree-barcelona-or-bust-installment-6/

Quote:
On the boys’ front, I see the Italian players here — Gianluigi Quinzi and Filippo Baldi — showing promise. Quinzi was a given, but after the incredible battle Baldi had on Sunday with Harry Bourchier of Australia — losing the 3 hour, 6 minute match 4-6, 7-6 (2), 10-8 — you have to think he has the heart to keep on inserting himself into the junior game.

The Baldi and Bourchier match was better than many pro matches I’ve watched. These guys left it all out on the court and played with incredible passion.

Bourchier and Thanasi Kokkinakis — the Australian contingent — also look to be advancing. I really liked Bourchier’s serve. He hails from Tasmania, and his serve might be dubbed the Tasmanian Devil one day.

Kokkinakis has passed the Goran Ivanisevic or Marat Safin school of smashing rackets. When Kokkinakis and Bourchier lost their serve to go down 2-4 in the decisive third set of the doubles, Kokkinakis battered his poor racket.

The U.S. were the top seeds in the Davis Cup and placed third after beating France on the final day of action. Noah Rubin and Stefan Kozlov showed themselves to be solid, but not quite at the level of the four guys listed right above. I do like the maturity Kozlov’s shown in a couple of matches to rebound to take three-set wins. For a 14-year-old he’s quite poised, maybe a bit too self-assured. However, from a maturity point of view he seems to fit in well with the older boys.

As for Rubin, he’s made amazing progress in this first year of being totally on the junior international scene. However, he’s still short on experience and would probably be well-served if he didn’t jump ahead of himself in where he thinks he currently stands amongst his peers. He went into his match against Kokkinakis on Friday with strong self-belief, but as the Australian started to pick apart his game Rubin wore his frustration. As he gains more experience he’ll learn that it’s best not to show your opponent that he’s getting to you.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #372
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Really promising stuff from Stefan this week. Lost only one match that he shouldn't have while beating some very good players that can play on clay. It seems like he is really improving on clay. Also, hopefully Nicolas Todero has been making sure they know how to slide correctly
One thing I know for sure is Kozlov definitely knows how to slide. There's a video on youtube from Groundspass.net that shows him sliding like 3 feet in a really controlled manor towards the ball (which was too far out of reach). Also there's an unique instructional video by his dad teaching players to slide. I say unique because he splashes waterall over the court to make it easier... I'm not convinced that's a safe idea though.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #373
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
One thing I know for sure is Kozlov definitely knows how to slide. There's a video on youtube from Groundspass.net that shows him sliding like 3 feet in a really controlled manor towards the ball (which was too far out of reach). Also there's an unique instructional video by his dad teaching players to slide. I say unique because he splashes waterall over the court to make it easier... I'm not convinced that's a safe idea though.
Hardcourt or claycourt?

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #374
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Ahh, good point. And I just watched the video, looks dangerous indeed
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #375
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Hardcourt or claycourt?
hardcourt