Is Rafael Nadal Parera an underachiever? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Rafa an underachiever?

Yes 6 9.84%
No 55 90.16%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #76
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Rafael Nadal Parera an underachiever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Underachiever. Nadal has talent to win 20 slams. In fact his mental strength is quite overrated. He has choked away quite a few slams in his career

If that's the case then Fed should have won 50+ slams.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #77
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post

If that's the case then Fed should have won 50+ slams.
Incorrect.

Noserer is probably the LPOAT (luckiest player of all time). If he played in an era where players had balls and talent, he would have less than 10 slams. When Nadal and Djoker reached their prime, he struggled to win 1 slam every year. It's easy to dominate when your "rivals" consist of Roddick and Hewitt.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #78
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Tdoc stopped using the name Olderer because it acknowledged that Fed is past his prime and his argument lies on the idea that this is prime fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #79
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Incorrect.

Noserer is probably the LPOAT (luckiest player of all time). If he played in an era where players had balls and talent, he would have less than 10 slams. When Nadal and Djoker reached their prime, he struggled to win 1 slam every year. It's easy to dominate when your "rivals" consist of Roddick and Hewitt.

So who is the 31-year old #1 when these lucky bums are in their 'peak' Dulltard?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #80
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
Tdoc stopped using the name Olderer because it acknowledged that Fed is past his prime and his argument lies on the idea that this is prime fed.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #81
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

nadal should be fine when he plays poker after his tennis career

the playing surfaces are quite homogenized

no crying federer either
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #82
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is interesting but Nadal has achieved just the right amount so far of what you would really expect him to. he's talented, but not the most talented. surely he is one of the best physical specimens the game has ever seen and surely his fortitude of mind is incredible but you can't expect him to dominate hard court with his style even despite his limited weaknesses.

he does have some weaknesses, that sometimes he hits the ball very short, can get pounced on by big hitters, his serve is not always reliable, and that if his movement is off very much in a match things can go badly for him because he relies on it so much.

I think he's achieved what is expected for his style and besides the AO 2012 he has won what he should. like many greats though, you can always say they 'could have' won more, which is shown in the cases of the finals he has lost at GS finals in Wimbledon and the Opens

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #83
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So who is the 31-year old #1 when these lucky bums are in their 'peak' Dulltard?
Peak Nadal destroys Noserer on any surface as was demonstrated in 2008/early 2009. The mono excuse Noserertards have cooked up was really pathetic in my opinion. It's time to admit that Noserer's career and GOAT status is tainted by his inability to beat Nadal on the big stage and being his turkey on clay - not even my opinion, btw. It's the opinion of many pundits, sports journalists and commentators. GOAT my ass Even Clownpras had winning H2H against Drugassi....Noserer got humiliated by Nadal time and time again, while succeeding against gutless mugs like Roddick and Hewitt who bent down nice and low every time he faced them

I guess it's too bad Nadal turned pro - Noserer would have won 20+ slams by now and 2 calendar slams back to back giving sycophants like yourself even more reason to kiss his ass.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #84
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
this thread is interesting but Nadal has achieved just the right amount so far of what you would really expect him to. he's talented, but not the most talented. surely he is one of the best physical specimens the game has ever seen and surely his fortitude of mind is incredible but you can't expect him to dominate hard court with his style even despite his limited weaknesses.

he does have some weaknesses, that sometimes he hits the ball very short, can get pounced on by big hitters, his serve is not always reliable, and that if his movement is off very much in a match things can go badly for him because he relies on it so much.

I think he's achieved what is expected for his style and besides the AO 2012 he has won what he should. like many greats though, you can always say they 'could have' won more, which is shown in the cases of the finals he has lost at GS finals in Wimbledon and the Opens
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #85
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peak Nadal destroys Noserer on any surface as was demonstrated in 2008/early 2009. The mono excuse Noserertards have cooked up was really pathetic in my opinion. It's time to admit that Noserer's career and GOAT status is tainted by his inability to beat Nadal on the big stage and being his turkey on clay - not even my opinion, btw. It's the opinion of many pundits, sports journalists and commentators. GOAT my ass Even Clownpras had winning H2H against Drugassi....Noserer got humiliated by Nadal time and time again, while succeeding against gutless mugs like Roddick and Hewitt who bent down nice and low every time he faced them

I guess it's too bad Nadal turned pro - Noserer would have won 20+ slams by now and 2 calendar slams back to back giving sycophants like yourself even more reason to kiss his ass.
Federer's level in his three/four dominant years was ridiculously good. He alone arguably prevented Roddick and Hewitt from becoming 6+ slam winners, or at least one of them anyway (they'd have most likely faced off in a few finals)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #86
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Federer's level in his three/four dominant years was ridiculously good. He alone arguably prevented Roddick and Hewitt from becoming 6+ slam winners, or at least one of them anyway (they'd have most likely faced off in a few finals)
The problem with Topspinmug and other era tards is that they don't recognize this fact.They have no logic whatsoever and are just spewing their bitter hate towards the GOAT wherever they go. If Roger did not dominate the way he did then Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, etc would have more slams and then they would have praised these players. You can't win with era tards because they are simply to dumb and bitter to understand logic. Greatness comes with having critics and haters. The more haters you have the greater you are. Just look at Jesus
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #87
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
How dumb are you? MTwEeZi is just talking his usual irrelevant nonsense.
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #88
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
You understand tennis and actually know what you are talking about.

Quote:
The problem with Topspinmug and other era tards is that they don't recognize this fact.They have no logic whatsoever and are just spewing their bitter hate towards the GOAT wherever they go. If Roger did not dominate the way he did then Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, etc would have more slams and then they would have praised these players. You can't win with era tards because they are simply to dumb and bitter to understand logic. Greatness comes with having critics and haters. The more haters you have the greater you are. Just look at Jesus
All that hate comes from Nadal spending years at #2 behind Federer. Nadal handled it a lot better than his tards. Some of them are evidently still messed up, especially now that the GOAT is again #1 and that Nadal sits at #4, closer to the #9 spot than the #1 rank, occupied by Federer, the GOAT, current ranked #1. While Nadal is #4, 3 spots behind Federer.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #89
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
You understand tennis and actually know what you are talking about.

All that hate comes from Nadal spending years at #2 behind Federer. Nadal handled it a lot better than his tards. Some of them are evidently still messed up, especially now that the GOAT is again #1 and that Nadal sits at #4, closer to the #9 spot than the #1 rank, occupied by Federer, the GOAT, current ranked #1. While Nadal is #4, 3 spots behind Federer.
Yeah it's eating them up inside. But hey, they chose to be Nadal tards not Nadal fans. They have to live with it. I never hated Nadal all that much. His tards made me hate him.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #90
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah it's eating them up inside. But hey, they chose to be Nadal tards not Nadal fans. They have to live with it. I never hated Nadal all that much. His tards made me hate him.
I think for some of them, it was not a choice; the fire in their loins/manginas was too powerful to resist. Becoming a Rafatard is not a rational decision for some, it's a decision made by the little head.

In any case, the effect of all those years Nadal spent at #2 behind Federer is the same: bitter-messed-up-irrational-Fedhating-Nadaltards.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote