Grigor in Asia - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #46
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Grigor is the top seed in qualifying for the Japan Open. He's the 2nd match on Court 1 tomorrow against KONDO, ranked #432.

1 DIMITROV, Grigor BUL v KONDO, Hiroki JPN
GHEDIN, Riccardo ITA v 6 POSPISIL, Vasek
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #47
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor Dimitrov - Hiroki Kondo 7-5 6-4

I suppose Grigor din't play really well today, given the ranking of his opponent and how hard it was, but still win is a win

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #48
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Grigor Dimitrov - Hiroki Kondo 7-5 6-4

I suppose Grigor din't play really well today, given the ranking of his opponent and how hard it was, but still win is a win
Looks like he will be playing Pospisil next who he should beat if he keeps his level up.

@kr1s71an, do you have a link to that Bulgarian article you mentioned the other day about Grigor breaking his toe when he followed Berrer through a door? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #49
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Looks like he will be playing Pospisil next who he should beat if he keeps his level up.

@kr1s71an, do you have a link to that Bulgarian article you mentioned the other day about Grigor breaking his toe when he followed Berrer through a door? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.
Click here! But it's in bulgarian and I don't know if you will understand it very well with Google Translate or something like that

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #50
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Click here! But it's in bulgarian and I don't know if you will understand it very well with Google Translate or something like that
Thanks, it was an interesting read. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't have been reported in such detail. I assume it was an accident but did Berrer slam the door, not realising Grigor was behind him?

According to that article, Gigor's father is called, "Dimitar Gospodinov". Why does he have a different surname to Grigor? As far as I know, he's not his step-father.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #51
country flag kr1s71an

Quote:
Thanks, it was an interesting read. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't have been reported in such detail. I assume it was an accident but did Berrer slam the door, not realising Grigor was behind him?

According to that article, Gigor's father is called, "Dimitar Gospodinov". Why does he have a different surname to Grigor? As far as I know, he's not his step-father.
His full name is Dimitar Gospodinov Dimitrov, but everywhere in the media they call him Dimitar Gospodinov - no idea why. For me he has an interesting surname - Gospodinov, which will normally mean that his father was named Gospodin, which in bulgarian means Mister.

About Berrer: I really hope that he did it without realising that Grigor is behind him and not on purpose

Last edited by kr1s71an : 09-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #52
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

that is because in Bulgaria we have 3 names and his father is more known with his middle name rather than his Family name. Gospodinov is quite unusual name while Dimitrov is VERY popular so the chances of having someone with the same family and therefore mistaken is much bigger if it is Dimitrov. Sometimes people start calling you on your middle name when there are too many say 'Dimitrovs' arround and one has to distinguish them. That won't happen with Grigor, though, there aren't many Dimitrovs in top 1000 ATP

Grigor's been lucky his middle name is also Dimitrov so his full name reads: Grigor Dimitrov Dimitrov

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 09-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #53
country flag kr1s71an

Grigor is in the main draw!! He choked again in the second after wasting 3 MP's at 6-5 and a minibreak in the tiebreak, but managed to win easy in the third Next up - one of Monaco, Klizan, Baghdatis and Tomic. I prefer Tomic!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #54
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Grigor is in the main draw!! He choked again in the second after wasting 3 MP's at 6-5 and a minibreak in the tiebreak, but managed to win easy in the third Next up - one of Monaco, Klizan, Baghdatis and Tomic. I prefer Tomic!
It's worrying if he is having trouble closing out matches but at least he regrouped this time and won the 3rd set.

He plays Monaco next who has been in good form this week. If Grigor plays like he did in the first half of the match against Gasquet, he can beat him though.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that this is a great chance for Grigor to beat a high ranked player. The match will probably be played on Tuesday.

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #56
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Check out http://twitpic.com/photos/ayumingo1014 for lots of great pic. It seems like she's a big Grigor fan as well.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #57
country flag kr1s71an

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Check out http://twitpic.com/photos/ayumingo1014 for lots of great pic. It seems like she's a big Grigor fan as well.
BlueLighthouse did you make some more pictures of Grigor from Bangkok? If you have, will you share them with us

Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #58
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BlueLighthouse did you make some more pictures of Grigor from Bangkok? If you have, will you share them with us
I didn't take match pic as it was not of good quality. But we took some pic with him I'm afraid my friends would rather not share them, it was quite embarrassing, screaming and asking for pic with the kids.

I'll try to hide those crazy fangirls before I post the pics.

Have some great pic from Tokyo here https://plus.google.com/photos/10328...O6m1tuxhtDe0wE

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #59
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
I didn't take match pic as it was not of good quality. But we took some pic with him I'm afraid my friends would rather not share them, it was quite embarrassing, screaming and asking for pic with the kids.

Have some great pic from Tokyo here https://plus.google.com/photos/10328...O6m1tuxhtDe0wE
Come on BlueLighthouse, your friends are all stars after they appeared on TV and they all looked amazing in their Grisha t-shirts. You guys did a great job supporting Grigor this week and it would be great to see those photos.

I really liked that person's photos of Grigor but it's strange seeing him practice without shoes. You don't see that very often.

Last edited by Hypnotize : 09-30-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #60
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I saw you(and ur friends?) photo grid on FB! Really crazy but great work
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote