Who is better at his Peak? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: The best?

Peak Rosol 23 10.41%
Peak Soderling 4 1.81%
Peak Djokovic 23 10.41%
Peak Bellucci 2 0.90%
Peak Federer 128 57.92%
Peak Nadal 20 9.05%
Peak Del Potro 4 1.81%
Peak (GOAT) Di Mauro 17 7.69%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #106
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is better at his Peak?

Best Peak? Nadal on clay. Only FedGimp at Hamburg could get close. Sampras must have been hell, 93-94-95-97-98-99-00, Trololololololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #107
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the thread properly, I've never seen another player on the list play as well as peak Federer. At his best, I would go as far as to say that every one of his shots was a weapon (consider his backhand finesse), which was pretty much unheard of prior to his arrival. It's really bizzare to consider how many different ways he could beat guys on a tennis court.

I agree that there are surfaces to consider and different players, namely Djokovic and Nadal, who shine on certain surfaces, but if you're looking for overall greatness, in any sense of the phrase, it's Roger Federer.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #108
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's peak is overrated. He couldn't beat Babydal at his peak. Djokovic is the best player at his peak (the first half of 2011).

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #109
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
You would think, but then this is the same forum that incorrectly tosses around the term "pusher", "vulture", and even "talent". Are you suggesting that there's not such a thing as "current best"?

And no, it's not. Turn your bias off and try again.
No I am not, and the question being at his peak appear to be pretty straightforward.

As for who's the best at his peak, the only answer that is a credible one is obviously Federer, anyone who is not a delusional No2e fangirl or worse, a Rafatard, will tell you that.

Who is better now? Well look at the ranking. Is Federer not #1? Sure looks like he is. And when you look at their respective records this year (61-8; 6 titles for Federer / 60-11; 3 titles for No2e) it is difficult to pick No2e over Federer.

Mind you, some idiotic fangirls will claim that Nole 2011 was better than Federer 2006 even if the W-L ratio and titles won clearly show Federer had a better year, so nothing would surprise me. Like you said, this is MTF where ridiculous statements are made on a regular basis...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #110
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

As I just said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
This is MTF where ridiculous statements are made on a regular basis...
And right on cue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Federer's peak is overrated. He couldn't beat Babydal at his peak. Djokovic is the best player at his peak (the first half of 2011).
Perfect example.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #111
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

The only ridiculous thing here is your irrational worship for Overrateder.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #112
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's RG 2008 will never be topped as far as peak level of tennis in a grand slam is concerned. It was just inhuman. Never lost a set and gave Noserer the biggest humiliation of his career. It was awesome stuff.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #113
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Rafa that trolling cheater
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #114
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Answer you're looking for is Nalbandian.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #115
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal's RG 2008 will never be topped as far as peak level of tennis in a grand slam is concerned. It was just inhuman. Never lost a set and gave Noserer the biggest humiliation of his career. It was awesome stuff.

Since when is pushing and running around like a headless chicken peak tennis? Clay is an inferior surface and therefor peak tennis on it is inferior too. Also you can't humiliate a guy who was having the worst year of his career due to mono. There is a huge asterisk next to that win from Nadal. More importantly Fed bageled Nadal twice, one of them on clay
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
Old 09-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #116
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Fed, but I can't go against the pure ballbasher in God mode

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #117
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post

Since when is pushing and running around like a headless chicken peak tennis? Clay is an inferior surface and therefor peak tennis on it is inferior too. Also you can't humiliate a guy who was having the worst year of his career due to mono. There is a huge asterisk next to that win from Nadal. More importantly Fed bageled Nadal twice, one of them on clay
Classic Noserertard I am impressed. Disregarding clay despite the fact that in the past 2 slams were played on it. Lol. What's next? AO is an inferior surface because Noserer can't serve his way through his opponents and gets exposed as a shanking mug?

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #118
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all the top players are quite unplayable when their games are firing on all cylinders. What makes some of them better than the others/win Slams is not a higher peak level, but a higher average level/the ability to play their best tennis match after match and tournament after tournament.

On clay, I'd say Nadal's peak level is a step above the field for sure.

On other surfaces, it's a very tough call. Any of Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych and even a few other players ranked lower are pretty much unplayable when their game is firing on all cylinders. If forced to choose, I'd go with Federer and Tsonga because they have more variety to their attacking game than the others mentioned.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #119
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Classic Noserertard I am impressed. Disregarding clay despite the fact that in the past 2 slams were played on it. Lol. What's next? AO is an inferior surface because Noserer can't serve his way through his opponents and gets exposed as a shanking mug?
Of course you are. Fedfans are superior to clueless Dulltards in every way imaginable.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #120
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post

Forgive me, but two things wrong with this:

1) Didn't Federer beat Nadal in 2006?
2) Nadal wasn't at his best in 2011.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote