Dennis Novikov - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dennis Novikov

Dennis Novikov Just Got first ATP win, USOPEN been 2rd round 2012

18 years old
(11/06/1993)

big serve and power forward

what a kid

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMG Academy alum, Dennis Novikov, gets big win in Grand Slam tournament debut

Quote:
Dennis Novikov, a rising sophomore for the UCLA Bruins men’s tennis team, earned a victory as a wild card entrant in the first round of the 2012 U.S. Open Championships. The 6-foot-3 Moscow, Russia native is a former student-athlete of the IMG Academy Bollettieri Tennis program. Novikov defeated the world’s 86th-ranked player, Poland’s Jerzy Janowicz, 6-2, 7-6(6), 3-6, 6-3 on Tuesday. His next challenge will come from Julien Benneteau of France, who won 7-6(1), 6-2, 6-3 over Olivier Rochus in the opening round.

Prior to his Grand Slam debut, Novikov was quarterfinalist at the U.S. Open Junior Championships in 2010. He attained a career-high combined ITF junior ranking of No. 30 in the world in January of 2011, and was listed as the No. 2 overall recruit in the class of 2011 according to TennisRecruiting.net.

Novikov is also in the doubles draw in New York, teaming with Michael Redlicki. They will take on Bobby Reynolds and Michael Russell on Wednesday.
http://blog.imgacademies.com/2012/08...rnament-debut/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dennis Novikov: Living the American tennis dream

Quote:
By Clair Maciel
Thursday, August 30, 2012

In less than three weeks’ time, 18-year-old American Dennis Novikov has managed to achieve four of the biggest milestones in his young tennis career.

On Aug. 11, the UCLA sophomore teamed up with Michael Redlicki of Duke to win the USTA Boys’ 18s National Championships in Kalamazoo, Mich., a title that earned the pair a wildcard into the main draw of doubles at this year’s US Open. A day later, he asserted his dominance in singles, winning the title at the same event and again securing a wildcard entry for himself in the main draw at Flushing Meadows.

Fast forward to week 1 of the US Open, where Novikov, ranked No. 1,098, has already penned his first two Grand Slam wins in the books – and in his Grand Slam debut, nonetheless. The first victory came on Tuesday over Poland's Jerzy Janowicz in singles (6-2, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3), a win Novikov said is “the biggest win I’ve had to this day.” The second was a doubles victory with Redlicki on Wednesday over fellow all-American duo Bobby Reynolds and Michael Russell (6-4, 2-6, 7-6(7)). Not bad for only his third ATP-level tournament.

Given his run in the last few weeks, it’s no wonder Novikov is riding a supercharged momentum heading into Friday’s singles match against No. 31 seed Julien Benneteau.

“My confidence is pretty high right now, especially coming off a 15-0 winning streak that includes both singles and doubles from Kalamazoo, where I played seven singles and six doubles matches, and then my two matches here,” Novikov said. “So I’m feeling really good about things.”

Much like other American players such as John Isner and James Blake, Novikov chose to forego an immediate professional career and instead opted to play collegiate tennis to allow himself time to improve. Since joining head coach Billy Martin and the Bruins in March of this year, Novikov admits he’s gone through a big maturation process, a necessary journey he hopes is better preparing him for a future on the professional tour.

“I’ve matured a lot in the past year, now that I’ve played in college for a quarter,” he said. “I got physically and mentally stronger and just improved my game overall. I felt like I wasn’t ready to go pro right off the bat because I needed to mature a bit. I was a little young, and didn’t feel I could do well right away. I needed a year to develop my game before I thought about that decision again. I’m still planning on playing for college now, maybe not the entire four years, but who knows what the future might hold for me soon.”

To succeed at the pro level, Novikov sees a bit of room for improvement in his game, including his court movement, mental focus and physical strength. But at 6-foot-3 and wielding a huge serve, his weapons are already proving powerful enough to withstand top players.

The Russian-born, California-raised Novikov is every bit the California teenager, with a beach-loving, laidback personality and an appreciation for everything the west coast has to offer. Though he grew up a hockey player, he caught the tennis bug when he spent time watching his father coach his older brother, Nikolai, on the tennis court. And he’s never looked back.

In conversations regarding the question about the future of American men’s tennis, Novikov’s name can now officially be included in the mix. If all goes as he plans, he’ll crack the top 200 in two years and be a force in the top 10 five years from now. But for now, there will be little time for celebration after the US Open, as he'll hit the courts of UCLA and get right back to work – perhaps for another Bruins championship title before being a steady contender on the pro tour.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/art...relatedcontent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b_0830_dennis.jpg (184.2 KB, 3 views)

Old 09-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dennis Novikov

horrible empire. otherwise Dennis should get into 3rd round in USO

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

One more year of college tennis should be it. And I think we will see some huge improvements from his average results last spring. Big guys can improve unbelievably fast once they start to get a lot of confidence. Think Raonic a couple years ago. I think we saw that with Dennis this summer.

Really excited to see how he progresses. Serious upside.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #6
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Full replay (better quality) @ ESPN3: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/...ize/condensed/

Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Dennis plays qualifier Marton Bots in the first round of a 10k in Claremont. GL.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
country flag jcempire

Get him a great coach. huge upside potential from this 18 years old. He almost 19

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

3-6 6-4 6-1, Jason Jung next.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
country flag jcempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
3-6 6-4 6-1, Jason Jung next.
Good lUck Dennis

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 09-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

06 67(3), 14 y.o. Kozlov won more games against Jung than Dennis .

Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

takes 3 sets to beat UW mediocre player Bots and loses to Jung convicingly. Hmm

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Irvine Futures, first round against Olivier Sajous

Full draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw202.PDF

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

UCLA Men's Tennis ‏@uclatennis
Quote:
Irvine Futures 1st Rnd; D Nguyen def M Giron 6-0,6-4. @dnovi93 def Sajous in 3 sets. Novikov saves 8 match points before winning

Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
country flag jcempire

Great Job Novikov

Nadal Nadal Nadal