Most consecutive weeks in top 10 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #31
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most consecutive weeks in top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Nadal Power, your numbers are wrong.

22.11.1999 7 Sampras.

Sampras was ranked at 7 in November 22nd 1999. So his streak was snapped, and Roger has the longest streak of the ATP tour era.
A late correction to this. Sampras was ranked 5th 22/11-99. I know his ranking page on ATP gives 7th this week, but if you look at the complete 22/11-99 ranking then you see he is 5th:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings...11.1999&r=1&c=
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

No, just me forgetting that Rafa was on the top 10 list already. What's the explanation for that discreprency with Sampras? He was very close (about 50 points), from dropping to 7th.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
No, just me forgetting that Rafa was on the top 10 list already. What's the explanation for that discreprency with Sampras? He was very close (about 50 points), from dropping to 7th.
It is a simple case of an ATP typo, I guess.

The week in question is week of the WTF. In the WTF Sampras was ranked 5, and grouped with Agassi (1), Kuerten (3) and Lapentti (8). So there is no doubt he was 5th not 7th. Even though, as you say, he was very close to dropping out.

No sweat for Roger, though. He has long since passed Sampras' corrected total. Only Connors and Lendl ahead of him.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No sweat for Roger, though. He has long since passed Sampras' corrected total. Only Connors and Lendl ahead of him.
He'll be the first in the unified tour era with the proper weekly totals to surpass 10 consecutive years in the top 5.

The last one of these ATP records will be Sampras's 10 years 10 months in the top 10. This is the first chance Federer has to build towards breaking this record, (as any points he gets from now on will count towards it!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #35
country flag JediFed

As of JANUARY

Consecutive weeks:

Top 10:

1. Jimmy Connors 15 years 02 months
2. Ivan Lendl 12 years 04 months
3. Pete Sampras 10 years 10 months
4. Roger Federer 10 years 03 months
5. Stefan Edberg 09 years 06 months
6. Bjorn Borg 08 years 06 months
7. Guillermo Vilas 08 years 05 months
8. Boris Becker 08 years 03 months
9. Rafael Nadal 07 years 11 months
10. John McEnroe 07 years 08 months

Top 5:

1. Jimmy Connors 12 years 07 months
2. Roger Federer 10 years 00 months
3. Ivan Lendl 10 years 00 months
4. Pete Sampras 9 years 06 months
5. Bjorn Borg 8 years 03 months
6. Rafael Nadal 7 years 10 months
7. John McEnroe 7 years 06 months
8. Stefan Edberg 7 years 02 months
9. Novak Djokovic 5 years 09 months
10. Andy Murray 4 years 07 months
11. Boris Becker 4 years 01 months

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #36
country flag JediFed

Federer passes Lendl for 2nd all time in the top 5. The only one who's been more consistant is Jimmy Connors who went 12 years and 7 months in the top 5 without falling out of the top 5.

This is something I've been waiting a long time for, and the reason I started this thread. Federer has begun the chase for Connors.

Federer's performance at AO13 has already assured him sufficient points to run until July, giving him 6 more months guaranteed. He is very close to clinching sufficient points to assure that he passes Sampras at 10 years 10 months - the most impressive run in the ATP unified tour era. Depending on the upcoming matches will assure him up to another year on both.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #37
country flag JediFed

AS OF JUNE

Top 10:

3. Pete Sampras 10 years 10 months
4. Roger Federer 10 years 08 months
8. Rafael Nadal 08 years 04 months
9. Boris Becker 08 years 03 months

Top 5:

2. Roger Federer 10 years 05 months
6. Rafael Nadal 8 years 03 months
9. Novak Djokovic 6 years 02 months
10. Andy Murray 5 years 00 months

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
country flag JediFed

Fed/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray vs

Connors/Lendl/Borg/McEnroe

2 years 2 months,
2 years 2 months,
2 years 1 months
2 years 6 months.

So we would have to see no changing of the guard for another 2 years before Fed/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray approaches the combined dominance of Connors/Borg/Lendl/McEnroe.

No other quartet even comes close.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #39
country flag JediFed

3. Roger Federer 11 years 02 months
4. Pete Sampras 10 years 10 months
8. Rafael Nadal 08 years 04 months
9. Boris Becker 08 years 03 months

Top 5:

2. Roger Federer 10 years 07 months
6. Rafael Nadal 8 years 03 months
9. Novak Djokovic 6 years 02 months
10. Andy Murray 5 years 00 months

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #40
country flag JediFed

Fed's run in the top 5 ends, sadly, 2 years shy of Connors but 7 months further on than Lendl. All good things must come to an end

He's still chasing Lendl and Connors in the 10 year run, just 1 year behind Lendl. Would be nice to see how well he does here.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 03-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #41
country flag JediFed

As of April 1st Roger will begin the chase for Lendl.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 03-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #42
country flag Fargif

Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa will beat Federers mark on the top5 ranking, but not sure if he cant beat Connors.

As for top10 Federer will come close not sure he can do it. Rafa wont beat Connors record here.

FITD:
Washington´14(W)

2014 - PAW-> 51st - Suicide->41st - FITD->32nd
Fargif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #43
country flag Fargif

Fargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond reputeFargif has a reputation beyond repute

Top5 Total weeks in Top10
1. Jimmy Connors.....817
2. Andre Agassi.......747
3. Ivan Lendl...........664
4. Roger Federer.....614
5. Pete Sampras......586

Top5 Consecutive weeks in Top10
1. Jimmy Connors.....788
2. Ivan Lendl...........612
3. Roger Federer.....604
4. Pete Sampras......565
5. Edberg................493

After Wimbledon Federer will overtake Lendl and Rafa might be close to Edberg.

FITD:
Washington´14(W)

Old 05-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #44
country flag Fargif

Total weeks in Top2

1...Roger Federer..... 418
2...Ivan Lendl........... 409
3...Rafael Nadal........ 381
4...Pete Sampras...... 376
5...Jimmy Connors..... 356

Rafa is 37 weeks away from Top spot.

Total weeks in Top3

1...Jimmy Connors..... 595
2...Roger Federer..... 516
3...Ivan Lendl........... 499
4...Pete Sampras...... 457
5...Rafael Nadal........ 414

Federer has a very good shot at adding some weeks in this table.
Rafa could reach Pete in AO15.
Nole is surely close but dont have the stats.

FITD:
Washington´14(W)

Old 07-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #45
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

did Connors really spend 15 straight years in the top 10? that's insane

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote