Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #451
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

ATP have replied to me on both questions I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Quote:
The drop date will be one week early for the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Paris. We are making this exception to properly reflect the results of the year for qualification into the Barclays World Tour Finals.
Quote:
Thank you for spotting the missing information on the ATP website.

We are working on the details of Daniel Baumann to have him show in the Singles Rankings on our website. He was credited in proper time and form with 1 point he earned at the Germany F13 Futures and is currently ranked #1669 in singles.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...l-Baumann.aspx

If you have any questions, please let us know.
A bit late, but good proper responses. This should be satisfying, right duong ?
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #452
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Great for the answer on the dropping date, thanks

Then it means that the points from Basel, Paris-Bercy and the WTF will drop on the same day (that is especially 3000 points for Federer -minus 150 points from Halle probably)

I guess they won't make an exception for challengers though, as anyway no player who might qualify for the WTF played one.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #453
country flag zattorc

zattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying that the ATP also confirmed that the WTF points will drop on Nov. 5 (as it should be), because they are still showing the date of Nov 12 in the players' RB? Thank you for confirming.
zattorc is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #454
country flag zattorc

zattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond reputezattorc has a reputation beyond repute

Duong, Why would Federer have to drop Halle? Don't quite understand...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #455
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zattorc View Post
Are you saying that the ATP also confirmed that the WTF points will drop on Nov. 5 (as it should be), because they are still showing the date of Nov 12 in the players' RB? Thank you for confirming.
Yes. They are dropping the WTF points on the first Monday after Paris. The player profiles have not been updated due to the fact that they were stored in their database with the 52 week computation.

Quote:
It's quite simple actually. Federer may get a 0 point penalty because of failing to complete the commitment. Thus, his 150 Halle points will drop out because a mandatory 0 will make the rankings.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #456
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT : the next answer is the reason why he will lose Doha, not Halle !

Quote:
as Slasher said, it's about the commitment : Fed will not play Tokyo or Beijing, which means that he will have only played 2 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar and will not be able to fulfill the comitment to playing 4 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar year.

Which means that he will get a zero for Tokyo/Beijing, just like last year.

PS : by the way, it's the same for Del Potro, which is why I took out his 150 points from Davis cup from my Race calculation, because he wil also get a zero for Beijing/Tokyo. Which is also why I said in this forum that Del Po was actually number 7 in the Race whereas he appeared as number 6 in the ATP's calculation.

Last edited by duong : 09-26-2012 at 06:08 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #457
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
as Slasher said, it's about the commitment : Fed will not play Tokyo or Beijing, which means that he will have only played 2 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar and will not be able to fulfill the comitment to playing 4 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar year.

Which means that he will get a zero for Tokyo/Beijing, just like last year.
Actually, in order for him to get an extra zero, he must also skip Basel/Valencia. If he plays there, he will get 3 ATP 500 this year, and Halle stays. Only by missing 2 ATP 500, he takes his Halle out.

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 09-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #458
country flag zattorc

The zero for Tokyo will just replace the one he has now, nothing will change in his tally.
He still will be able to count, as currently: Dubai, Rotterdam, Basel, Olympics, Tokyo (0) and Halle = A total of six.

And if he didn't play Basel, Halle would still stay in, as Basel is already included in his countable tournaments. He just would get his 500 points replaced with a zero.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #459
country flag duong

Ah yes ! I understand your question was about Halle, not Doha : he might drop Halle for one week only if he reaches the semi in Basel,

because this year Basel is one week earlier than last year !!

If he does that, he wil have two Basels in his ranking during one week only until the end of Paris-Bercy.

Beside that, what you said was correct, Zattorc

Last edited by duong : 09-26-2012 at 06:08 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #460
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Sorry did I say that he will drop Halle ? No, not Halle : Doha !
But Doha is already amongst the non-countable tournaments.

Quote:
Ah yes ! I understand : he might drop Halle for one week only if he reaches the semi in Basel,

because this year Basel is one week earlier than last year !!
Yes, but if he scores more than 150 points in Basel, he actually gets more points for that week.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #461
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
But Doha is already amongst the non-countable tournaments.
Yes I know Well, there was a moment of confusion because of your answer and because people already used to ask me why he would lose Doha, for the Race especially, because these people expected him to drop his zero from Tokyo.

I understood the actual question too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Yes, but if he scores more than 150 points in Basel, he actually gets more points for that week.
yes that's what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985
Isn't Delpo not a commitment player this year ? His 2010 Year-End ranking was outside Top 30.
he is in 2012 (he wasn't in 2011 indeed) because his ranking from the end of 2011 was in the top-30.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #462
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

All seem clear now.

Quote:
he is in 2012 (he wasn't in 2011 indeed) because his ranking from the end of 2011 was in the top-30.
Yeah, that was a stupid question of mine. Forget I asked it.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #463
country flag zattorc

Thanks to both of you for your answers. These schedule changes do (temporarely) muddy the water! But, it the end result that counts!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #464
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Seems that the automated thingie went back on track last night. Good, no intervention from me.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #465
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Has anyone ever answered the question "Why was Isner the only player pulling out of Monte Carlo this year and getting a 0-point penalty ?" It's still beyond me. Gasquet for instance, also a commitment player, didn't get the penalty. Also, there were still 5 ATP 500 event weeks remaining to fulfill the commitment. Did he pull out too late, or did he say something bad to the organizers ? What ?
Closed Thread