Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #1351
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Need managers for October

Honestly, Its great Direnan and rvugt that you guys manage and your work is obviously appreciated and what not, but Sergio is 100% correct, as is erick, in that at the very least, you should post that you either will be late with it, or you ned someone to do it. We're not attacking you or anything, so Direnan expecially, you dont need to respond with "oh well i managed 3 of 6 weeks etc., because frankly nobody cares and that is completely besides the point.) Its just a common courtesy thing. It takes 10 second to throw a post down, and everybody will greatly appreciate it. Just my two cents.

Singles (131) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-14 Main Draw: 24-20 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Astana-2 CH SF: Itajai CH, San Marino CH QF: Sarasota CH, Samarkand CH, Winston-Salem

Doubles (132) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-7 Main Draw: 27-24 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Marseille, Arad CH SF: Itajai CH, Tianjin CH, Marburg CH, Vancouver CH, San Marino CH

Check out my new tennis "career" here!!! - http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=502881
chowdahead25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #1352
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. I will not have time in the next few weeks even.

Need someone for manager in Tokyo. If no possible, I can try.

And, need manager for
15/10/2012 Rio De Janeiro CH CL 32/16/16/8 and
05/11/2012 Guyaquil CH CL 32/16/16/8

thanks.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #1353
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the best solution to this one is that from now on any Managers who know in advance they aren't going to able to accept picks/post diffs make it known, the earlier it's known this is possibly going to happen there will be more likelihood that there will be another Manager or person around who can assist.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #1354
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Here, a player can submit in 2 tournaments and not ask OUT in the first, can sent picks "nonstandard", can play all weeks and not help in anyone, can complain about any little thing...

And a manager can't not post a entry list, in 1 tournament only, for important reasons?

If this were more times, i don't will reclaim, but was only 1 time.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #1355
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
Here, a player can submit in 2 tournaments and not ask OUT in the first, can sent picks "nonstandard", can play all weeks and not help in anyone, can complain about any little thing...

And a manager can't not post a entry list, in 1 tournament only, for important reasons?

Calm down! Nobody is blaming anybody.

But I agree on the player submitting in 2 tournaments which was very bad!

But you are all right about it, the only thing I said that it is very easy to complain afterwards, while people can also change it earlier. So it is also up to the players to make the best of a tournament if the manager sucks, it is not only the manager who can do things. That is why I mention freak3yman when he posted the draws in my tournament! So that was not a defense, it was just that I think that complaining is pretty easy.
Just as an example, I once posted the OOP not really early because there were problems with the OOP not out at the moment I was online. I later found the OOP, so it was posted. The next day people complained that they were not able to send because of the late OOP. But in the rest of the thread, nobody asked for the OOP. So, please people, if a manager forgot something you need, just ask in the thread!

To be honest, as a manager I don't like it if there is nothing said in the thread. Than it feels like people don't care about the tournament! So even complaints are better than nothing!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #1356
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Calm down! Nobody is blaming anybody.

But you are all right about it, the only thing I said that it is very easy to complain afterwards, while people can also change it earlier. So it is also up to the players to make the best of a tournament if the manager sucks, it is not only the manager who can do things. That is why I mention freak3yman when he posted the draws in my tournament! So that was not a defense, it was just that I think that complaining is pretty easy.
Just as an example, I once posted the OOP not really early because there were problems with the OOP not out at the moment I was online. I later found the OOP, so it was posted. The next day people complained that they were not able to send because of the late OOP. But in the rest of the thread, nobody asked for the OOP. So, please people, if a manager forgot something you need, just ask in the thread!

To be honest, as a manager I don't like it if there is nothing said in the thread. Than it feels like people don't care about the tournament! So even complaints are better than nothing!
This. I think it should be a requirement to know how to make an OOP, EL, and draw. TBH the players aren't helpless...

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #1357
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post

With regards to a player committing to two events at once - that is an issue that you can remember for the next Changes thread.

Picks sent in the wrong format - a Manager can give a warning/penalise a player if they so choose - personally I never have and never would, I think it's more productive to send a PM to the player explaining why they're in the wrong format which always seems to work.

Theres some people in the world who you could give a cheque for a million pounds/dollars to and they'd complain it was the wrong colour ink - that's life.

Entry Lists - it does not take that long at all for an entry list to be done - particularly with sfar's Entry List maker, its only a case of typing all the names in a list and cutting and pasting. But the same thing really, if a manager is unable to do one if they make it known someone else can do one for them.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean in the last sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
This. I think it should be a requirement to know how to make an OOP, EL, and draw. TBH the players aren't helpless...
That would be Ideal – but I don’t see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Me too

Last edited by AdeyC : 09-25-2012 at 11:32 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #1358

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
That would be Ideal – but I don’t see that happening.
Yes, it won't happen but a way to make it more well-known is to make a thread. I know you already made that wonderful managing thread (thank you so much for that btw!) but what about a thread that explains just OOP, draw, and EL

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #1359
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yes, it won't happen but a way to make it more well-known is to make a thread. I know you already made that wonderful managing thread (thank you so much for that btw!) but what about a thread that explains just OOP, draw, and EL
That's not a bad idea.

There is a section on draws in the FAQ/Guide. I started Managing just as the Entry List/Draw Maker came into use so I've only ever Managed using that.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #1360
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute

Is what I said like seriously offensive? I think I was making good points Direnan, no need to get all upset about it

Singles (131) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-14 Main Draw: 24-20 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Astana-2 CH SF: Itajai CH, San Marino CH QF: Sarasota CH, Samarkand CH, Winston-Salem

Doubles (132) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-7 Main Draw: 27-24 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Marseille, Arad CH SF: Itajai CH, Tianjin CH, Marburg CH, Vancouver CH, San Marino CH

Check out my new tennis "career" here!!! - http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=502881
chowdahead25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #1361

Quote:
That's not a bad idea.

There is a section on draws in the FAQ/Guide. I started Managing just as the Entry List/Draw Maker came into use so I've only ever Managed using that.
True, true but a lot of people wouldn't think they could find it there and wouldn't really ever try to look there. So maybe a thread needs to take place?

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #1362
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
True, true but a lot of people wouldn't think they could find it there and wouldn't really ever try to look there. So maybe a thread needs to take place?
Very good point there.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #1363

Quote:
Very good point there.
I could make the thread if you want?

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #1364
country flag Daniel_amr

Daniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel_amr has a reputation beyond repute

Just to remind that some of the players, and partioularly the new ones where I include myself, could help you guys during a TT tourney. We already know that making the post diffs and picks take the most of your time, but for the other thnigs a lot of us could help.

Singles: 153 (High 153 Oct 06 - 2014)
Finals: 1-1
2014 W: Mons CH
2013 RU: Salinas CH

Doubles: 94 (High 80 Aug 04 - 2014)
Finals: 4-6
2012 W: Villa Allende CH; Guayaquil CH // RU: Tashkent CH; Buenos Aires CH; Marbella CH (w/SamR03A)
2013 W: Mons CH (w/Renaud); Yeongwol CH;// RU: Guayaquil CH (w/cserkinho) Chennai (w/SamR03A)
2014 RU: Mohameddia CH, Manta CH (w/dinkulpus)
Daniel_amr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #1365
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I could make the thread if you want?
If you want to write up the explanations that's fine