Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #301
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Nadal Interview: "I hope you see me in Australia...cannot say for sure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
A moment, weren`t it you who wrote today that he might play even at DC final in doubles? I thought that AO is guaranteed then.
Well, the DC story seems to be rumours from Spain with no quotes. This is a legitimate interview with Nadal. That said, I'm pretty sure he'll be in Australia barring some catastrophe. It will have been 6 months since he's played - still more than 3 months left - this injury may be slow but that should be enough for it to heal.

Just think he's being cautious and doesn't want to set an exact date but quite clearly will do everything possible to make it to the start of the 2013 season. Toni has said too that they hope to get 2 months of solid practice in before Australia. For now he's not been doing anything on a tennis court - the key question is when his doctor clears him to do that - hopefully by next month, but guess it depends on what those weekly scans show. I think the chances of him not being in Australia are very slim.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #302
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Nadal Interview: "I hope you see me in Australia...cannot say for sure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
. You don’t watch footballers playing on a hard surface, or basketball players, those sports with rapid movements.
really?

i thought basketball surface was harder than a hardcourt
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #303
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Some more interesting quotes from Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...lvrit=255506):

Sounds like the knee is still giving him pain, even though it's progressing...
Quote:
I am working as much as I can, I am doing everything they tell me to every day and the truth is that right now things are going well, more or less," the 26-year-old Spaniard said. "The only thing is that I need bit more time," he added. "We'll see how things develop in the next few weeks but my priority is to recover well, not quickly but well. "Obviously as soon as possible but the main thing is to have the certainty that you are fine when you do return. "I will return to the court when I feel that the knee no longer gives me any pain, whether that is in two weeks or in three or four."
Thinks he has "plenty of years" ahead:
Quote:
The reality is that at the age of 26 and after a career of more than 10 years, with very good results, it has been my good fortune that my knees have not prevented me competing at the highest level for many years. "I hope that when I return they don't hinder me." "What I hope for is to be ready to compete again for everything I want to compete for, like I did in the first six months of the year," he said. "That is what I will try to achieve, it's what I will fight for and work every day. I am 26 years old and I am confident I have plenty of years ahead. What I want is to recover well and to continue enjoying tennis and competition, which is what make me happy right now."
Thinks nothing in Murray's game has changed, only his mentality and that Murray will win more slams:
Quote:
Murray's victory against Federer at Wimbledon to win the Olympic gold had given him the extra confidence to see off Djokovic in New York, Nadal added. "What has changed is his mentality," he said. "His game has not changed practically at all but winning the Olympic Games helped him a lot with the victory in New York. "Andy is a player with an impressive talent and I always said he would win a slam, not just one he'll win more than one."
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #304
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute

So, no WTF for sure, the final spot is wide open now.

Funny thing is that Nadal is proving his own 2-year ranking idea to be over the top, as he will still be top 4 after missing half of the season (under the 1-year ranking).
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #305
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Nadull should snooze until South American clay season starts. That way he can have some practice before all the top players go to Monte Carlo and he can skip Madrid. If all goes well he will roll onto the grass with confidence and much less fatigue than he normally has at that part of the year. After Wimbledon it's just 2 MS and the USO so not a very packed schedule.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #306
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Nadal forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Nadull forum
...Didn't take too long for Noserertards to show up. You should be showing as much vigor for all the Olderer threads that his fangirls start daily to be moved to his forum.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #307
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
‘I can’t pretend not to play on hard courts when two of the Slams are on hard courts, but there is a mistake with our game. You don’t watch footballers playing on a hard surface, or basketball players, those sports with rapid movements. ‘It’s not going to change for me and my generation. Hard courts are very negative for the body. I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 per cent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before but there aren’t that many options.’ Andre Agassi once claimed Nadal’s vigorous playing style meant he was ‘writing cheques that his body can’t cash’. He has proved the likes of Agassi wrong before; many will hope he does so again.
No, fuck you man. Fuck you Nadal. YOU play a game that's hard on the body. It's YOUR fault. People's been saying it before. Talented players that don't stress themselves much on the body don't get injured because of hard court. You selfish bastard. What are you claiming for? More clay? Even more homogenisation of the courts? No bloody way man. Can't believe this guy.
Selfish as it gets.
Jesus.

argh. What a jerk.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #308
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
No, fuck you man. Fuck you Nadal. YOU play a game that's hard on the body. It's YOUR fault. People's been saying it before. Talented players that don't stress themselves much on the body don't get injured because of hard court. You selfish bastard. What are you claiming for? More clay? Even more homogenisation of the courts? No bloody way man. Can't believe this guy.
Selfish as it gets.
Jesus.

argh. What a jerk.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #309
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
unknown Lukas Rosol
You'll now be hard pushed to find a tennis fan who doesn't know Rosol's shoe size
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #310
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute

Longer natural surfaces' season would be more than welcome imo. Outdoor HC is shit atm, it has no upsides compared to clay, while on clay you can juggle with spins more and footwork is more beautiful there.

More grass tournaments would be great as well. Grass season should have a 500 and a Masters.
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #311
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Not mad, bro. Just pointing out what a selfish bad person Nadal is.

Also I'm all for less clay courts and hard courts (50% and 50% each) for more grass courts. Of course that won't happen.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #312
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

AO courts will be punishing for his knees if he is not 100% recovered.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #313
country flag DJ Soup

Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
AO courts will be punishing for his knees if he is not 100% recovered.
AO should be on grass
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #314
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Spartaaa!!!!
paseo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #315
country flag Londinium

Londinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
AO should be on grass
1987 is calling. The AO is fine. It fits in well as a slow hard court, then you have RG on slow clay, Wimbledon on supposedly fast grass (ha) and USO on a fast hard court. It's a good mix, much better than the mix we have at Masters Level. The problem is the idiots running the ATP and Grand Slams slowing down Wimbledon and the USO.
Londinium is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread