Who will win the 2012 Davis Cup Czech Republic vs. Spain? (Berdych having some fun) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win DC?

CZE 64 49.61%
ESP 65 50.39%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #106
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 DC Final CZE - ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
But Fed (with Nadal) supported the idea of not having Carpet events on the tour IIRC. I'm not sure about that though.
He did support it.

Even then as long as this surface isn't slow then more chances for the Czechs, but they can't have injuries.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #107
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
But Fed (with Nadal) supported the idea of not having Carpet events on the tour IIRC. I'm not sure about that though.
When Nadal and Fed pleaded to get rid of carpet (Taraflex) in Paris, there were already hardly any carpet tournaments left on Tour, the movement to another surface started long before, even in the beginning of the 90s, as some people proved.

Then OK to accept Fed and Nadal's responsibility in that, but summarizing the change to only the two of them is a caricature which is too often made in this forum.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #108
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Did they end up moving the other event which clashes with the DC final? Prague is like a library compared to Ostrava when it comes to crowd noise.
Might that impression be caused by Ostrava's arena that's smaller? Or are people at Ostrava madder about tennis? Anyway, I just read from TF that all tickets for Fed Cup final in Prague were sold in Monday when the sales started. So interest seems to be huge. Hopefully the atmosphere is great in both finals.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #109
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Reports from Spain today that Nadal may play in the final - but in doubles with Marc Lopez. Potentially then available for the singles on the final day if needs be. Makes sense - doubles far less taxing physically than singles, he's a much better option to partner Lopez than Marcel Granollers, him and Lopez have won IW twice and Doha twice - have a great friendship and partnership and would be ESP's best hope of the doubles point... Could be a good chance for Nadal to get back into the competitive swing of things too...

Quote:
So far only a rumor, but is running for social networks like wildfire. Rafa Nadal would return to the slopes for the Davis Cup final on 16 November in Prague, Czech Republic face as holding 'Tennis World'. So far only a rumor circulating among firms, but increasingly is stronger. The idea is that the Spaniard back to Alex Corretja captained quartet to play the doubles with Marc Lopez. Yes, as long as you are fully able because doctors do not want to force their return under any circumstances.

The number one Spanish and the current top 8 in the world in doubles ranking meet and interpenetrate to perfection. In fact, together they have lifted four trophies (two class Masters 1000 Indian Wells). Meanwhile, the Czech team, composed of Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek as great strengths, indoor hard court will require the best of the Spanish version.

Nobody will force Nadal to make an extra effort, but it raises very serious player help the Spanish team as much as possible, as the 'salad bowl' is a trophy which makes it a very special enthusiasm and want to be with their peers in as far as possible, provided that in no danger pongfa recovery. In fact, it is reaching even rumored that, if necessary, Nadal could participate in the final day of competition at the 'singles'.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201209...351779943.html
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #110
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

So, if Rafa played the final rubber, the OOP would be:
Rubbers 1 & 2: Berdych v. Almagro/F. Lopez
and Stepanek/Rosol v. Ferrer
Rubber 3: Berdych/Stepanek v. M. Lopez/Nadal
Rubber 4: Berdych v. Ferrer

And guess what?

Rubber 5: Rosol (or Stepanek) v. Nadal

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #111
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So, if Rafa played the final rubber, the OOP would be:
Rubbers 1 & 2: Berdych v. Almagro/F. Lopez
and Stepanek/Rosol v. Ferrer
Rubber 3: Berdych/Stepanek v. M. Lopez/Nadal
Rubber 4: Berdych v. Ferrer

And guess what?

Rubber 5: Rosol (or Stepanek) v. Nadal
There's no way the CZE captain would choose Rosol I don't think. Based on Rosol's recent results it definitely seems like Wimbledon was a fluke performance - if it was a decisive fifth rubber would he go with the experienced player who has performed for the Czechs or the loose cannon who most likely would bomb? Yes Rosol has beaten Nadal so that would be a factor but more than Nadal himself, Rosol was on another planet that day. In the cold light of day that seems like quite a roll of the dice. Then again, they might think there's no way Stepanek could win vs Nadal - might as well try Rosol - could be a beatdown or everything could fall in place.

Would be quite nice for Nadal to win the fifth point vs Rosol.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #112
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
There's no way the CZE captain would choose Rosol I don't think. Based on Rosol's recent results it definitely seems like Wimbledon was a fluke performance - if it was a decisive fifth rubber would he go with the experienced player who has performed for the Czechs or the loose cannon who most likely would bomb? Yes Rosol has beaten Nadal so that would be a factor but more than Nadal himself, Rosol was on another planet that day. In the cold light of day that seems like quite a roll of the dice. Then again, they might think there's no way Stepanek could win vs Nadal - might as well try Rosol - could be a beatdown or everything could fall in place.

Would be quite nice for Nadal to win the fifth point vs Rosol.
I think the Czechs would be idiots to play Stepanek instead of Rosol against Nadal though. Fact is you might as well throw Rosol out there and let him ballbash and see what happens, it's unlikely he'll rise to the occasion once again, but I would still give more hope to that than Stepanek even getting a set.

Anyway would be hilarious to see Nadal showing up for DC just for the doubles. Still a good Spanish team though, I definitely fear Lopez more than Ferrer on a fast court, especially for Berdych.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #113
country flag August

Also, Spain may say Nadal will possibly play the 5th rubber, just as a bluff. Rosol might be the preferred option against Rafa, Sexy against Almagro or Lopez.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #114
country flag Ash86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I think the Czechs would be idiots to play Stepanek instead of Rosol against Nadal though. Fact is you might as well throw Rosol out there and let him ballbash and see what happens, it's unlikely he'll rise to the occasion once again, but I would still give more hope to that than Stepanek even getting a set.

Anyway would be hilarious to see Nadal showing up for DC just for the doubles. Still a good Spanish team though, I definitely fear Lopez more than Ferrer on a fast court, especially for Berdych.
Yeah I can see that argument. Rosol probably has a 5% chance of winning while Stepanek practically none. So might as well try Rosol. My low assessment of Rosol hasn't got much to do with Nadal, who one would expect would not be in the best form and playing fast indoor hardcourts is his worst nightmare anyway, but all to do with just how bad Rosol has been lately. Then again, the indoor conditions might suit his ball bashing and it could all fall in place.

Think ESP will be hoping they can win without the fifth rubber - win the doubles, win Stepanek/Ferrer and Berdych/Ferrer. The last one is tough but not impossible - you just never know which Berdych will turn up.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #115
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

berdych is a pos. i expect a full bend over in the final
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #116
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
berdych is a pos. i expect a full bend over in the final
He'll do fine IMO, all he has to do is imagine he's playing Noserer in QF of a slam.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #117
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Might that impression be caused by Ostrava's arena that's smaller? Or are people at Ostrava madder about tennis? Anyway, I just read from TF that all tickets for Fed Cup final in Prague were sold in Monday when the sales started. So interest seems to be huge. Hopefully the atmosphere is great in both finals.
TF doesn't count. Ostrava is a better sporting crowd than they are in Prague, that's where the Czechs have their best fans.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #118
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

They got that the other event moved and final will be held in Prague. Of course more money for the Czech federation holding it there, though it will be a library in Prague.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #119
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
They got that the other event moved and final will be held in Prague. Of course more money for the Czech federation holding it there, though it will be a library in Prague.
will it be in fast indoors condition
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #120
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moscow R1 : Rosol def. Gimeno-Traver 7-6(9) 7-6(2)

Rosol isn't good enough to be trusted for a DC finals match.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote