Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 90 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #1336
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Need managers for October

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESimp View Post
Question - We had a player registered for both Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. They had registered for Bangkok first then K.L second.

The manager in K.L put them in a LE as I am guessing they noticed the Bangkok commitment, not sure if the manager said anything to them. Qualies started yesterday (and the player didn't send for K.L) and I only just noticed they were in both.

What happens here?
I would say that since the player never withdrew from Bangkok he should still be in the entry list from there (first one prevails), but he should be advised to commit to only 1 tournament per week in the future.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #1337
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
I would say that since the player never withdrew from Bangkok he should still be in the entry list from there (first one prevails), but he should be advised to commit to only 1 tournament per week in the future.
I agree with Alex here on the interpretation of the rule :-

The player committed to Bangkok first, then to Kuala Lumpur - the double commitment has been noticed before the main draw of Bangkok has started - the player is in the main draw of Bangkok as that was where he committed first, so the commitment has to stand.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #1338
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Well since rvugt has been out a while I decided to make the draws my popular demand, and I noticed something while making the doubles draw... rvugt had accidentally put the team of chowdahead25/Ozone twice on the EL, as a result another team was knocked down to qualies when they should've gotten into the MD. The team that got knocked down did actually qualify for the MD, so who gets the spot? Thanks!

^^This is regarding the Orleans CH btw

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #1339
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Well since rvugt has been out a while I decided to make the draws my popular demand, and I noticed something while making the doubles draw... rvugt had accidentally put the team of chowdahead25/Ozone twice on the EL, as a result another team was knocked down to qualies when they should've gotten into the MD. The team that got knocked down did actually qualify for the MD, so who gets the spot? Thanks!

^^This is regarding the Orleans CH btw
Hm, that is really sad but I can´t see any other solution than to have a lucky loser spot in doubles main draw.

This rule should be used.

After making the qualifying draw, a vacancy occurs in the main draw. How is the vacancy filled?

If the qualifying competition has begun, the vacancy is filled by the eligible lucky loser. If the qualifying competition has not begun, the vacancy is filled by the next player on the alternate list.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #1340
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Hm, that is really sad but I can´t see any other solution than to have a lucky loser spot in doubles main draw.

This rule should be used.

After making the qualifying draw, a vacancy occurs in the main draw. How is the vacancy filled?

If the qualifying competition has begun, the vacancy is filled by the eligible lucky loser. If the qualifying competition has not begun, the vacancy is filled by the next player on the alternate list.
Gotcha Thanks so much Alex! I'll see if I can make the MD now...

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #1341
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, I hate to complain about managing because managers are taking their free time and putting it into the game and everything, but this week both Beijing and Tokyo did not have an EL update before the first deadline. I think it's very important to always have at least one update before the deadline, so that people can know if they have a chance of making the MD before committing.

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietè)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #1342
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
Guys, I hate to complain about managing because managers are taking their free time and putting it into the game and everything, but this week both Beijing and Tokyo did not have an EL update before the first deadline. I think it's very important to always have at least one update before the deadline, so that people can know if they have a chance of making the MD before committing.
Totally agree.

And if they can't post the Entry List, give others the opportunity to do it by posting in the first page the list of committed players until the last managers post.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #1343
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

It is always preferable for there to be Entry List updates prior to an event starting
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #1344
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Totally agree.

And if they can't post the Entry List, give others the opportunity to do it by posting in the first page the list of committed players until the last managers post.
This isn't good. But, I don't have time for make EL in this week. And in weekend, my sister was to hospital. And I make volunteer work in saturday and sunday...

Not to mention that, I was manager in 3 the last 6 weeks + more Tokyo in next week (this only in TT).
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia

Last edited by Direnan : 09-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #1345
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
This isn't good. But, I don't have time for make EL in this week. And in weekend, my sister was to hospital. And I make volunteer work in saturday and sunday...

Not to mention that, I was manager in 3 the last 6 weeks + more Tokyo in next week (this only in TT).
Renan, I'm not saying that a manager MUST post the Entry List, there are much more important things in life for sure. What I am saying is that, if you know you're going to be busy in the weekend, ask someone to post an Entry List for you, I'm sure anyone commited to your tournament would have helped you.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #1346
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Renan, I'm not saying that a manager MUST post the Entry List, there are much more important things in life for sure. What I am saying is that, if you know you're going to be busy in the weekend, ask someone to post an Entry List for you, I'm sure anyone commited to your tournament would have helped you.
Just as a small remark, you could have done it yourself without the manager asking. I was late with making the draw in Orleans and someone just made the draw, which helped me a lot! So if you saw that this problem would arise, you could ask for it in the thread before the deadline (don't know if you did) and otherwise make it yourself.

But I completely agree that an entrylist should be made before the deadline!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #1347
country flag sfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Just as a small remark, you could have done it yourself without the manager asking. I was late with making the draw in Orleans and someone just made the draw, which helped me a lot! So if you saw that this problem would arise, you could ask for it in the thread before the deadline (don't know if you did) and otherwise make it yourself.

But I completely agree that an entrylist should be made before the deadline!
I must say that I didn't know about Entry Lists not being posted until it was said here. I'm not playing in Orleans so I don't know what's going on there, I'm just aware of the ones I play in. That's why I said 'ask someone to post an Entry List for you, I'm sure anyone commited to your tournament would have helped you.'.

In fact, last week in Szcecin, Evita didn't post the Entry List so I PM him asking if I could help posting the Entry List and then I PM'd him the Entry List to publish.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 09-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #1348
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I fail to see why Sergio is being criticised here.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #1349
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I fail to see why Sergio is being criticised here.
This isn't a critical. Is only differentes visions.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #1350
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for some help with Mons next week.

I signed up to play there so need someone who can accept my (and my opps) picks. Also will need someone to post OOP on for Sunday qualies for me.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote