The Official PAW Rules + Supplement - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #151
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official PAW Rules + Supplement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_amr View Post
Hi, is tehere a max qty of tournaments to be played during a season? I mean, similar to ATP rankings
You can play at one PAW tournament per week throughout the ATP Season but the PAW Rankings use your points scores from the following:-

Code:
Total points in the ranking is the sum of 4 Grand Slams, 8 best of ATP1000 (12 mandatory tournaments) and 6 best of the rest.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #152
country flag Yoav

Yoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtoot View Post
You can play at one PAW tournament per week throughout the ATP Season but the PAW Rankings use your points scores from the following:-

Code:
Total points in the ranking is the sum of 4 Grand Slams, 8 best of ATP1000 (12 mandatory tournaments) and 6 best of the rest.
3 questions please:
1. what are the 12 mandatory tournaments? i assume that the 1000 tournaments (total of 9) + which 3 more?
2. is the olympics a mandatory tournament?
3. is the rankings for the race to london are the same? (4 grand slams, 8 best of ATP1000 ect...)
thanks
PAW 2014: Houston - Winner
Yoav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #153
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
3 questions please:
1. what are the 12 mandatory tournaments? i assume that the 1000 tournaments (total of 9) + which 3 more?
2. is the olympics a mandatory tournament?
3. is the rankings for the race to london are the same? (4 grand slams, 8 best of ATP1000 ect...)
thanks
1. 4 Grand Slams + 8 of 9 ATP1000's (Best 8 are used for Rankings)
2. No.
3. Yes, both Rankings use the same points structure (12 Mand + 6 best of the rest). However, if you qualify for the London ATP Masters at the end of the Season, then ranking points achieved at London will count as a 19th tournament in the Entry Rankings.

Last edited by sdtoot : 01-03-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Answer 3 corrected.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #154
country flag Yoav

Yoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond reputeYoav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. No.
3. Yes, both Rankings use the same points structure (12 Mand + 6 best of the rest). However, if you qualify for the London ATP Masters at the end of the Season, then ranking points achieved at London may count as one of your 'six best of the rest'.
if my 9th ATP1000 result is better than my 6th best of the rest result, it still won't count in the ranking?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #155
country flag sdtoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
if my 9th ATP1000 result is better than my 6th best of the rest result, it still won't count in the ranking?
It will count as one of your 6 best of the rest.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #156
country flag Yoav

Quote:
It will count as one of your 6 best of the rest.
thanks for the info
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #157
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question: I am currently playing for PAW in Chennai.
Rik. (manager) is leading with 1 point over me.
But it seems that we have the same picks for the next two matches and maybe for the next picks.
Imagining the situation remains the same until the final, what is the rule if the manager to which we can send the last pick is the competitor..
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #158
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERTOM93 View Post
I have a question: I am currently playing for PAW in Chennai.
Rik. (manager) is leading with 1 point over me.
But it seems that we have the same picks for the next two matches and maybe for the next picks.
Imagining the situation remains the same until the final, what is the rule if the manager to which we can send the last pick is the competitor..
In that case I will ask someone from the board to receive our final pick
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #159
country flag sdtoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik. View Post
In that case I will ask someone from the board to receive our final pick
You can both send your final picks to me if required.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #160
country flag purtov45

purtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. No.
3. Yes, both Rankings use the same points structure (12 Mand + 6 best of the rest). However, if you qualify for the London ATP Masters at the end of the Season, then ranking points achieved at London may count as one of your 'six best of the rest'.
Hello Shaun,

Greg counted up ranking differently, for TOP-16 summarized 19 results, for the others 18. I shall reduce points for TOP-16?
PAW: #94(15 nov 2010) --> #71(7 feb 2011)
purtov45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #161
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov45 View Post
Hello Shaun,

Greg counted up ranking differently, for TOP-16 summarized 19 results, for the others 18. I shall reduce points for TOP-16?
I think that's because of the World tour finals which is only for the top 16, that's why they got 19 results and the other players have 18 results.
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #162
country flag sdtoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov45 View Post
Hello Shaun,

Toivy,

Yes, Greg was correct. You count 18 tournaments plus the World Tour Final points for the top 16 players:-

4 Grand Slams + Best 8 of ATP100's + Best 6 of the rest + ATP World Tour Final points.

I have corrected my post #153 above to reflect this.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #163
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute

Question: if someone makes a mistake (wrong player in odd, picking one match twice with reverse winners) is it managers responsibility to contact player or not?
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #164
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Responsibility? Of course not.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #165
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute

My view is that you have to notice it to the player on the thread.. After it is the player responsibility to adapt
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote