Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #1306
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Need managers for October

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
In cases such as this :-

What happens if a player commits to two different tournaments in the same week?

If the player commited first in a tournament and then commited in another one, the first one prevails. The player must withdraw from the tournament they've previously entered before being accepted in the entry list of the other tournament (as a late entry). If the double commitment is not noticed by the managers, points gained by a player who commits to tournaments in the same week will be disconsidered. If the infraction is noticed before the tournaments start, only the first commitment is valid and no punishment is applied.[b]
If a player play in 2 tournaments, he withdraws vacancy of other player. This is unfair.

And, if have penalty, then, the player would will pay more attention.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #1307
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahqz View Post
First I've to say I didn't want to blame anybody personally. Two different things happened with a distance of 3 days. I grumbled because of late diffs on Saturday as I expected Freak3y would post diffs the whole week. I did not know that you will post them on weekdays. Then today it was the other way round, too early and I thought a board member would know that it's not good as it happened quite often this year. But probably I've chosen all 4 tournaments where it happened this year.
So it was the addition of the things that happened from Saturday to Tuesday which made me so grumpy.
Again I didn't want to point a finger on anybody and if somebody feels personally attacked by me I'm really sorry.
And for sure in an arguement nobody is right in every point and of course I wasn't in this one.

Early deadlines are another point you can argue about. I really like them (if the OOP is out early enough) as I said. But I also understand the opposit arguments.

I still want to help as much as I can, as I also tried in Izmir but if I wanna manage whole tournaments I've to think about for one evening/night.
I can understand you mentioning something once, but the late diffs were 3 days ago(!) And I've explained before that I told Boarder I would be busy this week, but he still put me down to manage so I'm doing my job. I was planning on posting the diffs on time, but I slept through my alarm and posted them as soon as I realized that. I play many tournaments where diffs are posted late, but it really doesn't affect anything and I really couldn't care less. I honestly don't know what you're trying to ask here You've seemed to be the only player concerned about this.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #1308

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ And just to add on, there really was no winning situation that rvugt had today. It was either be hounded for early picks or be hounded for late picks. You're also not taking into account that what might be a normal time for you, could also be a very inconvenient time for someone else(i.e the time play started (the deadline) on Saturday was at 1:00 AM for me!

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #1309
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't make the connection between late diffs on Saturday and early diffs yesterday. It was Crvena Zvezda who said I'm complaining about everything. What's probably right. But I didn't do it to blame somebody but only to have a fair and funny game for everybody.

I'm taking into account that deadlines can of European tournaments aren't good for Americans. But I said that before if it's 1am set an earlier deadline or if you don't want to ask somebody else to post the diffs. What happened on Monday and Tuesday. Of course it can happen one day and I wouldn't complain about yesterday if it was the only time in the tournament but it wasn't.

The only thing I'm asking for are diffs on time as often as it's possible. Late results, doesn't matter for me. OOP posted by somebody else or even me, no problem. But diffs are the key of TT and that's why I'm only choosing tournaments where I'm sure I'm awake and at office to post diffs.
As I said you can have meeting at work sometimes, no problem, but in Izmir it was the addtion of the things that didn't work correctly.
TT Singles ranking: 68 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 60 (High: 31)

-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #1310
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

But I think arguing about it doesn't help TT at all. So guys please leave me in the following tournaments as manager.

-- TT Board Member --
Old 09-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #1311
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahqz View Post
But I think arguing about it doesn't help TT at all. So guys please leave me in the following tournaments as manager.
I'm happy to hear that TT doesn't need to lose any managers at all!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #1312

Mahqz the thing with early deadlines is that some people wouldn't be able to send picks in a certain range of time that I choose, but they would be able to before play started and I really wouldn't want to screw anyone over with that.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #1313
country flag Mahqz

But it worked last year when Goldenoldie did it? OOP was out at 7:30pm CEST if you put deadline at 8am CEST it's more than 12 hours. I think this should be enough. But as I said, this is a point where you can argue for a long time. And as Izmir is over for me now I don't wanna continue this argument.

-- TT Board Member --
Old 09-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1314
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to remind players and managers that TT has a code of conduct which covers a lot of the points which have been discussed here over the last couple of days. This is in addition to the rules thread and can be found here:-
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=174089.

It was published at the beginning of 2011 so there are no doubt new players who have not read it.
It's worth reading!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #1315
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I'd like to remind players and managers that TT has a code of conduct which covers a lot of the points which have been discussed here over the last couple of days. This is in addition to the rules thread and can be found here:-
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=174089.

It was published at the beginning of 2011 so there are no doubt new players who have not read it.
It's worth reading!
It might be a good idea for that to be stickied and kept at the front of this section along with the Rules and FAQ.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #1316
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

For choose the challengers of the month, for me, should consider the time zone of the tournaments.
For example, have some managers in America, but, in some months, have tournaments in America zone, but here, the board prefer tournaments in the Europe.
Marto considered this. ^^

Exemple (II) - In this week, would be more easy for Freak, be manager in Campinas than Izmir.

This is only a opinion. =)
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #1317
country flag Mahqz

Yeah right. I think so, too. We shouldn't only take into account the price money but also time zones and if it's possible have different ones in America, Europe and Asia/Australia.

-- TT Board Member --
Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1318
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
For choose the challengers of the month, for me, should consider the time zone of the tournaments.
For example, have some managers in America, but, in some months, have tournaments in America zone, but here, the board prefer tournaments in the Europe.
Marto considered this. ^^

Exemple (II) - In this week, would be more easy for Freak, be manager in Campinas than Izmir.

This is only a opinion. =)
In general people like to play bigger challengers. For me for example, I don't care about the players that are between 200 and 400, is only tougher to pick. I prefer the biggest challengers so that I actually know the players. But if people think different about that, we would be please to know.
For the manager story, I don't think we should start choosing tournaments so it is easier for managers. There are more than enough players from Europe who could have managed Izmir. It is just that those players didn't say they would do it. We are always looking for new managers, so if somebody is interested, let us know!
rvugt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #1319
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone for Shangai

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 72 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #1320
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to try managing, but I guess a M1000 outside my timezone wouldn't be the best choice. If there's still some European Challenger at the table, I can take it.

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote