1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #301
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Kyrgios is playing extremely well these last two weeks so Redlicki has a slim chance of winning in my opinion.

It looks like Mmoh was serving lights out today, based on the match stats. He'll have to serve at least as good to even stand a chance against Cagnina. I don't expect him to win but I could see him winning a tiebreak set (hopefully).

Thompson is a very good player. I really don't know what to expect from Kozlov as he's always able to keep matches close and win tight ones. This could be another one of those tight matches. Kozlov is still the underdog but......

And ultimately, I agree. Adams probably has the best chance of winning. His opponent had a tough opening match, so maybe that will weigh on him physically or emotionally... but probably not so hopefully Adams plays really well.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #302
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I just found out that Martin Redlicki is a lefty like his older brother, that's pretty rare (lefty siblings with good height).

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #303
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Krueger Falls to Qualifier Ram-Harel, Qualifiers Mmoh and Black Get First US Open Main Draw Wins

Quote:
With No. 15 seed Mackenzie McDonald losing Sunday and No. 14 seed Noah Rubin dropping a 6-3, 6-3 decision to 2011 semifinalist Kyle Edmund of Great Britain earlier today, it was up to No. 5 seed Mitchell Krueger to assure a US boys seed in the second round. The Wimbledon and French Open semifinalist couldn't deliver however, falling to qualifier Or Ram-Harel of Israel 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 in front of a large and vocal Court 13 crowd, whose loyalties were evenly divided.

"In the beginning it surprised me how many people were for him," said Krueger. "I'm in the US, playing a guy who is from Israel, lives in Israel and has no ties here and they were cheering for him. But it got better when I got off to a good start in the second set."

Krueger didn't maintain that good start, but he managed to break Ram-Harel serving at 5-6 to even the match.

In the fourth game of the third set, Krueger was unable to convert either of two break points, and was broken himself in the next game, with a double fault, and a backhand error, one of many he made in the final set, contributing to the break.

Ram-Harel hit with a lot of topspin and came up with very few winners in the final set, but Krueger, playing in his final junior match, could not find a way to build any momentum. Several more unforced errors put him down two match points serving at 3-5, and although he saved the first with a spectacular backhand down the line winner off an excellent offensive lob, he couldn't duplicate that in the next point, when his forehand reply to Ram-Harel's return went long.

Krueger was philosophical about the loss and said he wouldn't trade his win in the men's qualifying tournament for a victory in the juniors.

"You can always learn things from a match win or lose," said Krueger when asked what he might have done better. "Maybe being more aggressive, coming forward more. But I'm glad I could end [my junior career] in New York, just maybe not this early."

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #304
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for Noah, tough one today. First time playing the US Open and everyone you know is watching. That's a lot of pressure and I'm sure it affected him today. Especially considering his tweet after the match.
Noah Rubin ‏@Noahrubin33
Embarrassing.

But oh well, just more motivation to work even harder

Feel for Mitchell, too. Really unbelievable how many guys lost in the first round
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #305
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Should be fun in the next couple of weeks, a lot of juniors in the qualifying of USA futures.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #306
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Round 2
Harrison ADAMS (USA) d. Daniel MASUR (GER) [11] 6-3 6-4
Stefan KOZLOV (USA) d. Jordan THOMPSON (AUS) 6-3 6-7(6) 6-3
Julien CAGNINA (BEL) [16] d. Michael MMOH (USA) (Q) 6-3 6-3
Nick KYRGIOS (AUS) [7] d. Martin REDLICKI (USA) (WC) 6-1 6-3

Round 3
Harrison ADAMS (USA) v. Kaichi UCHIDA (JPN) [8]
Stefan KOZLOV (USA) v. Wayne MONTGOMERY (RSA)

3rd round in few hours, good luck to Harry and Stefan

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #307
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Harry starting next, let's go
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #308
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Harry starting next, let's go
Now I kinda understand why he lost to Stefan, he can't close out sets .

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #309
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Round 3
Kaichi UCHIDA (JPN) [8] d. Harrison ADAMS (USA) 7-5 7-6(5)
Wayne MONTGOMERY (RSA) d. Stefan KOZLOV (USA) 6-2 6-3

Better luck next year boys

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #310
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Harrison Adams ‏@HarrisonAdams5

@Mike_Hawk18 lost tonight. Had set points in both sets. Hard one to swallow but had a good tournament over all
I hope he signs up for sport psychology at Texas A&M , it was painful following the scoreboard yesterday .

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 09-07-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #311
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mexico F10, Manzanillo, Mexico
(q)Ernesto Escobedo (USA) d. (WC)Eduardo Nava (USA) 6-2 4-1 ret.

Congrats to Ernie on his first point , Eduardo

Too bad Escobedo will be left off the Junior Davis Cup team (can't they add more spots?, 3 is such a small number). Next year will be even worse, a couple of players from this year's WJT team may be left off . Anyway, I hope he can afford to play more junior events next year.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #312
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

2nd round
(3)Christopher Diaz-Figueroa (GUA) d. (q)Ernesto Escobedo (USA) 1-6 6-4 6-4

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #313
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Why don't more of our juniors go to Mexico? I guess they prefer to go through 4 rounds of Qualies in California . Good luck to the usual suspects .

Qualifying Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/1518/qs.pdf

Costa Mesa Q Draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/q...ng_draw198.PDF

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #314
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Maindraw wildcards for Mitch and Spencer in Costa Mesa? Alex is playing Qualifying. Great to see Brad hanging out with the juniors.

Quote:
Spencer Papa ‏@spapa22

Good training week in Palm Springs with @BradleyKlahn @alexhalebian818 @mitch_krueger back to LA.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #315
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Main draw for Costa Mesa is out: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/705/mds.pdf

Alex qualified, will play Mark Verryth.
Mitch got a wc, will play Dadamo . I don't see him winning this.
Connor Farren also got a wc, plays Kosakowski . Definitely don't see him winning this one.
Shane Vinsant also qualified, will play Daniel Nguyen. Maybe we should create a post-junior thread for the 93 players. I also predict a loss here.

So a 3-0 prediction for the former college players.

Rhyne's Picture Thread