Playing ITF Futures - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
country flag peteyjones13

peteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playing ITF Futures

Hey guys,

So I have a question for you. I've played tennis all my life, and I want to play 1 or 2 ITF futures tournaments. I'm 26, turning 27 soon, know I have zero future in tennis lol, but just would love the experience. Looking at the ITF website, I see that I can register. I'm just wondering, if there's an ITF futures tournament in Toronto lets say, would I actually be able to get into the qualifying tournament if I just applied for it? (assuming I've registered and paid the ITF fees etc.) Is it that easy? Or would my name go into a random draw, and I would be unlikely to make the qualifying tournament?

Thanks so much in advance for your responses. Tough loss for Milos today . Hoping for big things this year from Vasek/Peter!
peteyjones13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing ITF Futures

hi

if you have IPIN you can register for any tournament you want. Of course you'll be at the bottom of the list since you dont have ATP points or Candian ranking. But usually there are many withdrawals even a few days before the event so if you live in Toronto you can go there when there is the qualifying sign-in even if you're not on the list and see if there is an empty place

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

last year Toronto Futures had many byes in 1st round qual

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/tourna...ent=1100024922

64 draw though

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #4

peteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to play qualifying at the futures in Toronto at the Donalda Club starting tomorrow lol. I have no idea if I'll be competitive at all or if I'll just lose 6-0, 6-0. We'll see!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming that Peter is your name, and it may not be, there is only one Peter in the main draw. So you got to the second round of a futures qualifying draw

Actually though, I have never heard of anyone in your section (if that is you) so at least you avoided Eric Quigley.

I will be interested to see how Egor Kole... does, I played in an event that he was in (tennis Ontario) a few weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #7

Hey guys,

I got crushed by Josh Graves, who was a tennis star at Northwestern, and has just recently graduated and will try his luck on the futures circuit. Right from the beginning I realized that I had no chance in hell lol. My groundstrokes are solid, but my serve is a joke. If I could get into a rally with him, I had a small chance of winning the point, but I rarely got in any rallies with him as his serve was amazing and hard to return, and my serve sucks. (Don't get me wrong, even in rallies he would win the majority of the points) Anyways, it was really cool to get a chance to play, and hopefully this Josh Graves guy goes somewhere so that I can say I played him lol.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #8
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. I guess you were on the right surface for your game.

Would love to do what you did, just once, despite my age. Maybe if we get a Futures event in Halifax and I learn to hit a decent top-spin forehand... (Just the opposite - I can serve big and volley okay but have a very poor ground game. Hey, I played from 14 to 18 recreationally and started again a year ago, am now 41, so what can be expected?) It's all about having a go, realizing the experience.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #9

So I played the futures qualifying today for the Parkway tournament, and I won my match! lol.

I played a guy who was 50 years old. The level of our play was embarrassingly inferior to all of the courts around us.
It was an intense match. I won the first set 6-4, and was up 5-1 in the second set tiebreaker. He came back/I choked and he took the 2nd set breaker. In the third set, he was up 3-0. I started playing ridiculously conservatively just pushing balls back, chasing balls down, not missing. I battled back and won 7-5 in the third!

We both got extremely lucky playing each other in the draw.

I'm playing Josh Graves again tomorrow (who beat me 6-0, 6-0 my first futures qualifying match). I have no shot of winning, but I would be disappointed if I don't win 1 game.

Just thought I'd let you guys know my futures experience in case any of you are curious!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumashu View Post
Good stuff. I guess you were on the right surface for your game.

Would love to do what you did, just once, despite my age. Maybe if we get a Futures event in Halifax and I learn to hit a decent top-spin forehand... (Just the opposite - I can serve big and volley okay but have a very poor ground game. Hey, I played from 14 to 18 recreationally and started again a year ago, am now 41, so what can be expected?) It's all about having a go, realizing the experience.
Ya man. It's just nice be able to say you played. I hope a futures comes to Halifax, or somehow, you get to play one some other way. All the best! And the guy I played today was 50, so your age is not an obstacle!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyjones13 View Post
So I played the futures qualifying today for the Parkway tournament, and I won my match! lol.

I played a guy who was 50 years old. The level of our play was embarrassingly inferior to all of the courts around us.
It was an intense match. I won the first set 6-4, and was up 5-1 in the second set tiebreaker. He came back/I choked and he took the 2nd set breaker. In the third set, he was up 3-0. I started playing ridiculously conservatively just pushing balls back, chasing balls down, not missing. I battled back and won 7-5 in the third!

We both got extremely lucky playing each other in the draw.

I'm playing Josh Graves again tomorrow (who beat me 6-0, 6-0 my first futures qualifying match). I have no shot of winning, but I would be disappointed if I don't win 1 game.

Just thought I'd let you guys know my futures experience in case any of you are curious!
Oh wow, Peter! I see you on the qualie draw there! Very best of luck to you against Joshua Graves! ..Love your perspective on the whole thing. ..Please keep us in the loop on your activities
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keech View Post
Oh wow, Peter! I see you on the qualie draw there! Very best of luck to you against Joshua Graves! ..Love your perspective on the whole thing. ..Please keep us in the loop on your activities
oh and, most of all, Have Fun!
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #13

Thanks for your kind words!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win, congrats

Doesn't matter his age or the level of play, you beat they player they gave you, and now you can say you've won a match in futures qualies

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Way to come back to take the third set. Get a game of Graves and you never know, it might throw him a bit, then next thing you know, you get another. He could get injuried (play a few balls at his feet, test his ankles!), you never know. Be cool to play a guy in the 500s, if you somehow get through. All the best

Last edited by mayumashu : 09-16-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: goofed the grammar
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote