Will Fedal win a slam in 2013? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #76
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Fedal win a slam in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lining View Post
Andy was number #9 back then.

Berdych is 27 (will be in 2 days). When exactly is someday?

He has 2 years tops. I was very impressed at his USO performance this year. He got unlucky with the wind in the SF. No wind and he might have won the SF. Very few players have beaten Federer TWICE at the slams. Nadal, Djokovic, Berdych. Nalbandian but that was long ago.

Ferrer and Tsonga don't appear to be slam winning material.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #77
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

For me it easier to imagine Fed and Nad to share all Majors than losing both everywhere. Cmon, they aren`t that bad even now. And Nadal playing 15% of his level still will beat anyone apart from Nole and maybe Delpo at RG.

I believe we will see one more Fedal Slam final at least.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #78
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
He has 2 years tops. I was very impressed at his USO performance this year. He got unlucky with the wind in the SF. No wind and he might have won the SF. Very few players have beaten Federer TWICE at the slams. Nadal, Djokovic, Berdych. Nalbandian but that was long ago.

Ferrer and Tsonga don't appear to be slam winning material.
He wasn't the favourite despite the positive head to head. And most of his wins against Murray came on clay. The last time they played on hard, in Dubai this year, Murray won in straight sets (without wind). It's hard to predict what might have happened.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #79
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal yes, Fed, no way.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #80
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal has RG, Fed can make one final.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Can't see Del Potro winning a slam outside HC. He may not even win a slam again. This is a tough era. I could see Berdych winning a slam someday. Del Potro again as well. Tsonga? Nah.

Slams are not for everyone these days. Look how long it took Murray. We are not in 2002 anymore, an era where it was easier for the Johansson's of the world to win a slam.
This is not a tough era at all. Del Potro had wrist surgery and upon his comeback has had injury after injury and still there are only a handful of players who can stop him in big tournaments. Del Potro is an extremely talented player, but in a real tough era he'd not have had it so easy to get back to the top after what he's been (and keeps going) through.

The younger top (4) players are all great players, but they're not imposing all around talents like Federer. They excel in today's conditions, but as soon as those change even a bit (ie Madrid) they either boycott, whine or lose early. In no way, shape or form do they feel as unbeatable as Federer once did (and Nadal on clay). Fedal's decine/retirement will open up possibilities for a lot of players as Djokovic (and Murray) will never be able to 'guard' the Slams like Federer and Nadal did.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote