Dramatic Fed/Rafa Aus Open SF montage - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dramatic Fed/Rafa Aus Open SF montage

Stumbled across the ESPN transmission of the Aus Open SF this year and I have to say their pre-match build up is pure gold! Like a dramatic soap opera - worth a laugh for those with a couple of spare minutes -

As funny and dramatic as it is though, hearing that Aus Open 09 speech made me realise how mature Nadal's reaction was given he was only 22 and it was his first hardcourt slam - sweet to say "Rog" would reach the 14 - did well in a language which he was not as comfortable with then as he is now (though still not perfect ). Also reminded me of epic-ness of that match. People talking about yesterday's match being one for the ages must be having a laugh - so many UFEs - a terrible Novak for 2 sets, then a terrible Andy for the next 2 - great drama at the end sure but did not come anywhere near the shotmaking level of that final....
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dramatic Fed/Rafa Aus Open SF montage

Hilarious build up

Agreed.

Too many people jumping on the Murray bandwagon and making last night seem like a classic despite it being utter tripe (srs).

AO 2009 was a classic and one for the ages.

Even this years encounter was a very good match with a lot of highlights.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
country flag Xenosys

Xenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond repute

The match last night definetly wasn't a classic, not by any stretch of the imagination. The UK's media will say-so because their man came out on top. It had it's moments, but there weren't too many occasions when they were both playing at their best simultaneously. Murray just upped his game when he needed to in the 5th, Novak ran out of steam, and started making some silly UE's.

Murray - Djokovic & Djokovic - Rafa this year at the AO were my matches of the year so far.
Xenosys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
country flag DuMa

DuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond repute

brought back memories of the classic AO2009.
DuMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote