Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #1606
country flag yesh222

yesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences. RG/ITWA bans press transcripts

He was probably referring to Nadal, even if he wasn't mentioned explicitly. Did anyone hear Gimelstob's idiotic comment today?
yesh222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #1607
country flag yesh222

yesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Journalism at Press Conferences. RG/ITWA bans press transcripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post

To be fair, the journalist had a point. Sampras won one Slam in 02 and Roger one in 03 so there clearly was a little gap.
Yeah, but Roddick's Slam wasn't in that gap. The gap was two slams long, the AO and the FO (the question might have been appropriate for JCF then ). Rodick won his USO after Fed won his first Slam.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #1608
country flag ssj100

ssj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
This ridiculous journalist was hell bent on winding Andy up in this USO 2012 post 3rd round presser

Q. Considering your talent and your tennis abilities, do you think you've been more lucky because you came at the end of the Sampras and Agassi era when it was easier to sneak inside and be No. 1, or more unlucky because after there was Federer who is probably the best of all times?

ANDY RODDICK: It's a question that's not even worth answering. You're asking me to compare the four greatest players of all time. I mean, no part of my career is unlucky. So, you know, I'm not going to compare generations because I don't think you can do that in sports.

Q. I wasn't comparing generations. There was a hole between Sampras and Agassi and Federer. You snuck inside at that period.

ANDY RODDICK: What year did Pete win his last slam?

Q. '02.

ANDY RODDICK: What year did Roger win his first slam?

Q. 2003.

ANDY RODDICK: So what hole are you talking about? Thanks.

Not sure why people are finding this funny. It's obvious that Sampras was declining and Federer was only starting to peak. That "hole" did exist, even if it was less than 12 months. Roddick made a fool of himself denying this. Poor guy. Hats off to his pride though - he managed to salvage it in his usual way - humour.

6-2, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-0 (and not even finals).
ssj100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #1609
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesh222 View Post
Yeah, but Roddick's Slam wasn't in that gap. The gap was two slams long, the AO and the FO (the question might have been appropriate for JCF then ). Rodick won his USO after Fed won his first Slam.
Sure, but Federer did not start dominating the tour until 2004. I remember the first time I thought Federer was in the top 3 to stay and that was when he demolished Agassi in the WTF late in 2003.

I would say the hole was about 18 months.

Clearly, Roddick has been a bit unlucky with the timing of his career.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #1610
country flag yesh222

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
Sure, but Federer did not start dominating the tour until 2004. I remember the first time I thought Federer was in the top 3 to stay and that was when he demolished Agassi in the WTF late in 2003.

I would say the hole was about 18 months.
I was being tongue-in-cheek anyway. It's an idiotic question on so many levels. Roddick was a top 10 player for over 8 years. He didn't do that in some "18-month hole".
Old 09-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #1611
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesh222 View Post
I was being tongue-in-cheek anyway. It's an idiotic question on so many levels. Roddick was a top 10 player for over 8 years. He didn't do that in some "18-month hole".
The journalist asked Roddick if he felt lucky or unlucky, nothing stupid with that.

Clearly Roddick has been unlucky rather than lucky to only win one Slam considering he was a top 5 player for so long. Of course, Roddick prefers to humiliate journalists rather than to whine and complain and that is ok.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #1612
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I hardly think he was calling Gaudio one of the 4 greatest players of all time.
wow. You suggesting otherwise? Give me one player of the last 20 years who has been better aside from the aforementioned 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #1613
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Q. One of the other big upsets this year was Lukas Rosol beating Nadal at Wimbledon. Do you think there is something in the Czech mentality that sort of makes you guys less afraid of big wins than other countries?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I just hope you're not comparing me with Lukas Rosol. Do you? (Laughter.)

Q. No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying...

TOMAS BERDYCH: You did. You just said that there was a big upset and Rosol will beat Nadal and then you mentioned my match here.

Q. Okay.

TOMAS BERDYCH: Okay, good. So first of all, I don't think that we are in the same position, that it's actually that big upset. But all right, you said that. Well, I don't know what else to say. I mean, is it something wrong that we are from Czech and beating big guys? No? Good. Okay,

Q. It's a good thing.

TOMAS BERDYCH: It's a good thing, yeah. So, yeah, we will try to do it for next time again.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #1614
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Q. One of the other big upsets this year was Lukas Rosol beating Nadal at Wimbledon. Do you think there is something in the Czech mentality that sort of makes you guys less afraid of big wins than other countries?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I just hope you're not comparing me with Lukas Rosol. Do you?
He must have in his mind at that moment.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #1615
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Q. What happens in your life if one of you is born in Camarillo and at the same time another is born in Ventura and you’re actually not twins? Would you still have careers in tennis, do you think?
BOB BRYAN: Who’s our parents? Wayne and Kathy Bryan in Camarillo, or are they in Miami? If you’re my dad I’m probably sweeping streets somewhere.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #1616
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #1617
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

What a dumb question, I don't believe it... Guy had it coming.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #1618
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Q. Not too many WTA players are named Sam. Can you take a moment and say like what the upside of having a name like that is, is there any downside, or give us on a rainy day a good story about your name.

SAMANTHA STOSUR: No, there is no downside. I'm happy ‑‑ I guess over the course of my life, my career, Samantha got shortened to Sam. The one person that always called me Samantha was my grandfather. It's good. You certainly don't get confused in the locker room. You hear your name and you know it's about you. It's fine.

Q. So is your grandfather a traditionalist and not happy for it to be shortened?

SAMANTHA STOSUR: Yeah, I guess he was. My mom and dad only called me Samantha when I was little and did something naughty, so I didn't hear it too often, I don't think. I guess it's one of those names that is not as common.

Q. Lindsay Davenport, when she returned after winning the US Open, she said as she flew over the stadium coming into the New York, her whole body began to tingle. How many times have you been to New York since winning here last year?

SAMANTHA STOSUR: (Shakes head.)

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #1619
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

They REALLY asked her about her NAME?

It was really nice of her to give a genuine answer. I would've been like, "What the fuck? Next."
Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #1620
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Q. You just said “relief.” Is there a moment where you thought, “exultation” too?

ANDY MURRAY: I don’t know what that means.

Q. Thrilled, you know, excitement.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote