Ferrer Video o DVD matches - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #211
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer Video o DVD matches

Well... I'll try to give you a translation, but it's a bit rough, because I don't understand everything... Anyone with better Spanish skills, please feel free to correct me or add details!

Obviously they're asking him questions about his little habits / obsessions, because he starts all his answers with "la mania que tengo"... So I assume they're asking him about his habits in different situations.

At the beginning, he says that when he travels on an airplane, he likes to read magazines, or just sleep, because there are many hours of flight and you cannot do much anyway (I think he says that it's a bit like an anaesthetic - not 100% sure about this, but it sounded like that )

When he arrives at a destination, he just tries to get his suitcase as quickly as possible, and to get to the hotel as soon as possible in order to settle down and get used to the place.

Before a match... (and here I'm absolutely not sure that this is what he says... I understand "lucha" which means struggle, so maybe, he intends to always fight as he did the first day? don't know)
He warms up, prepares his rackets, talks to his coach a little. It's always the same.

He says he's not very religious, and he only counts on himself to struggle and win.

When he goes home, he always goes to visit his parents first, his family, his brother, his nephews, then he sees his friends (friends from his childhood...). His family is what he misses the most.

At home, they always have dinner together (I guess he means the whole family) because they like to share these moments.
Paella is his favourite dish, because it's a tradition in Valencia, it's his homeland, he loves paella.

I'm not sure what he says about Federer, but he mentions that he played against him 12 times and has never been able to beat him.
He talks about Rafa's obsessions, which he says pretty much everyone knows about (the lines, the bottles are always straight, the rackets always at the right angle, etc)... Tennis players in general have a lot of habits/obsessions.

He says his own little habit during matches is to change very often (changing his clothes, I assume), he never feels perfectly comfortable at first, there's always something that he needs to change.

And that's it
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #212
country flag evjenia

evjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer! By the way, do you know there are usually all the spanish press conferences of him on spanish eurosport page? For example this http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/...cio-clave.html But don`t worry, won``t ask you to translate, that would be too much.
Anyway, good luck to Ferru today, although I am scared of a helpless lost, like to Nadal on RG((
evjenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #213
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I didn't know, thank you so much for the information! I was disappointed that everytime I found a video, they would stop before the questions in Spanish. I understand English better, but he has a lot more to say in Spanish...

I can translate some stuff if you want, I'm not very good, but I understand the most important stuff. It's the least I can do to thank you for those great videos ^^
Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #214
country flag evjenia

evjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond reputeevjenia has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I`d want that, but only when you have time, there is no pressure at all, I can wait weeks you know!
I am happy that I found this forum recently, cause I couldn`t find much about him in the net. Strange that he isn`t considered as a sex symbol like Verdasco or Lopez, I find him much hotter than them. To tell the truth I became a bit obsessed by him, have 200 his photos in my comp lol
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #215
country flag Sophitia36

I know, I'm going through the same process Strange that he's been my fave for years but it's only now that I'm really discovering how cool he is. I think it's due to the fact that I'm only realizing now that it has become possible to watch virtually every tournament in the season (before, it was mostly TV, and that meant, the French Open and then almost nothing).

I also think he's far more attractive than Verdasco or Lopez, mainly because I don't like "playboys" who seem to be a little too aware of their sex appeal. Part of Ferru's appeal is that he doesn't seem to care. He's confident enough, but he's not vain, and he's not trying to be sexy.
And for some reason, I always find that people who are "unintentionally" sexy are far sexier than the ones who are consciously trying to be

Also, for me, it works in that way: I admire someone, I discover stuff that I like about his personality, then maybe I also find the person attractive. And then these factors just interact with each other and reinforce each other
When I first noticed Ferru I did find him quite attractive. But nothing to shout about. And then, I began to really love his attitude, and I discovered his off-court personality and how different it is, I discovered that he was actually a very sweet, clever, classy guy, and so on and so forth. His attractiveness is also far more obvious off-court, and his attitude is very charming and endearing...

I might try and translate some of those press conferences, maybe just a summary, when I have time. It's always good for me to listen to Spanish.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #216
country flag Sophitia36

I have questions, or rather, "requests" (I don't like the word much lol):

I always find Ferru's rare bursts of anger very funny... Now, I know the usual "lob towards a baby" video and the unfortunate row with the female umpire...

But there are two "incidents" I have heard about, and have never seen: the time when he stopped a clock, and the time when he got mad at his coach and told him to leave
Does anyone have a link to a video of these by any chance?
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #217
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I have questions, or rather, "requests" (I don't like the word much lol):

I always find Ferru's rare bursts of anger very funny... Now, I know the usual "lob towards a baby" video and the unfortunate row with the female umpire...

But there are two "incidents" I have heard about, and have never seen: the time when he stopped a clock, and the time when he got mad at his coach and told him to leave
Does anyone have a link to a video of these by any chance?
I always play that tantrum in my head when I've played a bad point myself, instantly makes me a lot calmer

Unfortunately I don't know about the incidents you're mentioning. But, since I always aim to please, here are two other videos:

That second one is really cool since it really gives you a great sense of how hard and accurate he hits the ball, way better point of view than matches on tv.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #218
country flag Sophitia36

Thank you! I knew the one in which he missed the ball, very funny one (if you don't know it yet, check out the one in which Nadal strikes David with a ball during warm-up )

Unfortunately, I'm afraid there is no video footage of the incidents I was talking about. I wish there were, though
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #219
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by evjenia View Post
Thank you very much for such a detailed answer! By the way, do you know there are usually all the spanish press conferences of him on spanish eurosport page? For example this http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/...cio-clave.html But don`t worry, won``t ask you to translate, that would be too much.
Anyway, good luck to Ferru today, although I am scared of a helpless lost, like to Nadal on RG((
Ok, I feel like having me a little bit of Ferru translation (As usual, I'm warning you that I'm never 100% sure of my Spanish translations... Also I can barely hear the questions so I have to do a little guesswork)

(It starts in the middle of an answer)
In the 5th set, when he had break points and he couldn't convert them, it was difficult because Tipsarevic was serving very well, but the match had a lot of moments of tensions, he knew that physically it was difficult and Tipsarevic would be tired too. So in the end he managed to seize the opportunities and he kept believing in himself.

I think the woman asks him if he likes to play close matches like this.
He says it's OK, he enjoys it, he enjoys playing very emotional matches. He remembers once he played a very close match against Verdasco, and that time he had lost 7-6 in the 5th set and he was very sad, but this time, it ended differently.

Then I assume the guy is asking him about when he got mad at the umpire at the end.
He says that, well, he made a mistake and it was his fault, because there was so much tension, he thought that Janko had asked for a challenge and he got angry. These are moments with a lot of tension, 4h30 hours, a tie-break, so on...

Then the guy asks if he'd better play against Del Potro or Djokovic.
He says they're just both so good, both of them, it doesn't matter much, whenever they're playing well it's extremely difficult to beat them. After such a long and difficult match, he's so tired, he probably won't even watch the match, he'll just be wanting to be with his team.

The guy asks if he thinks he can still stay in the shadows now.
He says he doesn't care, he just enjoys himself, being with his team, etc.

The guy asks something about Rafa (maybe quoting David as saying that "Rafa deserved to win everything he's won", I think)
He says he's very happy with his own career, and he thinks tennis is one of the fairest sports: those who are in final are getting what they have worked for, what they deserve.
And Rafa has brought a lot to Spanish tennis, he's an example to follow.(I think he says that without him he would not have achieved everything he has achieved in his career)

Then I absolutely cannot hear the question, seems to have to do with Rafa again, probably the fact that he's not there.
Ferru says he doesn't care, and I think he says he would have liked him to be here and maybe they would have both been in SF (?)
And he says he just works hard to do the best he can (meaning he does not really care about the Rafa comparison)

A guy asks which was the most difficult moment of the match.
He says it was in the 5th set when he was getting break points, but was failing to break, Tipsarevic was serving very well, it was a difficult moment.

A guy asks him about the change in the calendar, that moved the South American tournaments to December.
I think he says personally he doesn't like it, he thinks when you have done your season, you want to rest. He says if this is done then he will probably have to miss the South American tournaments, and he doesn't want to do that because he likes those tournaments, he does well there, and has friends there, etc... But he says if he has to play again in November, he won't be able to play at 100% of his abilities. He says it's bad for the tournament and for everyone.

A guy asks how the decisions are taken, if there was a vote.
He says that he didn't vote, he only told the ATP about his opinion. If they decide to make the change, he'll respect it, but he's got his own opinion on this.

A woman asks about Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez who had to retire because of an injury (I assume she's thinking of the Davis Cup double).
He says he left them a message, it's still very premature to say anything. He hopes Marc Lopez recovers quickly, because he's the best doubles player they have with Granollers, but otherwise there are some very good players they can count on.

An Italian woman asks if it's OK to ask a question in Italian, he says it's OK he understands. She asks what he thinks of Sara Errani, his friend, being in SF and having a great year.
He says he thinks she's a great player, she's very good, maybe people underestimate her because she's small, "piccola", she's got spectacular control in her game, he thinks she's obviously a top ten player, and he's not surprised of seeing her in the SF in Paris and QF in Australia, because she's good. He says her match against Serena will be very hard, because Serena is very strong, but he wishes her luck, he's very happy for her, and as a person she's one of the best.

That's all folks!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #220
country flag evjenia

Sophitia, thank you very much for the translation! To me this match with Tipsarevic also reminded a bit this match against Verdasco. Happily, this time he won. Can`t imagine how it feels like - to loose such sort of a battle! That`s why I could never be a professional tennis player I guess.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #221
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am taking the liberty of re-posting here, in the video thread, this amazing video that Evjenia posted in the pics thread...

Because... damn... In the case any of you hasn't seen it before, you must. It's without a doubt the most gorgeous interview of David that I have ever seen.

I'm sorry but I think it is literally impossible not to get in fan-girl mode while watching this

http://vimeo.com/41787561
Oh. My. Lord. The Eyes, the smile, the voice, the rumpled Sunday morning look... *faints* Many thx for posting this Sophita
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #222
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evjenia View Post
Strange that he isn`t considered as a sex symbol like Verdasco or Lopez, I find him much hotter than them. To tell the truth I became a bit obsessed by him, have 200 his photos in my comp lol
Ha, ha: I've pictures of him on my fridge door.... brightens up the kitchen and keeps hubby away from fridge raids Agree with the restrained hotness bit as well!
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #223
country flag Sophitia36

http://www.7msport.com/video/20120912/1989.shtml

Did you see this one?

"The couple of Bryan"

Well done Ferru, that's another example of a very creative use of bad English. If only my students could be half as creative as that in their mistakes, correcting papers would be such a pleasure
Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #224
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.7msport.com/video/20120912/1989.shtml

Did you see this one?

"The couple of Bryan"

Well done Ferru, that's another example of a very creative use of bad English. If only my students could be half as creative as that in their mistakes, correcting papers would be such a pleasure
thanks so much. I loved this video. this is gonna be a tough semi-final for sure. I mean as much as I love team Spain, I love the U.S. guys too.
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #225
country flag pinkkiwi72

pinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond reputepinkkiwi72 has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup Sept. 2012 Spain: videos in spanish - from RTVE news:

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/t...30912/1527011/

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20120913...s/563079.shtml
pinkkiwi72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote