German davis cup selection - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default German davis cup selection

the selection of the german davis cup team really seems like such an idiotic line up to me

they have florian mayer, cedrik marcel stebe, philip petzschner and benjamin becker

kuhnen picked 2 of the most out of form germans of the year in mayer and stebe. and picasso on clay is not a great option

kohli was left off the team as puinishment for not playing the olympics and yet florian mayer does get selected. Also left christopher kas out of the line up even though, after picasso he's probably the best doubles player they have

whayt do you think abouyt these choices? was kuhnen right to leave kohli off the squad?

im not sure why tommy wasnt selected..or if he was even eligable but if he was then leaving haas off the squad seems idiotic as well
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: German davis cup selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
the selection of the german davis cup team really seems like such an idiotic line up to me

they have florian mayer, cedrik marcel stebe, philip petzschner and benjamin becker

kuhnen picked 2 of the most out of form germans of the year in mayer and stebe. and picasso on clay is not a great option

kohli was left off the team as puinishment for not playing the olympics and yet florian mayer does get selected. Also left christopher kas out of the line up even though, after picasso he's probably the best doubles player they have

whayt do you think abouyt these choices? was kuhnen right to leave kohli off the squad?

im not sure why tommy wasnt selected..or if he was even eligable but if he was then leaving haas off the squad seems idiotic as well
Are you serious?!
It would be really funny if some of the lineup wasn't able to play for some reason, and they ended up having to resort to players out of the top 150. Would serve them right for not using Kohli or Haas.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

How did you know the others did not opt out.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Haas will not play because of "personal reasons".

Kohlschreiber is not selected because there are "problems" between him and Kühnen. I don't know what exactly.

From German Eurosport.

And:
www.spiegel.de
"Eigentlich sollte der Streit beigelegt sein, doch jetzt ist er eskaliert. Teamchef Patrik Kühnen verzichtet im Davis-Cup-Relegationsduell gegen Australien auf Philipp Kohlschreiber. Die deutsche Nummer eins und der Kapitän zoffen sich schon seit Monaten."

Kühnen and Kohli have problems with each other.

Kohlschreiber and Haas are not talking with each other!

"Seitdem ist die Stimmung im Team vergiftet: Kohlschreiber und Haas reden nicht mehr miteinander ("Wir gehen uns aus dem Weg", so Kohlschreiber); Kühnen wurde vor dem World Team Cup in Düsseldorf im Mai von Kohlschreiber und den weiteren deutschen Profis als Kapitän abgesetzt. Eigentlich war es Tradition, dass der Davis-Cup-Teamchef auch die deutsche Mannschaft bei der WM betreut. Das Regelwerk erlaubte die Absetzung von Kühnen."
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012 & Montpellier 2013
[TT]: -

Last edited by RNW : 09-05-2012 at 12:43 AM.
RNW is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

They're playing Australia on clay... with a captain who has issues with his #1 player. So it sounds about right.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

What a team

And also what's happen, Kas
He and Petzschner are good doubles team but he isn't nominated? Such a shame

Becker isn't also good choice on clay and he has miserable record at DC (0-4)
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #7
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

retired boris becker is a better choice than anyone they have at the moment

man was a machine in davis cup
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #8
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Epic collection of mugs. They could replace them with the women and achieve better results
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
country flag blanky987

blanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond reputeblanky987 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.kicker.de/news/tennis/sta...iber-raus.html

According to Kühnen he talked to Kohli recently and thought the differences were more or less sorted out. Kohlschreiber then had that interview in which he e.g openly questioned the team spirit of the german Davis Cup team. That pissed Kühnen off and he requested another talk with the player during an off day. Philipp just referred him to his manager at that request though, which again didn't sit too well with the captain.

Regarding Haas the article only states that he is missing due to personal reasons. Other places rumour that Haas is still angry about not even being suggested for a wild card for the olympic tennis event though.
blanky987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Kohli should defect to the Swiss team. He already lives there anyways.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, I was surprised about Kohli.

The Russian team's situation is even worse : with Youzhny and Davydenko not playing in Brasil on clay, there's a big chance that Russia goes out of Davis cup world group, which would be a huge breakdown.

Andreev, Bogo, Kuznetsov and Donskoy will try to save them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Kohli should defect to the Swiss team. He already lives there anyways.
So do Tsonga, Monfils, Gasquet, even Simon I think
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
So do Tsonga, Monfils, Gasquet, even Simon I think
No surprise. Will be entirely for tax purposes.

Out of the four who were picked, surely it has to be Stebe and Mayer?

20/2012 ATP Rome (ITA) Clay Ivo Karlovic Philipp Petzschner 6-0 7-6(3)
19/2012 ATP Madrid (ESP) Clay Daniel Munoz-De La Nava Philipp Petzschner 6-3 6-2
18/2012 ATP Munich (GER) Clay Mikhail Youzhny Philipp Petzschner 7-5 7-5
6/2012 ATP Davis Cup, GER-ARG, 1-4 (GER) Clay Juan Monaco Philipp Petzschner 6-3 6-3 6-3

Those are Petzschner's clay court matches this year and Becker is a joke on clay too.

The issue isn't who he has selected out of those four, it's the fact that both Haas, Kohli and Kas aren't involved.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Thanks for the info, I was surprised about Kohli.

The Russian team's situation is even worse : with Youzhny and Davydenko not playing in Brasil on clay, there's a big chance that Russia goes out of Davis cup world group, which would be a huge breakdown.

Andreev, Bogo, Kuznetsov and Donskoy will try to save them.
Andreev is good on clay but he is out form now. Bogo is also useless this year and he is walking bye on there.
I don't know about Kuznetsov and Donskoy. They are young and less experience at kind of big matches.
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriri*** View Post
Andreev is good on clay but he is out form now. Bogo is also useless this year and he is walking bye on there.
I don't know about Kuznetsov and Donskoy. They are young and less experience at kind of big matches.
Could google it and pretend to know, but off the top of my head they'd be facing Bellucci, Ricardo Mello/J Souza and Bruno Soare and Melo as the doubles team?

Could argue they'd almost be better off playing Mello and having the match on a hard court (obviously they won't and can't) as I can't see Bellucci losing to any of the Russian's on a hard court.

As long as he has his brain in gear he should win both his singles matches and I can't see a Soare and Melo combination losing...so Russia would disappear.

Wow.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriri*** View Post
Andreev was better in last weeks.
Donskoy and Kuznetsov are improving, especially on clay.

All those guys can possibly defeat Dutra Da Silva (who is actually the second singles player that Brasil chose), but considering that the Brasilian double Melo-Soares is good, Russians will need one player to defeat Bellucci, and I can only see Andreev as able of that. Considering that he improved in recent weeks, I think it's possible.

Last edited by duong : 09-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote