US Open R3 : Ferrer def. Hewitt 7-6 (9) 4-6 6-3 6-0 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #61
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

First set tiebreak
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #62
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open R3 : Ferrer def. Hewitt 7-6 (9) 4-6 6-3 6-0

Good lord, that first set was close. Ferrer played exceptionally shitty in the first set and second, and I was sleeping for the rest of the match.

Anyway love Hewitt but Ferrer was always going to outlast him in the end

You are a stage-one thinker if:
  • You believe that Nadull is the GOAT
  • You use H2H in determining one player is superior to another
  • You believe the "Weak Era" argument
  • You believe that Nadull wasn't extraordinarily lucky in his career
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #63
country flag Tyson0712
Banned!

Tyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke007 View Post
The vulture keeps racking up slam results
Yes indeed, he will make the quarters and all of Vulturrers fans will proclaim he gets the results in the slams even though they only come when he gets his ridiculous draws. Watch him insult the number 5 ranking even more when Djokovic makes mince out of him in 3 sets. I have little faith in Gasquet, hope he proves me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Lleyton just too banged up to win matches like this anymore
Ferrer specializes in beating players who are injured or inexperienced or are old and 'washed up' as you put it. It's negative tennis helps him beat players with the weaknesses i described and adds more to his status as king of the vultures. He is the ultimate scavenger really when you think about it. An old Hewitt who has faced many surgeries and now struggles in conditions that bring out his beaten body is Ferrer's favorite opponent.

Also Ferrer was leading 4-1 in the first set. He isn't the mental warhorse you all think he is.
Tyson0712 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #64
country flag Tyson0712
Banned!

Tyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond repute

At Hewitt's age i doubt he was up for another one of Ferrer's classic fitness tests. That's what it is after all when playing Ferrer, a fitness test and not a tennis match. There is no chess like play involved or variety to bring opponents off rhythm its a grind fest with the winner decided who can last the longest running around and hitting the balls back with no ambition. Basically the brain has no place in Ferrer matches, its all in the legs. Tennis wasn't supposed to be played like this, its a gentleman's sport and not for the working man That's why this pisses me off it should be groomed for the working man where endurance treating and ball machines take preference over talent and tennis. Basically your stamina becomes more important than the tennis itself. Ferrer exemplifies that mindset, watching this match was hard because Hewitt should have exposed Ferrer's glaring tennis. Don't grind withe the guy, don't be afraid to mix things up and play tennis.

Hewitt's serve has also gone to the dogs - Ferrer was all over it and when that happens the pushing commences. It saddens me because back in the day Hewitt would never have let a guy like Ferrer beat him, the grunt and the pushing, Hewitt would never lose to that. Hewitt may be a fighter but he's now turned to complete tripe on the big points
Tyson0712 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #65
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Ferrer shows Hewitt who the real best retriever of all time is.
Prime Hewitt >>>> Ferrer

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #66
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson0712 View Post
At Hewitt's age i doubt he was up for another one of Ferrer's classic fitness tests. That's what it is after all when playing Ferrer, a fitness test and not a tennis match. There is no chess like play involved or variety to bring opponents off rhythm its a grind fest with the winner decided who can last the longest running around and hitting the balls back with no ambition. Basically the brain has no place in Ferrer matches, its all in the legs. Tennis wasn't supposed to be played like this, its a gentleman's sport and not for the working man That's why this pisses me off it should be groomed for the working man where endurance treating and ball machines take preference over talent and tennis. Basically your stamina becomes more important than the tennis itself. Ferrer exemplifies that mindset, watching this match was hard because Hewitt should have exposed Ferrer's glaring tennis. Don't grind withe the guy, don't be afraid to mix things up and play tennis.

Hewitt's serve has also gone to the dogs - Ferrer was all over it and when that happens the pushing commences. It saddens me because back in the day Hewitt would never have let a guy like Ferrer beat him, the grunt and the pushing, Hewitt would never lose to that. Hewitt may be a fighter but he's now turned to complete tripe on the big points
Hewitt needs to get a life and just move on. The only real question is why cant he do that.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #67
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post
I have never read a post of yours and then thought "nick the greek knows tennis."

+1
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #68
country flag sylacauga

sylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond reputesylacauga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It took you 9 hours after the match was completed to compose this tired diatribe. The dog in your avatar could have come up with more a more convincing argument in that time. In case you haven't heard, tennis is a sport. Sports requires professional athletes to have supreme fitness in order to perform at the highest levels. By training hard to have the best fitness possible, it means that Ferrer is a professional who takes his job seriously.

Talent can only get athletes so far in any sport. It is the dedication & sacrifice that comes with extensive training, good nutrition, and smart lifestyle choices, in addition to talent, that allows athletes to reach the top levels of their field. The tour has plenty of players who are just as fit as Ferrer. Why has he reached number 5 in the world while the rest haven't? Could it be that he has some talent in addition to his remarkable fitness?

In my mind, a gentleman is someone who respects hard work and discipline in others rather than deriding it. So you speaking as to what constitutes a "gentleman's sport" is just laughable.
sylacauga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #69
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

SF: Djokovic d. Ferrer 6/4 6/4 6/2 2h15'
Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes indeed, he will make the quarters and all of Vulturrers fans will proclaim he gets the results in the slams even though they only come when he gets his ridiculous draws. Watch him insult the number 5 ranking even more when Djokovic makes mince out of him in 3 sets. I have little faith in Gasquet, hope he proves me wrong.

Ferrer specializes in beating players who are injured or inexperienced or are old and 'washed up' as you put it. It's negative tennis helps him beat players with the weaknesses i described and adds more to his status as king of the vultures. He is the ultimate scavenger really when you think about it. An old Hewitt who has faced many surgeries and now struggles in conditions that bring out his beaten body is Ferrer's favorite opponent.

Also Ferrer was leading 4-1 in the first set. He isn't the mental warhorse you all think he is.
THAT MUST BE IT!!
So the term vulturing must be referring to how David flies into the draw ceremony and plucks out the easiest draw possible for himself before the officials can do anything! It's such a perfect plan! Now that must be why he's ranked #5. It's because he has direct control over his slam draws
And his specializing in beating old players. Obviously under his control as well. Somebody should do something about this monopoly that David has over all the draws in his tournaments.

And of course Hewitt is such a mental giant as well, is he not? He was leading 6-3 in the first set tiebreak before deciding that he felt bad for taking that 4-1 lead from Ferrer. Oh wait. I'm sorry, I believe the lead was only 3-1. David never had a two break lead in the first set and Hewitt served first so a 4-1 lead never happened. But yea, choking when you have a 6-3 lead in a tiebreak and another chance to serve it out at 8-7 is REAL mental toughness.

Tyson, maybe you should start the washed up players coalition since you've been here less than 3 months and you already seem like a washed up tennis fan and poster

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #71
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dude, what the hell are you smoking/snorting???

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #72
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit guys, stop replying to them

You are a stage-one thinker if:
  • You believe that Nadull is the GOAT
  • You use H2H in determining one player is superior to another
  • You believe the "Weak Era" argument
  • You believe that Nadull wasn't extraordinarily lucky in his career
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #73
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing to think that these guys are roughly the same age, but have played their best tennis nearly a decade apart!

Hewitt's still got it, but Ferrer's got too much fire in him right now, despite his form. Give Lleuton a few more months, and he'll be really dangerous.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #74
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Love the fact that Ferrer gets giving crap despite winning. Incredible stuff.

He's a model pro that everyone else should aim to be like. Has done the absolute best that he can with the talents he had.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote