Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 138 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #2056
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. we all want Rafa back, even the haters :angel:

The English translation of Rafa's press release is not of the best quality I must say. I corrected a few but that's all I'm gonna do.
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #2057
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Now that's classic deflection. Rather than arguing the issue at hand, you simply attack on another topic entirely.
Actually if you bothered to read that thread. There is no argument the laws in Norway are very clear when it comes to maximum sentencing and cases where it can be extended. That was addressed in the thread and doesn't need a clown to start throwing xenophobic comments that Norway should learn from Sweden, when they have their own problems.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #2058
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
The English translation of Rafa's press release is not of the best quality I must say. I corrected a few but that's all I'm gonna do.
He should just shut it down for the year, recover and then start 2013 strongly. Though only he knows when he will be ready to come back.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #2059
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
I don't support capital punishment, but if I were Norwegian, I might want the laws changed to include longer time periods. But the law was followed, from what little I know, and that's the important thing. Hopefully he'll never get out. I expect he'd face a lot of problems from other prisoners as well.
You're not Norwegian. No need to change the laws when they are provisos available to keep parasites like this in prison for periods above 21 years. It works well for the society, they actually handled it very well. Not much hooplah, got on with it what they needed to and the verdict was delivered.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #2060
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

AJ! How's life?

Yes I think they handled the Breivik case well so really no need for anyone to whine IMO.
This Rafa's patella tear now and so on... doesn't sound good, and most probably he won't come back for the indoor tournaments. Let's see how his knees and form will be next year.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #2061
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

No point for him to come back too soon. He has enough money, he can rest up for as long as he needs.

World Cup qualies starting in Europe this weekend so not too bad.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #2062
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I read an article on the robbery a couple of days ago and laughed. Here we've been talking about r a p e s and grisly murders in other countries and what do we get from Canada's crime files? A maple syrup robbery. (Obviously we have murders and other terrible crimes too, but I found the contrast amusing and quite Canadian.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
It's been quite a long time since JM got banned.

10 days he received, mod bashing.
JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
But here, take a look at this. The school starts in Latvia today
Cute. Our kids start tomorrow. Today is Labour Day. School goes until the end of June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
You're not Norwegian.
No kidding. I said that.

Quote:
No need to change the laws when they are provisos available to keep parasites like this in prison for periods above 21 years. It works well for the society, they actually handled it very well. Not much hooplah, got on with it what they needed to and the verdict was delivered.
You are welcome to your opinion. I am free to share mine. Just because something has worked well doesn't mean it cannot be improved. I am a citizen of a country without the death penalty and am glad I am. I still think improvements in our court system could be made. I acknowledged that Norwegian law was followed and that that was the important thing. As for the "hooplah," I never said anything about that. Are you kidding? I'm Canadian. We don't do hooplah. I would expect Norway's or any other country's court system to proceed with as little hooplah as possible. The media might be another story.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #2063
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
You are welcome to your opinion. I am free to share mine. Just because something has worked well doesn't mean it cannot be improved. I am a citizen of a country without the death penalty and am glad I am. I still think improvements in our court system could be made. I acknowledged that Norwegian law was followed and that that was the important thing. As for the "hooplah," I never said anything about that. Are you kidding? I'm Canadian. We don't do hooplah. I would expect Norway's or any other country's court system to proceed with as little hooplah as possible. The media might be another story.
Yes, no hooplah well every time Canada win a major ice hockey tournament there is no reaction Yes, that's Canadian system you think needs improving, something you have a much better knowledge about than I do.

Norwegians are happy with their lawmakers for the most part when it comes to maximum sentencing if they weren't, then it would be addressed. There really isn't anything to discuss, there is maximum sentence and there are provisos to extend it in special cases. The media went overboard initially then they had options where people were able to get away from it.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #2064
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, no hooplah well every time Canada win a major ice hockey tournament there is no reaction Yes, that's Canadian system you think needs improving, something you have a much better knowledge about than I do.

Norwegians are happy with their lawmakers for the most part when it comes to maximum sentencing if they weren't, then it would be addressed. There really isn't anything to discuss, there is maximum sentence and there are provisos to extend it in special cases. The media went overboard initially then they had options where people were able to get away from it.
I think there could be improvements in the American court systems and those in other countries. One is not limited to one's country of citizenship when offering an at least somewhat informed opinion of world events or systems. I don't deny that your knowledge of Norwegian court systems is more informed than mine.

"For the most part" - your words. Therefore, there are people in Norway who would change things if they could. Of course there are. No country has unanimous opinions on things. I never said the law didn't work. I said perhaps improvements could be made. I stick by that.

I agree with you about the role of the media. As an example, there are still some Americans who believe that some Sept. 11 terrorists entered the US through Canada. At least one American politician said this long afterwards. This is not the case; all hijackers entered North America through the US. The media is a whole different problem.

As for sports, which is not quite the same, before the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, the Prime Minister had to publicly ask Canadians to show patriotism and not be so reserved.

"There really isn't anything to discuss" - also your words. I agree with them. I have better things to do with my holiday than debate something with someone who, like me in this case, isn't willing to concede or change his/her opinion.

Have a good day.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #2065
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad Rafa is at least getting better
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #2066
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Mel
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #2067
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

what am i going to watch until next year?

I tried to watch murray-LaLo( go figure, two players that i usually enjoy watching for various reasons ) but i couldnt. Only Ferru-Rusty could keep my attention a little longer
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #2068
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
what am i going to watch until next year?

I tried to watch murray-LaLo( go figure, two players that i usually enjoy watching for various reasons ) but i couldnt. Only Ferru-Rusty could keep my attention a little longer
your Shara is still in
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #2069
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually if you bothered to read that thread. There is no argument the laws in Norway are very clear when it comes to maximum sentencing and cases where it can be extended. That was addressed in the thread and doesn't need a clown to start throwing xenophobic comments that Norway should learn from Sweden, when they have their own problems.
Every country has it's own problems. Norway has it's own problems too.

People feel free to take a swing at all sorts of countries regardless of the problems their own countries might have. You've done it yourself.

It's hilarious that you're so thin skinned about Norway being criticized.

oh, and although I never thought I'd support JM in any way.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #2070
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

star, the Swede, hates Norway

thats like Scotland-England
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread