Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #31
country flag Frank Winkler

Frank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

he is crashing, since he crashed his car.
I think he wants to drive away from his father as his guardian of everything.
They are right. Right now he no good.
I would not have him on my team until he straightens out.
He needs to figure out exactly how he wants to live his life. Until then your are lucky to get 50% of what he is capable of, and often much less.
Frank Winkler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #32
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
I think this is the truth.

It's more hurting to see a very talented person squander their talent by having all the wrong attitude.
Publicly humiliating a guy about his poor attitude rarely helps the situation. Australia was embarrassed it's what's happening. An no disagreement on my part piss poor attitude he showed.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #33
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I'm defending this brat but I don't like Rafter and Masur getting on him so publicly. I get the feeling that the garbage Tomic spewed is him covering up the simple fact that he was on the big stage and froze. He can't admit he froze because we've seen him perform at main courts at other majors but that's what he did.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #34
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncreek View Post
I can't believe I'm defending this brat but I don't like Rafter and Masur getting on him so publicly. I get the feeling that the garbage Tomic spewed is him covering up the simple fact that he was on the big stage and froze. He can't admit he froze because we've seen him perform at main courts at other majors but that's what he did.
That's been my point. They are suppose to be the adults here. Didn't help anything. As someone said earlier, you handle this thing behind closed doors.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #35
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond reputeKooyong has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a case of Tennis Australia and the Aussie media having hyped Tomic up to the point that when he disappoints then they have to find fault.

Andy Roddick is doing what we have seen previously when a big name player reaches the end of their career they have one last big run.

I agree that Tomic should be disappointed with the third set but full credit has to go to Roddick for taking Tomic still developing game apart.

Come January the Aussie media will be all about how good Tomic is and how he is a big contender for the title.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #36
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
I think this is a case of Tennis Australia and the Aussie media having hyped Tomic up to the point that when he disappoints then they have to find fault.

Andy Roddock is doing what we have seen previously when a big name player reaches the end of their career they have one last big run.

I agree that Tomic should be disappointed with the third set but full credit has to go to Roddock for taking Tomic still developing game apart.

Come January the Aussie media will be all about how good Tomic is and how he is a big contender for the title.
To that i will add ( and trust me i'm not defending the guy), it was a tough situation to be in for any player with the retirement announcement, home crowd etc. You can see you're not a top player with a lot of experience where it would be a tough situation. Could have handled it better no doubt, but you gotta cut the kid some slack. Instead of bashing him in the press, probably should have rang the guy up and let him know what he was in for BEFORE the fact.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #37
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

The work ethic of Tomic must be one of the worst of a Top 100 players, maybe only rivaled by Gulbis'. It is beyond me how little Tomic seems to care despite of the great talent he possesses. The Ozzie Davis Cup team is better off without him!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #38
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Tomug
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #39
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

It might not be the mediocre results he has had so far. More like something to do with work ethics... or attitude.

And that journalist is probably right. Tomic sends the wrong message with his relaxed, everything is good demeanor.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #40
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

If it gives him a kick up the arse he needs they should do it. Australia needs quality players, and if it works, then good.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #41
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic doesn't deserve his place on the tour IMO. He is an awful image for the sport: terrible, punk attitude with little, to no respect for his peers. And tennis that really speaks volumes of putting in a shit effort. The fact that our own Aussies are slamming him says alot. Any punishment that is laid on him, he deserves it.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #42
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Tomic doesn't deserve his place on the tour IMO. He is an awful image for the sport: terrible, punk attitude with little, to no respect for his peers. And tennis that really speaks volumes of putting in a shit effort. The fact that our own Aussies are slamming him says alot. Any punishment that is laid on him, he deserves it.
Let's not get carried away. It's not really up to anyone to decide if he deserves to compete or not. If we went down that road you could easily kick out half the players. Get's his ranking makes the main draw, that all that matters in that regard. He nor any player is in a popularity contest to decide if he should be allowed in or not.

That said, it's very clear Aussies were embarrassed by him on the world stage and hence the anger. You really shouldn't worry so much about that. No one outside Australia even knows the kid anyway.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #43
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
The work ethic of Tomic must be one of the worst of a Top 100 players, maybe only rivaled by Gulbis'. It is beyond me how little Tomic seems to care despite of the great talent he possesses. The Ozzie Davis Cup team is better off without him!
hilarious to read this from a dimitrov tard.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #44
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
no, the fact that you "own Aussies" are slamming him speaks bad of australia in general
Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #45
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
At least with Hewitt you always knew he was giving it his all. At least with Hewitt, his effort was never in question.

Tomic just doesn't give a shit, and it's sickening, really. I was rooting for Roddick the other day, but even I was pissed with Tomic's total indifference.
different strokes to different folks. hewitt's racism for example used to upset me much more than any lack of effort in a match but i can understand how white australians in particular and most of MTF might think differently.

that said, i doubt tomic is the first player to tank or to give a poor effort in a set (third set in tomic's case in the match you cite). it just happens that some conceal their tanks better than others.