Will Federer regain the #1 spot? - Page 82 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 200 55.56%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.44%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #1216
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

One of a kind this Federer.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #1217
country flag Jamoz

Jamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Roger, what did you do?!
Jamoz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #1218
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
\

Me neither.
Most of us were surprised he achived it even if you are Fed fan. But he did it and now the record is his. Looking back it was clearly his plan to take it back. He made very strategic decisions ( and played well) to get the the number one back to break the record.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #1219
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
Most of us were surprised he achived it even if you are Fed fan. But he did it and now the record is his. Looking back it was clearly his plan to take it back. He made very strategic decisions ( and played well) to get the the number one back to break the record.
Yep. An underrated part of what makes Fed so great is his superb planning/scheduling - adequate rest - lack of injuries - longevity. Halle finals loss insignificant - surprising Cincy win gives him a cushion. Thought Courier's convo was revealing in the philosophy he takes - always thinking in the long term allowed him to pass up what I'm sure was very lucrative appearance money - target the Grand Slams and the marketing dollars would follow.
sco is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #1220
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
Yep. An underrated part of what makes Fed so great is his superb planning/scheduling - adequate rest - lack of injuries - longevity. Halle finals loss insignificant - surprising Cincy win gives him a cushion. Thought Courier's convo was revealing in the philosophy he takes - always thinking in the long term allowed him to pass up what I'm sure was very lucrative appearance money - target the Grand Slams and the marketing dollars would follow.
He's just smarter then the rest is the real key.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #1221
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's just smarter then the rest is the real key.
Let me just say it before a Nadaltard pops up: he's not smarter than Rafa, look at the H2H. Warm regards.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #1222
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Setsampras is enjoying this thread: angel:.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #1223
country flag Thunder Hoad

Thunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Hoad has a reputation beyond repute

He's not smarter than Uncle Toni. That man accomplished so much, hasn't had to break a sweat and his knees are in perfect condition.
Thunder Hoad is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #1224
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hoad View Post
He's not smarter than Uncle Toni. That man accomplished so much, hasn't had to break a sweat and his knees are in perfect condition.
Now that's not true at this point. His guy is on the sidelines for who knows how long at this point. Fed still out winning. Toni and rafa knew the game they were playing and it had a limited shelf life in physical condition. Rafa had his great times, but they all knew in the Rafa camp it had it's limited time.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #1225
country flag LaFuria

LaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hoad View Post
Uncle Toni is the true GOAT.
LaFuria is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #1226
country flag dodo

dodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond reputedodo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now that's not true at this point. His guy is on the sidelines for who knows how long at this point. Fed still out winning. Toni and rafa knew the game they were playing and it had a limited shelf life in physical condition. Rafa had his great times, but they all knew in the Rafa camp it had it's limited time.
Im sure Rafa (and Toni) will take this situation over being a 3-time slam winner with decently healthy knees.
Best signature ive ever read on MTF. 800% truth. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Every past, current and future top player will fall
Ouahab will never beat Federer
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo will never win a slam
dodo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #1227
country flag hisham70

hisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread. Just look at how so many predictions failed big time...
hisham70 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #1228
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Federer will CRUSH the opposition next year and win two slams.
Could this prediciton turn out to be true?!

He is definitley the best player right now and has had the best season so far.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1229
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Could this prediciton turn out to be true?!
Who knows what will happen. But to this point it's usually better to be on him, not against him.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #1230
country flag Federer&Hingis

Federer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread to reread it again and again and again .

C'mon "setsampras" , post something here.

Eugenie Bouchard Belinda Bencic Milos Raonic Stan Wawrinka Kei Nishikori

Del Potro - Haase - Goffin - Darcis - Rosol - Dimitrov - Pospisil - Chiudinelli - Dolgopolov - Kyrgios
Schalken - Edberg - Hingis - Bartoli - Tanasugarn - Coetzer - Santoro - Rosset

Support Marriage Equality
Federer&Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread