Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 137 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #2041
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. we all want Rafa back, even the haters :angel:

Latest photo of Mikey.

star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #2042
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I'd watch Ferrer playing Hewitt all day

Well, they are the kind of players that DO play all day matches
Old 09-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #2043
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I'd watch Ferrer playing Hewitt all day

Well, they are the kind of players that DO play all day matches

Minn!!!

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...eserve/261869/
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #2044
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Tecau
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #2045
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
This article was funny and also educational. Very interesting.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #2046
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rafa doesnt play , for sure, it is all over the Spanish media....

It seems like all that's left of the year is in doubt
Yeah, I saw that later. I don't like it, don't like it one bit! I mean it MUST be very serious. Mmaybe this arthroscopic surgery would've been better, who knows. But that's right he shoouldn't hurry back if he's not feeling OK. He has played through pain enough.
And I mean should Ferrer not play the DC, USA might have a chance.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #2047
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Tecau and Lindstedt lost I see.

Has Hema been around? Mugrin won nicely vs Kei yesterday.
Not gonna mention Nole's incredible performances to you Andreea.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #2048
country flag MariaV

Everyone off? OK me too.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #2049
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
paragliding was awesome! And I'm still alive!!
Glad you enjoyed it. It looks like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Eva to the rescue with links. They worked well, Eva.
Thanks. JM seems to be have had a lot of fun.
I missed the links.

Quote:
To those interested in seeing my little city garden. It has won silver in the category "Groen kleurt".

You'll find pictures (+ text in Dutch) in the link underneath. You'll have to download (pdf) the first brochure "'De Vlaamse Tuinaannemer' 2012-2013" and my garden is on pages 24, 25 & 26 (title of the article "Niet van de minste")

http://www.tuinaannemer.be/brochures-downloads

The pictures don't show the front bit (the terrace where there's a little table and such) but as you can see, it's small.

(they even show one of my gnomes...the German one)
That's awesome, Hilde! The design of the article itself is great and your garden looks peaceful and comfortable. I'd spend time on that bench. I'm glad your email helped cheer the designer.

Quote:
This scientific "fact" seems to be making the rounds. I just finished a book on the fall of Berlin. The women there who killed themselves and begged for abortions would be thankful to know that their bodies could have prevented conception had they been actually "*****" and not just "having a bit of fun" as the Russian high command put it.

Actually, I believe the percentage of rapes resulting in pregnancy is relatively low, but in order to have a firm grasp on the facts of the matter, you would have to know whether the women were already on birth control, whether there was ejaculation, or whether the woman could conceive. Once the variables are taken out, the statistics might make more sense.
I've always heard what you said, about the percentage being low. However, we all know low =/= 0%. I heard on either Colbert Report or The Daily Show, I don't remember which, that over 30 000 women in the USA are impregnated through r a p e every year. I don't know how accurate those numbers are and I would assume but don't know for sure that it includes statutory r a p e. It's bad enough that the US Republican party as a whole would prefer to outlaw abortions, we don't need this other anti-woman (and I do see it as anti-women) thing floating about.

Quote:
It was the best decision the court could make given the laws that governed the case, not necessarily the best decision that could have been made if the court had complete discretion to devise a sentence.

The controversy is not over the decision the court made, but rather the laws. For me, the people of Norway and their elected representatives are the ones who get to decide what they want for their country.
I don't support capital punishment, but if I were Norwegian, I might want the laws changed to include longer time periods. But the law was followed, from what little I know, and that's the important thing. Hopefully he'll never get out. I expect he'd face a lot of problems from other prisoners as well.

Quote:
better having reduced sentences that can be "adjusted" upon case than having the death penalty, imo. You can't "adjust" that.
I agree.

Quote:
Also would like to point out that today marks EIGHT months of Mikey being ban free.
Keep it that way, Mike!

Quote:
Roddick retires. I didn't see that one coming.

Well, obviously, it was in the cards. The man can't keep on playing forever but I figured he'd still play a couple more years.

I wonder if he'd turn to being a tv commentator.
Yeah, I was surprised too. He had some good pressers.

Quote:
He should stay around and have the pressers instead of his colleagues. Just imagine speaking for rogieGOAT when he ( finally ) loses. Although Fed can be a rather juicy loser himself

Quote:
Rafa doesnt play , for sure, it is all over the Spanish media....

It seems like all that's left of the year is in doubt
Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #2050
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

It's been quite a long time since JM got banned.

10 days he received, mod bashing.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #2051
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

JM was banned? Oh well, 10 days is not that much.

But here, take a look at this. The school starts in Latvia today

Old 09-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #2052
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

great pic Evita

some great pics i found today

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #2053
country flag MariaV

JM banned? Mod bashing? I thought he'd given up on that already.

Adooooooorable nephews and niece Evita. Here too school started today, there's been some discussion about changing the duration of the schoolyear, in Finland they start mid-August already, depending on the municipality, here some want to start in August, some to have the schoolyear till mid-June instead. I dunno, I'm just happy my school's over.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #2054
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Rafa Nadal would not be at the Semifinals of the Davis Cup and will stop for the next 2 months
“I have to recover and I’ll be back once the pain is gone”

Manacor, Spain, September 3rd, 2012.- Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal will not play in the next 2 months and will stop to rest and recover his knee. Among other things he won´t be able to be at the disposal of the Spanish Davis Cup captain for the semifinals tie against the USA.

Rafa has partial tear of the patella tendon at the distal pole of the patella plus an inflammation of the Hoffa’s fat pad of his left knee.

Since the diagnosis of that tear, Rafa has been receiving medical treatment consisting on specific medication, physical therapy and a progressive program of rehabilitation and muscular potentiation.

Rafa Nadal: “I have missed the Olympics and the US Open in the last few weeks, tow of the most important tournaments of the year and that I really wanted to play. I really want to be back competing and enjoying the tennis tour, but I have many years in front of me and my knee needs some rest. I will be back when I have no pain and able to compete with guarantee.

I feel better after the meeting with my doctors and happy knowing that the evolution of the past weeks has been positive and surgery has been avoided. I will continue to work with the plan my doctors have established to be able to compete as soon as possible in the right conditions.

I would also like to thanks all for the support I am receiving these days.”

Doctor Angel Ruiz-Cotorro will hold a Press Conference at the Real Club de Tennis de Barcelona on Tuesday September 4th explaining all details.

*** Rafa Nadal won’t be doing press interviews in the next days.
http://rafaelnadal.com/np/NP_03092012.pdf

Last edited by MariaV : 09-03-2012 at 12:45 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2055
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

^ *sigh*

--
(Spanish edition of) Vanity Fair's Personality of the Year:
Quote:
Rafa Nadal, personaje del año Vanity Fair

El tenista recogerá el próximo 17 de septiembre este premio con el que la revista reconoce su trayectoria deportiva, su talento, constancia, inteligencia y solidaridad. “No hay nada más difícil que saber ser un triunfador y que hasta tus rivales te reconozcan como un amigo", explica nuestra directora Lourdes Garzón.

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread