The Serve-Bots of 2012 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Serve-Bots of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Your point being?
Point being that some players are very dependent on serve in their games. If you knew that these two were so serve dependent compared to other players then congratulations.

This thread at least has more of a point than making a thread about vulturing and then finding out that one of the players you claim to be a vulture actually earns the same proportion of his points from slams as a non-vulture like Del Potro. "Your point being" should be my response to every one of your informative threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #17
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

As I watched the stats on the Tennis Channel, I noticed that, indeed, the best players are all the best returners in the game, a stat confirmed here. None of the big servers have won anything.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #18
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
Point being that some players are very dependent on serve in their games. If you knew that these two were so serve dependent compared to other players then congratulations.

This thread at least has more of a point than making a thread about vulturing and then finding out that one of the players you claim to be a vulture actually earns the same proportion of his points from slams as a non-vulture like Del Potro. "Your point being" should be my response to every one of your informative threads.
Yes, it's kind of common knowledge.

And what are you talking about? I never created any thread about vulturing, check my thread history if you need confirmation. I merely posted in threads created by other posters about the subject.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
country flag ChampionshipPoints

ChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Milos, with 93 -16, is not in a too bad position, as a lot of the big names have a high percentage of game points won, and a rather low percentage of return game, carrer-wise.
Sampras: 89 - 24
Ivanisevic (won Wimbledon 2001): 86 - 19
Philippoussis (2 slam finals): 85 - 18
Even Federer with a career of 88 - 27, is worth mentioning.
With a higher percentage of game points won than any of those, Milos would need to raise his return games only by a couple of points to be a serious contender. That explains why even now he's having so much success.
You can call Milos a serve-bot if you wish, but while you're at it why not add Sampras to the list of serve-bots?

Last edited by ChampionshipPoints : 09-01-2012 at 04:23 PM.
ChampionshipPoints is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #20
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Yes, Raonic has a limited game and nothing has changed since last year when I assessed he will probably be around top 10 (top 5-6 at best) and more importantly not win slams because of it.

Even guys like Dolgopolov, Berankis, GULBIS, TOMIC, have bigger chances of winning slams in the future.

Nothing against Raonic but it's just like that.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #21
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=ChampionshipPoints;12374500
You can call Milos a serve-bot if you wish, but while you're at it why not add Sampras to the list of serve-bots?[/QUOTE]

Sampras WAS a serve-bot. Bored me rigid.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Milos is a serve-bot. He is simply not a very good returner as the statistics demonstrate. All players have their strengths and weaknesses though and there is nothing wrong with having a good serve. Serving is part of the game. I don't particularly enjoy serve-bot matches, since they are usually boring and predictable, but that's only my personal opinion and I'm sure quite a few people disagree.
Cereal Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Federer up there, Serverer exposed for who he really is

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
country flag ChampionshipPoints

ChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond reputeChampionshipPoints has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lining View Post
Milos is a serve-bot. He is simply not a very good returner as the statistics demonstrate. All players have their strengths and weaknesses though and there is nothing wrong with having a good serve. Serving is part of the game. I don't particularly enjoy serve-bot matches, since they are usually boring and predictable, but that's only my personal opinion and I'm sure quite a few people disagree.
At the moment, he is not. But as he has demonstrated very often, he is a fast learner. I have no doubt that he will improve on that soon.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #25
country flag m9m9m9m9m9

m9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond reputem9m9m9m9m9 has a reputation beyond repute

You know this is the most useless stat in the world when the best (winning all games=0%) equal to the worst (losing all games=0%), utterly pointless
m9m9m9m9m9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote