Lance Armstrong finally banned for doping - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #166
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong drops fight against US Anti-Doping Agency drug charges

It's clear why UCI wants jurisdiction in this case. They were in on this thing with Lance Armstrong from the very beginning. They have covered his butt at every turn because he was their cash cow and now they are trying to protect their own asses. The sport of cycling has no future as long as Patt McQuiad holds the reigns in his hands. The guy is more corrupt than Sepp Blatter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
It's amazing how many dumb people there are who still buy into his innocence. I was reading a facebook post of Sports Illustrated and the amount of mugs who are going "leave him alone, wah, wah, wah" is just astonishing. If it was any other athlete, he'd be crucified. Some even made fun of the TdF, the very institution that made this mug famous.
I noticed the same thing on ESPN. I didn't make it past the first 2 pages of comments because approximately 85% of the users were buying right into Armstrong's propaganda. I think even if you would show them a video of Armstrong injecting himself with EPO, they would claim the video was staged.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #167
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong drops fight against US Anti-Doping Agency drug charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
It's time to punish Johan Bruyneel first and next, the UCI has some 'splaining to do. How on earth did the US Postal team know in advance when the doping controls would be? WWhy did Hein Verbruggen facilitate a meeting between Armstrong/Bruyneel and the head of a Swiss doping lab on a new test against EPO? And why did they think it would be apropriate to accept multiple 100.000 + dollar gifts from Armstrong personally?
If you're talking of other people's responsabilities in the case, I certainly agree with you. It should all be clarified. But's high time we stopped finding evidence against Armstrong, for it's been at least 7 years since we have some.

There's overdose now ... Enough is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
If we want a clean sport we have to start cleaning up from the top down.
Armstrong is not the cycling top, all by himself. You know it.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #168
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Armstrong was the best without doping considering how enormous his domination was. Considering also that Ulrich, Beloki, Basso & co were doped too. Or maybe Moncoutié was the true clean GOAT.

Anyway, I finally achieved my lifelong goal to have as many TDF as Lance.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #169
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can get on with wondering how much he personally takes out of the foundation donations.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #170
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Armstrong now has more testicles than tours.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #171
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Now we can get on with wondering how much he personally takes out of the foundation donations.
All the money unknowingly given to livestrong.com, rather than livestrong.org went straight into Armstrongs pockets of course.
This guy is such an asshole that he can't even run a charity without tricking well-intending people out of their money for personal gain.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #172

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
If you're talking of other people's responsabilities in the case, I certainly agree with you. It should all be clarified. But's high time we stopped finding evidence against Armstrong, for it's been at least 7 years since we have some.

There's overdose now ... Enough is enough.
You can't have one without the other.
If you want an investigation into the UCI, more dirt on Armstrong will emerge and vice versa.

Quote:
Armstrong is not the cycling top, all by himself. You know it.
I was talking of Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #173
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I found this a very interesting piece on the whole thing.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012...ughts-and.html
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #174
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
That is most probably right but uninteresting in my opinion. If the opponents were less doped than the winner, it still remains that they were doped. So no mercy for them either. They've committed the essential crime that contains all the others in itself (if I may paraphrase a famous author)
I didn't mean that the ones behind him who were dopers should be considered as more "rewarding" (I'm still convinced that nobody will be given the titles which should be taken off from Armstrong),

but I said that to counter the argument that "if everyone dopes, everyone's equal : let's legalize doping !" : this argument, which looks very powerful, is nonsense as nobody would ever be equal in their doping procedures, and races would be competitions between doctors and pharmacies like in mechanical competitions.

To understand the power of doping, look here Christophe Bassons, former French cyclist who voiced against doping (and had to retire because of the other cyclists not being happy about him), and now says that he, who was in the lower ranks of the Tour de France, was better in slopes in winter than Richard Virenque, another French cyclist who was in the same team as him, had several times the award for the best cyclist in slopes, and was convicted as a doper (even though he also denied for long of course ) :

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/...1911_3242.html

But I've not read any more effective argument against the legalization of doping than this one :

Quote:
Originally Posted by If Doping was legalized
Little Kid: "I want to be a pro athlete someday when I grow up!"

Parent: "Good for you! But since they started allowing PEDs in sports that means you'll have to take them if you want your dreams to come true."

Little Kid: "Umm, what does that mean?"

Parent: "It means you'll have to take a variety of things, from steroids to hormones and many others. These will have side effects ranging from mood swings to impotence (I'll explain what that means when you're old enough) to devastating health problems after you retire. Your health will likely be in shambles later in life as a result of all this."

Little Kid: "That doesn't sound very good. I don't want to take PEDs."

Parent: "Then you have no hope of every being the best or winning anything significant."

Little Kid: "..."

Last edited by duong : 08-28-2012 at 03:11 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #175
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about the Anglo-saxon media, but in the French media we have in recent days had many articles with informations about Armstrong's procedures to dope and avoid controls (in France, we don't need to have many articles about the philosophical meaning of Armstrong being guilty, as we knew it for long ... which is not AT ALL the case about Nadal for Abraxas ) : it didn't actually look that simple to avoid having problems with controls, especially uncalled ones, a heavy logistics and organization, and some complicities were needed :

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/...0995_3242.html

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/...1361_3242.html

In a way, it was a little bit reassuring for me that the anti-doping war has made it so complicated ... at least in a sport which really fought against doping, like cycling ... which is not the case of tennis, far far from that.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #176
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

i hope this helps to put away the racist myth that anglo-saxons in particular and northern europeans in general have a "cleaner" work ethic that southern euros with regards to PEDs, not to mention virtually all the other nations which aren't of mostly northern european origin.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #177
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i hope this helps to put away the racist myth that anglo-saxons in particular and northern europeans in general have a "cleaner" work ethic that southern euros with regards to PEDs, not to mention virtually all the other nations which aren't of mostly northern european origin.
I don't suppose it will make any difference. The US already had a pretty lousy reputation, far below any Western European nation.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Bradley Wiggins, who has been very outspoken in his critism of Spanish cyclists, has been completely quiet about the US Postal case.
He's not the only one.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #179
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I found this a very interesting piece on the whole thing.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012...ughts-and.html
Good article. I was amused by this part though:

Quote:
You see this most strikingly in women's athletics - prior to 1987, there were no out-of-competition tests. Once introduced, performances dropped instantly, and the current record books are dominated by those 1980s performances. The poor female sprinters and power athletes of the current era cannot get close to their event world records, and that's thanks to better anti-doping control today.
Except the USA 4x100m relay I'd have to add. In London they broke a record that stood since 1985 by .55 seconds. I know I've brought it up before but it's just so comically suspicious...
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #180
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Wiggins has been at his north west home with his feet up since the Olympics, so unless journalists go knocking on his door asking about Armstrong then that's probably why he's said nothing on it.

But regarding Spanish cyclists, his hero is Miguel Indurain, not Lance.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote