Nolpotro Appreciation Thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #61
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nolpotro Appreciation Thread

Nole on their match tomorrow: "It's no revenge. It's sport, you win, you lose. It's going to be a good match."
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #62
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Great words from Nole, but I expected nothing less

Hope Delpo's wrist is alright; if both are fit, this will surely be an awesome match. Hope whoever wins takes the title.

Think Nole will win this time, but either way what I want is to see an awesome match.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #63

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Novak, hope he wins the final tomorrow

Unfortunately, it was not a great match. The beginning was awesome but after JMDP's wrist acted up it was all over. Let's hope Juan can be 100% for the US Open and we can see this match again there, hopefully in the final.

Still, Juan didn't give up and forced Nole to come up with brilliant shots in clutch moments, which he did. Also great sportsmanship from Novak in the end as always. Do post some pics, especially of that exchange when Del Potro said Novak was crazy to that linesman lol.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #64
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

is his wrist gonna be a chronic problem? I know he had surgery awhile back but he played great in the olympics..What's causing the problem?

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #65

It's the other wrist now
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #66
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

oh jeez... looks like another surgery this time on the other one?

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Delpo. His luck is so fucked up.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #68

I hope it's not that bad this time and he can be fully fit for the USO.

He said he was in pain and would have withdrawn in other circumstances, but he respects Novak too much and they're great friends. Said he'd have withdrawn if Nole wasn't such a great friend of his.

This is incredibly sweet actually, but hope he doesn't pay the price. Fingers crossed he's fully fit for the USO and we can have a real match between these two there
Old 08-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
I feel bad for Delpo. His luck is so fucked up.
Tell me about it

I've kind of got used to it, but it is still incredibly frustrating. I mean, I support many players who have achieved far less than Del Potro, but Juan is by far the most frustrating to support because I know he can actually do great things and mix it up with the current top guys if only his body allows him. Even his fellow pros says so, including Nole today in his presser:

Quote:
He (Del Potro) always had potential to be one of the best tennis players in the world, and he still does. He has all the shots, he has big power, big serve, and he moves really well for somebody of his size. It's obviously now question of if he can stay healthy, because injuries were keeping him away for a while on the tour.
Stuff like this is great to hear of course, but on the other hand makes it all even more frustrating as a JMDP fan; the fact that everyone recognizes his potential makes the fact that he keeps running into setback after setback even more frustrating.

I just wish he could catch a break and be fully healthy for an extended period so he could show everyone what a great player he is.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #70
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

It really sucks to have many serious injuries during your prime years. I really feel for Delpo and his fans. Watching him now makes me sad actually. I don't even know how these injuries haven't affected him mentally so far. He is really a great fighter and has a true champion's mentality. That's why he is always fighting out there even when he is not healthy. That's what I call "a great fighter"!

Not every player can stay mentally the same after getting through this kind of bad luck during the prime years of his/her career.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #71

That is one of the main reasons I've become a JMDP fan (that and his awesome FH ). His resilience is extraordinary, he will fight through absolutely anything. His AO 2010 run with a broken wrist is perhaps the prime example. Even today against Nole, with a bad wrist and no BH, he made Nole earn his win, he didn't give the match away.

Not to mention he beat Troicki using just one hand - most players would have either retired or just got destroyed mentally by such situation, but JMDP just kept fighting his way through the draw until facing a player he couldn't possibly beat without being 100% fit (and he still tried).

One thing I can say for sure after following Juan's entire career so far is that no matter how many setbacks he keeps facing he will not fade away, he will keep fighting and coming back. I have a feeling not even all these injuries will stop him from having a great career. Just hope he can catch a break somehow and join Nole at the top of the game
Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #72

Some pics from today:

Delpo telling the linesman Nole was crazy, most hilarious bit of the match for sure

Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #73
country flag misst89

misst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo telling the lineswoman that Nole was crazy was definitely one of my favourite bits. That and their hug at the net and Nole asking if his wrist is okay. I feel like they have this history too, seeing as Nole retired to Delpo last year. I feel like they bring out the best in each other's play and hopefully they will play a lot more in the future.

I met Novak and Delpo on 10/11/12

Quote:
q. what was the joke? we couldn’t understand on the tv.

jmdp: no, i did with the towel his face. what, you was watching the tomic match?
Vamos Delpo fans ~
misst89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #74
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

How did I miss this thread???

Thanks Mark for opening one. I opened the Nolandy thread and it was also very successful.

I love Delpo, after Murray he's probably my fave. Obviously, Nole is in a class of its own.

Nolpotro friendship is genuine and both are great guys on and off court. They seem to care a lot for each other. Fedal is fake, Nolandy seems to be only genuine from Nole's part and we all saw how Rafa reacted to Nole last year. so Rafole is also out.
Delpo and Nole, this will be the rivalry of the future.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #75
country flag DjokerFan3
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

DjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond repute

What bad luck that Delpo is drawn into Nole's quarter at US Open this year... , a match in the semis or final would have been awesome.

If their QF match does happen, I hope it will be a great match.
Retired Players that I miss: AGASSI, RAFTER, SAFIN, SoderKING, Blake, F.Gonzalez
DISLIKE Nadal, Tomic & Raonic
DjokerFan3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote