Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
So you want me to start an anti-Federer thread, get the Fedtards all riled up, reporting my posts, and get myself banned? There is your evidence. Fuck that.

I have a feeling this is also a personal vendetta. You've said you'd "put a contract on me" if MTF was the Sopranos. So much for moderator objectivity.

Power corrupts.
Dream on. Unless you get reported, I don't notice you from one slam to the next.

I'm pointing out that I believe you're wrong, if you have evidence of this so-called bias that a fedfan would get treated differently to a rafafan in this situation, bring it or let's move on. You have whatever views you like. Doesn't make them fact.

Let's get this thread back on topic.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny Groove making this more than what it is, extra drama as usual.. Plenty of anti-Nadal posters have been banned (including permabanned) and I have seen plenty of Nadal hatred comments get deleted. Use a little sense here, you aren't a mod Johnny, so how can you be entirely sure what comments get deleted later on and what posters get infractions.. Just because they aren't banned means no action was taken? Certainly there are much more pro-Federer fans here so, perhaps you certainly see more hate against Rafa, but it may be so that such posters are very stretched out, so all these posters getting a couple, even several, infractions individually may not amount to actually anything. But on the other hand, there are a lot of repeat offenders of Rafatards/Fedhaters who do constantly get infractions and it leads up to bans.

If something offends you, use the report button. It isn't like the mods can read every single post on this site. So while it might be skewed to the sense that more Fedtard posters are here to report anti-Fed/Rafatard posts than vise versa, I sincerely doubt there is favoritism being played out here. The mods are just playing with the cards they are dealt. Don't be so dramatic on such a pointless thing. Regardless, who is this affecting that you like? I mean I certainly try not to associate with any poster who celebrates any kind of injury myself, and I would imagine you do the same seeing that you are a sensible poster in general, so I'm not sure what all this bitterness is towards because if you like other sensible posters, than such a question from this thread is pointless.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #18
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that really shocks me here is that there are posters that think it is all right to "celebrate" an injury to a player I would never "celebrate" any player having an injury or being sick and not being able to play in a Tournament!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #19
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

There's quite a bit of a difference between 'celebrating an injury' of whatever a player, or just being happy/pleased/relieved for one's own fav player that said injured player isn't able to enter a certain tournament.

A subtle difference it is, indeed, but I don't feel like there's any need to be oversensitive on this particular matter.
Fed fans 'cheer' whenever Rafa or Djoko aren't around, Djoko fans 'cheer' whenever Murray or Fed aren't around, Rafa fans 'cheer'... etc. etc. etc.

Not a bit deal imho.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #20
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I don't agree. Now if said player just chooses not to be in a Tournament then "celebrate" all you want, but I just find it hard to believe that people really want to "celebrate" a said player--any player--having an injury or being sick and not being able to play in a Tournament. I would never do that no matter what the name really is of "said player".

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote