Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #601
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No asterisk.
Good argument.
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #602
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The only Noledal slam match that was remotely great was the third set of the 2011 USO final.

Wimbledon final was garbage, AO final was ugly and the 2010 USO final was OK but Novak really disappeared after set two.

The third set of RG in 2008 was quite an underrated one.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #603
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yup, it's more of a star the size of the Sun.

Bitter about the H2H?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #604
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Exactely. Their retarded logic says that had Roger reached less finals on clay and hence not been the 2nd best player on clay from his generation it would have made hm the GOAT because the H2H would be much closer.
Exactly, I've been saying this since 2008. That would mean Federer would be a greater/better player had he won 10 less matches and reached 10 less finals, 5 less RG finals.

I hear logic committing suicide as we speak.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #605
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Bitter about the H2H?
Reported for trolling.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #606
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Federer dodged just as many USO finals as Nadal

2010/2011 he really should've made them.

What could we have expected from a young Nadal? To reach them in 2005 and 2006? No way, he just became a force on clay, only starting to learn how te be great on grass. Fast hardcourt would have to take longer. 07,08 and 09 remain. 2007 is still very early in his career for him to reach a slam final on his worst surface, but losing to Ferrer is a bad sign. I'll count it, just. Only one I can really see as a failure is losing to Murray in 08, 09 had the injury comeback and the injury during the tournament.

Time to stop this madness about 'Nadal dodging Federer at the USO'. Federer did just as much, if not more of the dodging. But that's what you get when one guy is older and primes don't overlap. Get over it.
Why are you being so defensive though? I just said ' I agree that it is a bit unfair that Federer did not have a lot of chances to "even the score" so to speak when he was at his prime because Nadal wasn't showing up on USO finals until recently but it is what it is. ' - it is unfair exactly that their primes don't overlap, it's unfair that while Federer's peak form on clay coincided with Nadal's peak clay years (w/c doesn't ever seem to stop); Nadal's peak form in HC didn't coincide with Federer's. I did not say it as a minus to Nadal, it just is what it is because as you said, one guy is older. It's completely circumstantial but it was an unfortunate and unfair circumstance for Federer. I wasn't trying to start a competition of who dodged who because yes, I know Federer had chances to face Nadal for the last two years in USO but wasn't able to.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #607
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
Good argument.

I give the praise back to you
Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #608
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Reported for trolling.

Did you report yourself, too?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #609
country flag Apemant

Apemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
He probably should've since had Federer been less formidable/consistent on clay, it would have made the H-H argument moot along with the psychological baggage Federer had to endure on account of all those defeats. Apparently for some Nadal tards (or anti-Fed tards for that matter), the lack of a skewed H-H would have also given Federer's status as GOAT more legitimacy.
Yes, that cannot be overstressed - any time a rafatard pulls the H2H 'argument', they need to be reminded that Federer, by that account, would be 'far superior' and more goat-worthy LOL player - if he was Sampras-mediocre on clay.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #610
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Laver? I agree with your general point, but Laver is a pretty major exception.
True. Laver can fit into both category . He was placed there because of his serve. While not "big" was varied. Like nadull it helped he was left handed.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #611
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best 5 Set Records Active Players Only. Djokovic new leader

nid. nole = real goat.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #612
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
nid. nole = real goat.
Yup, real GOAT in falling behind 0-2 against mugs. Real GOAT.

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #613
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup, real GOAT in falling behind 0-2 against mugs. Real GOAT.
Its easy to fall, its hard to stand up.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #614
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Its easy to fall, its hard to stand up.
Not when you're Federer. Ask Everko, Nadaltards and company .

Quote:
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #615
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
nid. nole = real goat.
Real GOAT wouldn't let it go to five sets in the first place. There's a reason Federer's not on this list.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote