S.Q.T. (stupid question thread) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #91
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluta View Post
This is really stupid but I need to know:

At Wimbledon (the GS) do they interview the players RIGHT AFTER the game? On their way out from the court?
And they did this at OG? With both winners and losers?
On court interviews do happen, but not always.
This should clear you question, atleast as to what is permitted:

"The 2012 ATP Official Rulebook",pg.167(pg.84 of the pdf):
Quote:
VIII. THE CODE

p) Media Conference

i) All players scheduled to play on televised courts will be required, if requested,
to perform a pre-match TV interview on the day of the match (not
to exceed 2 minutes in total). The interview may be conducted at either
the player’s practice court or as the players approach the court for walk-on

as determined by the host and player’s national broadcasters.

ii) All players who win during a televised match will be required to perform
on court TV interviews, if requested, with the host and player’s national
broadcaster(s) for that match (not to exceed 5 minutes in total).

iii) All players will be required to perform post-match radio and TV news
service interviews directly following the post-match press conference (not
to exceed 10 minutes in total). If there is no post-match press conference,
the interviews will need to take place within 30 minutes of the conclusion
of their match.

iv) Unless injured and physically unable to appear, a player or team must
attend the post-match media conference organized within thirty (30) minutes
after the conclusion of each match whether the player or team was
the winner or loser, unless such time is extended by the supervisor for
good cause. Post-match media obligations include two (2) interviews,
with the host and player’s national broadcasters. This rule shall also apply
to matches won or lost as a result of a withdrawal or retirement.
I assume it should be the same for ITF events. Couldn't find anything mentioned in the "2012 ITF Rules of Tennis" or the "2012 ITF Pro Circuit Regulations"
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #92
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! So it is not really mandatory for the losers *

*If I am allowed to use this highly degrading term. Damn, one really has to watch his manners here on MTF.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #93
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
On court interviews do happen, but not always.
This should clear you question, atleast as to what is permitted:

"The 2012 ATP Official Rulebook",pg.167(pg.84 of the pdf):

I assume it should be the same for ITF events. Couldn't find anything mentioned in the "2012 ITF Rules of Tennis" or the "2012 ITF Pro Circuit Regulations"
Here is the Grand Slam one, pretty much the same as the ATP one http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1vh...m?referrerUrl= (page 42 on the pdf G Media Conference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluta
Thanks! So it is not really mandatory for the losers *
It really depends if there is media request or not even for the winner . Sometimes there is not or just from the player's national media(e,g only spanish media request F Lopez after a match).
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #94
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Here is the Grand Slam one, pretty much the same as the ATP one http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1vh...m?referrerUrl= (page 42 on the pdf G Media Conference)
The ITF has the complete set of rules and regulations split over too many (3 that I know of, maybe more) books(files)

Stupid Question:

Why can't they just have the entire thing in one file, like the ATP, so that it becomes so much easier to search.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #95
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

S.Q.

When is ball speed measured, before or after it hits the court?
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #96
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute

I´m pretty sure it´s before it lands on court, so the surface has no influence on the speed.
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #97
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

The ball speed is measured as it leaves players' rackets. I think the speed of the ball when it reaches returners (for the serve) is something like 90 mph off of a 130 mph serve. I am not sure about the latter though.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #98
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #99
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute
Smile How does the type of the court matter in tennis?

I know, this may be a silly question for some here. But, many of us don't know it properly, and many among of us take it granted that...
* Federer is good at Grass Court,
* Nadal is good at Clay,
* Djokovic is good at Hard-courts.

But... Why is it like that? How does the type of court matters a player? or at the end... how does it influence the match result?

I know, many of us keep talking about this, but whats the real reason behind it when all player play with same racquet in all different courts. Please elaborate since i don't know the answer for this question.
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #100
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does the type of the court matter in tennis?

Begone from this place spawn of darkness !
How can even exist such a person that asks this question is beyond me.
Do you have a feel for spacial dimensions or something ?
UP/DOWN ?
Faster/Slower ?
oh god where is Hian to help me with his GIF "I can't"
Sorry for this reply but really i can't do something other than

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #101
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I think movement is the most important. Nadal clearly moves the best on a clay court. Federer knows how to navigate his way around a grass court, and Djokovic is most at home on a hard court. Not to say that Fed can't move on clay or Nadal can't move on grass or Djokovic can't move on clay, but Nole slipped a lot at Wimbledon and Olympics. Nadal's body can't take the pounding of a hard court, and even Fed struggles a bit with his movement on clay, at least compared to other guys.

If you move well, you get to the ball in time or early, time to set up your shots, and be confident in your game.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #102
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post

Begone from this place spawn of darkness !
How can even exist such a person that asks this question is beyond me.
Do you have a feel for spacial dimensions or something ?
UP/DOWN ?
Faster/Slower ?
oh god where is Hian to help me with his GIF "I can't"
Sorry for this reply but really i can't do something other than
Seems like you knew it by Birth! Whao!

I mentioned it's silly, you need not say that again. No Offense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
To be honest, I think movement is the most important. Nadal clearly moves the best on a clay court. Federer knows how to navigate his way around a grass court, and Djokovic is most at home on a hard court. Not to say that Fed can't move on clay or Nadal can't move on grass or Djokovic can't move on clay, but Nole slipped a lot at Wimbledon and Olympics. Nadal's body can't take the pounding of a hard court, and even Fed struggles a bit with his movement on clay, at least compared to other guys.

If you move well, you get to the ball in time or early, time to set up your shots, and be confident in your game.
Oh! Thank You... Why don't they play well in the same way in all the courts. I mean, is it so difficult to learn 'how not to slip' in other courts?

+1
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #103
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
I know, this may be a silly question for some here. But, many of us don't know it properly, and many among of us take it granted that...
* Federer is good at Grass Court,
* Nadal is good at Clay,
* Djokovic is good at Hard-courts.

But... Why is it like that? How does the type of court matters a player? or at the end... how does it influence the match result?

I know, many of us keep talking about this, but whats the real reason behind it when all player play with same racquet in all different courts. Please elaborate since i don't know the answer for this question.

I said sorry in my post ... btw ON-topic
The three of them play THREE different grips (forehand and backhand)
SO For fed The higher the ball is the harder it is ...
for nadal the lower it is the harder it is (I KNOW THEY BOTH CAN DO the respective shots but they aren't as good as the other CAUSE of the grip every grip has advantages/disadvantages)
I'm saying it cause every surface has different bounce

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #104
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Movement, speed and bounce - three things.

And Fed never struggles on clay. The same movement, it can be seemed in comparison with Nadal and Djokovic (move there better), but speaking only about him it is false impression.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #105
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond reputeMarcoo has a reputation beyond repute

wow a lot of explanations here I was wondering the same thing, now i know
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote