Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1] - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #256
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboy7 View Post
Ok, the entry list is the important thing. And you have to enter or not 6 weeks before the start (if you have the choice).
Normally you'll be automatically entered if you are in the top 30, arent'you?
I don't think so. the top 30 commitment only has an advantage with 500 events specially for the latter part of the year because if you haven't got 4 500 events commitment and you enter a 500 event to reach the required number of 500 events you will get in even if you are ranked low. i don't think you can back off 1000 events and chose to not be in it if you are ranked high-enough to be in the original entry list, only alternates can choose not to play or withdraw.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #257
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Updated with partial results of August 14th.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #258
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

As of August 14 Results
Attached Images
File Type: png rank2.png (86.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: png rank.png (72.2 KB, 169 views)
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #259
country flag PitsOfTheWorld

PitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond repute

How far could Rafa fall if he doesn't play until WTF or for the rest of the year?
"A tacit rhetorical assumption here is that you have very probably never heard of Michael Joyce of Brentwood, L.A... Nor of Vince Spadea nor Jonathan Stark...--all ranked in the world’s top one hundred at one point in 1995. Nor of Jeff Tarango, sixty-eight in the world, unless you remember his unfortunate psychotic breakdown in full public view during last year’s Wimbledon.

You are invited to try to imagine what it would be like to be among the hundred best in the world at something. At anything. I have tried to imagine; it’s hard."
--David Foster Wallace (), "Tennis Player Michael Joyce's Professional Artistry as a Paradigm of Certain Stuff about Choice, Freedom, Discipline, Joy, Grotesquerie, and Human Completeness"
PitsOfTheWorld is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #260
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Out of the top 8 or so. Maybe seed around 8-12 for AO.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #261
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsOfTheWorld View Post
How far could Rafa fall if he doesn't play until WTF or for the rest of the year?
95 % he will stay in top 4, 99.9% stays in top 5 . Unless a player ranked below played extremely well. Ferrer will need about 2840 points until the end of the year to finish ahead of him, Del Potro about 3840, Beldrych/Tsonga/Tipsaveric little more 4000 ?

Take a look at the race ranking (points earned in 2012)http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #262
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa has 6840 race points. In 2011 year end rankings that would have given him #4 position (after excluding himself). So #4 is most likely, #5 possible if someone other than Roger, Nole or Andy catch fire.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #263
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

A few infos

To get the number 1 next monday, Djokovic needs :

- to play the final if Fed loses to Bogomolov or Tomic

- to win the tournament if Fed loses in QF or SF

- if Fed reaches the final, Djokovic can't be number 1 next monday

As someone said, the ATP have showed the points from the Olympics together with the ATP500 points in the "ranking breakdown".

Now I wonder if they will also be included in the commitment for 4 ATP500 tournaments (if it is, Federer could count his points from Doha even if doesn't play Tokyo/Beijing for instance). It would be strange to me because they don't need an incentive to have players play the Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboy7 View Post
Ok, the entry list is the important thing. And you have to enter or not 6 weeks before the start (if you have the choice).
Normally you'll be automatically entered if you are in the top 30, arent'you?
in masters 1000 and grand slams tournaments all of the players are in automatically if they are ranked highly enough (which depends on the size of the draw and the number of players who use their protected ranking before they had got injured)
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #264
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Now I wonder if they will also be included in the commitment for 4 ATP500 tournaments (if it is, Federer could count his points from Doha even if doesn't play Tokyo/Beijing for instance). It would be strange to me because they don't need an incentive to have players play the Olympics
The Olympics are not part of the commitment. One can demonstrate this by seeing that Roddick received a 0-point penalty for Washington, even if he played the Olympics the same week. That is because, Roddick needed all 3 remaining ATP 500 tournaments to fulfill his commitment. Monte Carlo is part of the commitment.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #265
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
The Olympics are not part of the commitment. One can demonstrate this by seeing that Roddick received a 0-point penalty for Washington, even if he played the Olympics the same week. That is because, Roddick needed all 3 remaining ATP 500 tournaments to fulfill his commitment. Monte Carlo is part of the commitment.
yes you're right : Roddick's case proves it

putting the Olympics result togther with the ATP500 results in the rankings breakdown is just a way to display the results (just as Monte-Carlo is displayed together with the mandatory Masters 1000 tournaments )
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #266
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Updated with the results of August 15th.

And yes, Duong, just like MC is displayed with the Masters because of the tournament's point limit. Monte Carlo is a Masters ATP 1000, even if it's part of the 500 commitment. The Olympics is somewhere between 500 and 1000 point-wise, but it's not a Masters. Davis Cup is a 500 because the maximum number of points a player can achieve all year long in the DC is 625.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #267
country flag dencod16

Updates with August 16 Results
Attached Images
File Type: png rank.png (93.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: png rank2.png (85.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #268
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute

Chardy seeded at US Open.
E-r-i-c is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #269
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Updated with the results of August 16th.

Dencod, there are some minor inconsistencies with your rankings. Don't Andreev, Bautista-Agut and Hajek lose points this week ?

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 08-17-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #270
country flag yesyesok

yesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond repute

Yo guys, hope you don't mind me posting this here, it's not worth a new thread and this seem like the thread for ranking discussion.

I was thinking about the current number one situation, how Federer currently only holds 1 GS while Djkocovic holds 2.

I had a look through the rankings from the year 2000 onwards and noticed just how rare this is.

With the exception of three small instances the world number one (since Jan 2000) has held either the most grand slam titles out of any player, or the equal most.

The three exceptions are:

Federer @ no1. Post Wimbledon 08-mid August 08. (Federer held US Open, Nadal held Wimby/French)

Nadal @ no1. French Open 10- Wimbledon 10 (Federer held Wimby and Aus, Nadal only the French)

Federer @ no1. Wimbledon 12-now (Federer holds Wimby, Djokovic holds Aus and US).

I think this backs up the efficiency of the ranking system, and means that it's very rare for number one not to be the true number one.

Even in the 3 exception cases it was just a transition period. In the case of (1) Nadal took number one not long after becoming "slam dominant", and in the case of (2) Nadal changed the GS stats by winning Wimby four weeks after taking number 1, so both of these were just transition peroids.

This current one will probably be the same, with either Djokovic not retaining the US Open and then Federer will be clear number one until at least WTF, or Djokovic will defend and then inevitabley take number one back not long after, if not already.
yesyesok is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread