A new way of moderation - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A new way of moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
I think the ignore function is wrong in many ways.
It doesn't solve the problem.
Why should I have to do anything? I'm not at fault or in the wrong.
The people that are at fault are the ones breaking the rules.
Their rule-breaking posts shouldn't exist, or should be in some cesspool forum.
"Ignore" is an easy way out, that is too broad-brushed.
If 20% of their posts are rule-breaking, maybe 80% are not.
Those 20% shouldn't be in my way or in my sight, but maybe some of the other 80% are worth reading. Some of the people that occasionally break the rules can also be humorous.
Furthermore, a quoted post by an ignored user still appears from what I understand.

The ignore solves almost nothing, except burying one's head in the sand.
I simply don't think it's worth much of anything.
The problem needs to be solved, not ignored.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Ignore is one of the best things on MTF. It's better than any possible team of mods with their rules, small biases, permabans, not being able to see everything and what not because it allows the forum to "moderate" itself. YOU personally decide whether to "ban" a poster in your eyes or not. If many posters decided to ignore the same idiot the idiot would lose audience (and interest). But it seems that either people are unaware of this function or they want to read and interact with idiots/trolls because MTF is not only about knowledgeable tennis discussion but also (even more importantly) about pure entertainment.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #17
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

How about we just dont ban except spam

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely. reviewing someones behavior, banning someone cause he/she failed to fulfill a promise to alter his behavior.... these and alike are all nonsense.