Djokovic's junior coach troubled by his slump - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #121
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic's junior coach troubled by his slump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
That first part is not even related to what you are responding, so you're just trying to divert the discussion to make Nole look good. Was that part related to the point I made , yes or no? Do you have proof it was related to the point I made, yes or no?
I responded to your response to my question "When did Sampras have season like Djokovic in 2011?". As your response was not answer to my question I repeted the question. So, what is your answer?

Quote:
As far as Nole surpassing Sampras, we'll see if Nole can get 14 Slam titles. We'll see. We might have to wait an eternity for it to never happen though.
When Federer had 9 slams, many experts at that time said he is greater player than Sampras. GOAT discussion is not just about numbers.
5555 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #122
country flag Deep Return
Banned!

Deep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
I responded to your response to my question

Quote:
When Federer had 9 slams, many experts at that time said he is greater player than Sampras. GOAT discussion is not just about numbers.
Good one as well. So Donald Young is back in GOAT discussion
Deep Return is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #123
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was because it was not unrealistic to expect Federer to surpass Sampras later, which he later did. Also, when he won his 9th slam he was playing a season in which he went 92-5 and I believe reached the final of every tournament except one. Besides, 9 is a lot closer to 14 than 5 is to 17. Numbers aren't all of it but they can't be ignored beyond common sense.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #124
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I responded to your response to my question "When did Sampras have season like Djokovic in 2011?". As your response was not answer to my question I repeted the question. So, what is your answer?
I clarified an opinion of yours that you try to pass as a fact.

Quote:
At the time, the GOAT was at 14, Fed was at 9, so a 5 slam difference with a realistic chance at getting there. To transpose this, Nole would have to be at 12 since the GOAT is now at 17. Is Nole at 12 GS titles at the moment? Does he have a chance at catching Federer? No and no.

Again that is merely common sense. Have you heard about it?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #125
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the point was that Federer was a better overall player than Sampras, deduced from Fed dominating the world much more than Sampras ever did. Greatness OTOH is quite strictly tied with career accomplishments.

17 6 21 77
IOFH is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #126
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
I think the point was that Federer was a better overall player than Sampras, deduced from Fed dominating the world much more than Sampras ever did. Greatness OTOH is quite strictly tied with career accomplishments.
That is an opinion...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #127
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is an opinion...
Obviously, And those who had that opinion said things like that. Their opinion was probably based on Federer's utter dominance of the tour for 3 years which made Sampras' stats look second-rate.

In general though, when commentators say "we might be looking at the greatest player bla bla", they don't mean that if that player retired tomorrow he would be the greatest, but that after his career he might be in that position.

17 6 21 77
Old 08-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #128
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Obviously, And those who had that opinion said things like that. Their opinion was probably based on Federer's utter dominance of the tour for 3 years which made Sampras' stats look second-rate.

In general though, when commentators say "we might be looking at the greatest player bla bla", they don't mean that if that player retired tomorrow he would be the greatest, but that after his career he might be in that position.
In understand that because it is common sense. As we can clearly see, someone else lacks the ability to use it.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #129
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I clarified an opinion of yours that you try to pass as a fact.
Why do you refuse to answer my question? Is it because you know that Djokovic's 2011 season is better than Sampras's 1994 but do not want to admit it?

Quote:
At the time, the GOAT was at 14, Fed was at 9, so a 5 slam difference with a realistic chance at getting there. To transpose this, Nole would have to be at 12 since the GOAT is now at 17. Is Nole at 12 GS titles at the moment? Does he have a chance at catching Federer? No and no.

Again that is merely common sense. Have you heard about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
That was because it was not unrealistic to expect Federer to surpass Sampras later, which he later did. Also, when he won his 9th slam he was playing a season in which he went 92-5 and I believe reached the final of every tournament except one. Besides, 9 is a lot closer to 14 than 5 is to 17. Numbers aren't all of it but they can't be ignored beyond common sense.
Quote:
A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person’s feelings that cannot be proven. The GOAT discussion is matter of opinion because it is not just about numbers but it includes debate about level of competition and nobody can prove is level of competition now higher than in 2006 or 1986 or 1966...whenever.
5555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #130
country flag IOFH

So in your opinion Djokovic is GOAT or very close or...?

17 6 21 77
Old 08-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #131
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do you refuse to answer my question? Is it because you know that Djokovic's 2011 season is better than Sampras's 1994 but do not want to admit it?

A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person’s feelings that cannot be proven. The GOAT discussion is matter of opinion because it is not just about numbers but it includes debate about level of competition and nobody can prove is level of competition now higher than in 2006 or 1986 or 1966...whenever.
I'm going to jump in....

In my opinion defining the GOAT is impossible because of subjective factors that depend on a person's opinion. You mentioned, for example, level of competition. Some fed haters say he played in a weak era becuase they want to bring down his achievements.
I think the weak era theory is crap and isn't valid.

So if you are trying to define the GOAT you have to look at factors that aren't subjective or depend on the perons view. The answer is obejective data, such as #titles, #slams, #weeks at #1, variety in the titles won,....

These are numbers we can work with because no one can say Roger didn't win 17 slams,....

So if you say that in your opinion it's not only about numbers it will be impossible to reach a consensus as to who is the GOAT.

In that case each person has their GOAT.....

It's better, and the only option really, to look at numbers.

Roger leads in the numbers, so if there is such a thing as the GOAT it is Roger Federer.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #132
country flag Marc23

Marc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Could it be his parents? I am just saying because Rafa struggled a bit when his parents had issues
Relationship between his parents(father's infidelities with other Serbian girls) and also attitude of both of his parents towards his girlfriend as they are not to fond of her,find her a bit of gold digger and are trying to prevent further bonding between them...don't know exactly why as she was with him since he was 17 and with no money!
Marc23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #133
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Answer already provided.

Quote:
Quote:
Djokovic's 2011 was not a great whole season since he crashed in the fall, so he was basically on a hot streak for a few months.

Sampras has multiple slams seasons 4 times and won a slam in 8 consecutive seasons. What about Nole?

Nole is not in the same league as Sampras. Again, this is common sense.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #134
country flag Backhand_Maestro

Backhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond reputeBackhand_Maestro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Relationship between his parents(father's infidelities with other Serbian girls) and also attitude of both of his parents towards his girlfriend as they are not to fond of her,find her a bit of gold digger and are trying to prevent further bonding between them...don't know exactly why as she was with him since he was 17 and with no money!
Hasn't she been behind his miracle diet ??seems a sweetie.

The mum's a witch so

French Open W (1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981)

Wimbledon W (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980)

3 Channel Slams; 4 Consecutive RG; 5 Consecutive SW19

GOAT
Backhand_Maestro is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #135
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

not going to read the thread

"slump"

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahaha

nothing more to add