Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - we are back check post 1561 - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #961
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Now for WTA TT As Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Thanks Adey

What about my mistake in the bogota doubles section? That was supposed to only be in QFR right? I assume Evita will fix it but I feel bad
Don't worry about it - we all make mistakes

Yes, that is something that Evita will be able to fix.
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #962
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
In the case of Winnetka doubles - the first qually match where both didn't send - I have input that as bye v bye - the second round match then can be completed as that team then had a bye.

In the case of Winnetka singles - I have input those first round qually matches as :-
I am very surprised by this. I haven't played TT this year so I don't know - have there been some rule changes? From what I remember, you could never be an alternate in the second round. If neither player sent picks, the one with the higher ranking advanced anyway. I see that Calgary Flames lost in QR1 but then was moved to a different spot and played in QR2. Is that really allowed? Because you can't enter that in my website.

And what's that about entering matches Bye vs. Bye? That should never happen. I'm looking at the Winnetka doubles qualifying. How come neither team from 00:00 | tenistasmex/juddy96 (MEX/CAN) vs. (4) starluk/Demonsky (CHN/SVK) advanced? In real tennis tournaments, someone always advances, isn't that right? Have the TT rules really been changed this way? If so then they need to be changed back My website isn't suited to it and it doesn't make sense anyway.

P.S. I fixed the Bogota doubles.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #963
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

Finished Marburg. Will do Lima and Rest of Bogota in little bit.

Need more tournments in the database haha

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #964
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Lazyking, you know what would be very useful? If you went through the players list and checked every player name whether it exists on MTF. Make a list of those who don't exist and we will then try to find out their current username (they probably changed it) and fix it on the website. It's a big work but someone should do it
Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #965
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I am very surprised by this. I haven't played TT this year so I don't know - have there been some rule changes? From what I remember, you could never be an alternate in the second round. If neither player sent picks, the one with the higher ranking advanced anyway. I see that Calgary Flames lost in QR1 but then was moved to a different spot and played in QR2. Is that really allowed? Because you can't enter that in my website.

And what's that about entering matches Bye vs. Bye? That should never happen. I'm looking at the Winnetka doubles qualifying. How come neither team from 00:00 | tenistasmex/juddy96 (MEX/CAN) vs. (4) starluk/Demonsky (CHN/SVK) advanced? In real tennis tournaments, someone always advances, isn't that right? Have the TT rules really been changed this way? If so then they need to be changed back My website isn't suited to it and it doesn't make sense anyway.

P.S. I fixed the Bogota doubles.
I only started managing in the last week of 2011, so I don't know too much about the rules pre:2012.

However, the rules now are :-

Round 1 lucky losers (Main draw and qualifying)

When both players/teams in a match fail to send picks AND there are no alternates or lucky losers to replace them, the loser with best score in this round will take their spot in the following round as a lucky loser. This rule is valid only in first rounds (main draw or qualifying).

* When the first and the second round (qualifying or main draw) are played on the same day, the loser with the best score in the first round will take the spot of a player/team which receives a bye to the second round but fails to send picks.

I had this very same query about how to input similar results when I first assisted inputting (back in posts 709/711) and was repeating the same advice I was given.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #966
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Thanks for the explanation. I still don't like it.

Looks like the Bye-Bye match was a mistake after all. And I found several more mistakes like that in the database. AdeyC will look into them.

Last edited by -Evita- : 08-14-2012 at 12:25 PM.
-Evita- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #967
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lima 2012 CH done

Quote:

Looks like the Bye-Bye match was a mistake after all. And I found several more mistakes like that in the database. AdeyC will look into them.
Yes, after having looked at the Winnekta thread in detail - I have worked out what the cause was and I have adjusted the relevant matches. I'll have a look at the other ones you mentioned shortly.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #968
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I only started managing in the last week of 2011, so I don't know too much about the rules pre:2012.

However, the rules now are :-

Round 1 lucky losers (Main draw and qualifying)

When both players/teams in a match fail to send picks AND there are no alternates or lucky losers to replace them, the loser with best score in this round will take their spot in the following round as a lucky loser. This rule is valid only in first rounds (main draw or qualifying).

* When the first and the second round (qualifying or main draw) are played on the same day, the loser with the best score in the first round will take the spot of a player/team which receives a bye to the second round but fails to send picks.

I had this very same query about how to input similar results when I first assisted inputting (back in posts 709/711) and was repeating the same advice I was given.
this rule was valid for all 2011 year, but in 2012, changed to bye for best ranking, in this cases.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #969
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

I am making UMAG, but, because my work, maybe I can't end today.

Someone can finish for me?
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkăo, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #970
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Please someone quote this post directly into the TF thread (minus this line).

I just want to make some comments regarding some technical details.

1) One or two days ago someone asked what to do if there was no R16 in doubles. Someone else answered to enter R16 as every team defeating a Bye. That was the wrong answer. The correct answer is to ignore this round and start entering data in the next round.

2) About missing scores. Those who enter tournaments will decide whether scores from this tournament should be counted or not. When you enter matches you will see a note at the top about whether you should enter the scores or not. If not then you should enter zeros. If yes then you should enter valid scores or guess them if they're not available.

This feature will become available soon. Then one of the site managers will have to go back and edit tournaments. The default value will be that the scores should be counted so Andelko or someone else will have to edit the tournaments for which the scores shouldn't be counted.

And finally, I would like to see some appreciation from you guys. I don't play WTA TT and I don't care about it, I had no reason to add WTA to my site except that some people asked me to. I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart so some thank you's would be nice.

P.S. If someone explains to me in simple and precise terms how the spreadsheet should be altered to fit the TF TT rules, I may do that when I have some time. I'm nice like that
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #971
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
I am making UMAG, but, because my work, maybe I can't end today.

Someone can finish for me?
Generally it's best if you finish the tournaments you started. You don't have to do it all in one day. However, if you are unable to finish in several days then I'm sure someone can help out.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #972
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

AdeyC, you may want to press Quote on my post first and then copy it, that way it will preserve the formatting And thanks.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #973
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Done
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #974
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
AdeyC, you may want to press Quote on my post first and then copy it, that way it will preserve the formatting And thanks.
Done
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #975
country flag meninosantos

meninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I just want to make some comments regarding some technical details.

1) One or two days ago someone asked what to do if there was no R16 in doubles. Someone else answered to enter R16 as every team defeating a Bye. That was the wrong answer. The correct answer is to ignore this round and start entering data in the next round.

2) About missing scores. Those who enter tournaments will decide whether scores from this tournament should be counted or not. When you enter matches you will see a note at the top about whether you should enter the scores or not. If not then you should enter zeros. If yes then you should enter valid scores or guess them if they're not available.

This feature will become available soon. Then one of the site managers will have to go back and edit tournaments. The default value will be that the scores should be counted so Andelko or someone else will have to edit the tournaments for which the scores shouldn't be counted.

And finally, I would like to see some appreciation from you guys. I don't play WTA TT and I don't care about it, I had no reason to add WTA to my site except that some people asked me to. I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart so some thank you's would be nice.

P.S. If someone explains to me in simple and precise terms how the spreadsheet should be altered to fit the TF TT rules, I may do that when I have some time. I'm nice like that
I don't really play TT here anymore but I play constantly on Tf so here goes:

Thank you for doing this
meninosantos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote