The Federer Decline Thread - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Pete?

No. I think Federer's decline is a fact and he's not winning any major in the future. 38 17.35%
I kinda agree... He's in a great moment, but the other 2 guys are too good. No more slams for Feddy 45 20.55%
I totally agree. Fed's still playing great tennis and he'll probably win another major 104 47.49%
Hello. I'm Rod Laver and my records are intact. Suck it losers. 32 14.61%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #796
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Olderer

Prove these haters wrong
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #797
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer Decline Thread (Federer will drop to number 4 next year)

Face it. We are all slowly dying.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #798
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer will probably drop to #4 next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
So, you really can't see a difference in the draws for someone who is ranked within the top 4 and outside the top 4 ?

Let me help you then... People ranked outside the top 4 can meet top 4 players before the semifinals. Does that make sense to you ?
I said I think Federer is a consistent top4 performer. With that I meant he isn't losing often to anyone outside the top4. And I don't think a non top4 ranking or seeding will change that. Of course it's harder to get back in the top 4 than to stay in the top4 because these days the top4 perform a lot better and more consistent than all other players.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #799
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Damn I missed this thread. Can I join in?
no
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #800
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would it be an 'I told you so' ? Opinions evolve as facts change. Right now, people are confused because of recent events. If you ask me, the logical thing would be to expect a drop in 2013.

It's just supposed to be constructive speculation . If someone brings arguments for Federer winning the calendar year Grand Slam in 2013, I will listen to it with excitement.
Listen to this then, in 2014-2015 everyone in the current top 5 will be in declining years. There will be no dominant force, power players touching 30 (Berdych, Tsonga) retiring and youths wont be able to fill shoes from previous generation. Djokovic and Murray at 28 with a faster decline than Federer, inconsistency and mediocrity will dominate tennis like the late 90s and early 00s.

Let me remind you how it goes; one day Rios, then Moya, then Kafelnikov nr1. Agassi at 33 winnign slams against the likes of Schuettler and Clement in finals, Johansson winning slams.

Federer at 33-34 could be in for a good time if healthy. Winning one slam here and one there without even playing Djokovic, Murray or Nadal. How about Federer-Nishikori in Australian open final 2014? Or Federer-Tomic in Wimbledon 2015?

See, I think Federer and his team have seen what lies beyond the current strong top 4 and it is a wasteland! He can hang in there even with a weak 2013, the Djokovic decline is on the horrison and the Nadal decline is happening at full speed right infront our eyes.

Slope of the Federer decline is not falling at such degree that he will be losing slams to Tomic, Harrison or Raonic the next 2, 3 years.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #801
country flag Juz78

Juz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
Actually no... until the early 20s the amount of cells being produced in your body are greater than the cells dying, so you are still growing/living. After that yes you start to slowly die
Juz78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #802
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Actually no... until the early 20s the amount of cells being produced in your body are greater than the cells dying, so you are still growing/living. After that yes you start to slowly die
After all that, "yes" would have sufficed
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #803
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, let me explain what I meant then. Nadal just had to show up in the Wimbledon final (in a wheelchair or whatever), and Federer would be slamless this year. Makes sense?

Still, that's more or less irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that Federer is still riding his good form. Basically, when that good form ends, he will drop a few places in the rankings again. Depending on Murray and Del Potro, he could go to #4 - #5.
No, it doesn't. Federer has won two out of three against Nadal on grass, losing in a banner year for Nadal and a poor one for himself. This year has not been like that. He would be heavy favourite to win, especially considering the weather - a large part of the match would be played indoors. Nadal plays much slower than Murray, so the roof would come out in the 2nd set.

As for "just had to show up in the final" - how easy do you think it is to reach a Wimbledon final? Nadal managed five times. Excellent. But that does not mean he can book his place there every year.

Federer's ranking will of course eventually drop. He will most probably maintain top-3 longer than Nadal, though. It appears likely now that when he finally drops it will be Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro that passes him, but things happen quickly so one never knows.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #804
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
I for one intend to live forever or die trying.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #805
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, let me explain what I meant then. Nadal just had to show up in the Wimbledon final (in a wheelchair or whatever), and Federer would be slamless this year. Makes sense?
Federer beat Nadal at IW, Nadal's best HC masters series. Though he has not beaten Nadal at a slam in 5 years and Nadal beat him at the AO this year, I'm not a 100% sure Nadal would have beaten Federer at Wimbledon this year because the surface Nadal has declined the most is grass these days.

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 08-13-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #806
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I for one intend to live forever or die trying.
so far so good for you
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #807
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Federer beat Nadal at IW, Nadal's best HC masters series. Though he has not beaten Nadal at a slam in 5 years, I'm not a 100% sure Nadal would have beaten Federer at Wimbledon this year because the surface Nadal has declined the most is grass these days.
The Wimby SF and final was basically played indoors. Fed is 2-1 against nadull on grass. Nadull hasn't won a title of clay in 2 years.fed recently beat nadull in slow high bouncing IW.
Nadull beating fed in the second half of the year is far from a certainty. Granted he might be favorite.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #808
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure why not. he can be number 4 as long as he wins slams. Serena is not number 1 but everybody knows she is the best in wta and no one can deny that.
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #809
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

He is currently #1. Don't see any indication he will fall to #4. Maybe it can happen temporarily.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #810
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Listen to this then, in 2014-2015 everyone in the current top 5 will be in declining years. There will be no dominant force, power players touching 30 (Berdych, Tsonga) retiring and youths wont be able to fill shoes from previous generation. Djokovic and Murray at 28 with a faster decline than Federer, inconsistency and mediocrity will dominate tennis like the late 90s and early 00s.

Let me remind you how it goes; one day Rios, then Moya, then Kafelnikov nr1. Agassi at 33 winnign slams against the likes of Schuettler and Clement in finals, Johansson winning slams.

Federer at 33-34 could be in for a good time if healthy. Winning one slam here and one there without even playing Djokovic, Murray or Nadal. How about Federer-Nishikori in Australian open final 2014? Or Federer-Tomic in Wimbledon 2015?

See, I think Federer and his team have seen what lies beyond the current strong top 4 and it is a wasteland! He can hang in there even with a weak 2013, the Djokovic decline is on the horrison and the Nadal decline is happening at full speed right infront our eyes.

Slope of the Federer decline is not falling at such degree that he will be losing slams to Tomic, Harrison or Raonic the next 2, 3 years.
How blind you are. Fed was supposed to be useless after 2008 but wait he just won Wimbledon. There is no reason why Djoker or Nadal will stop winning slams after 28, you never know. I don't see Nadal declining at all, for god's sake he just won a slam this year! And to think that federer will outlast the other top 3 is so presumptuous and ridiculous... but you only believe what you need to believe.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote