Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #241
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

What kind of a debate is this? There is no debate.

Federer is the world #1, the real #1 and the best player out there.
People who are comparing Federer and Wozniacki are idiots. Federer is the complete opposite of her as More slams than anybody else is the opposite of less slams than everybody else. If anything, Djokovic is the Azarenka of ATP: Gets his time of glory but irrelevant when discussing the greatest players in history.
As for year-end #1, I really hope that the debate is about this. This is at least a legitimate question. I still can't look past Federer to finish first, mainly because of the indoor swing, but we'll see.
But there's no further debate about these two. 31 year old Roger stronger than prime Novak pretty much says it all. Imagine the Wimbledon SF if both were in their prime, not just Novak. The Serb would be lucky to steal an average of 1.5 games a set.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #242
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I am not arguing 7545 is better than 8110, far from it, but you should really learn to count. Federer has played no more tournaments than Djokovic, they are both on 12. If you disagree, please humor me by listing the 14 tournaments in which you believe Federer has achieved ranking points this year.
I says on the ATP website. But I just chacked, and Fed has 13 (Doha, AO, Dubai, Davic Cup, RG, SW19, OGs, Rotterdam, Halle, IW, Miami, Madrid and Rome) and Novak has 11 (AO, RG, SW19, IW, Miami, MC, Madrid, Rome, Toronto, OGs and Dubai). Even not counting Feds Davis Cup, he still played 1 more tournament than Novak. And then some Fed fans say Novak is vulturing but the weakest tournament he played was the strongest 500 of the season.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #243
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I think at the moment and the time of the year the YTD rankings is more efficient than the 52 week rankings. I don't get the discussion on whose Goat and talking about the past achievements Federer or Djokovic, it's about the year-end ranking. Right now its Djokovic leading the YTD rankings i think it depends what Federer can do at the rest of the US Open Swing if he can maybe finish at the very least finals of both Cincy and US Open, i will favor him more to end as no. 1 as i think he can do better at the indoor courts.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #244
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
I think at the moment and the time of the year the YTD rankings is more efficient than the 52 week rankings. I don't get the discussion on whose Goat and talking about the past achievements Federer or Djokovic, it's about the year-end ranking. Right now its Djokovic leading the YTD rankings i think it depends what Federer can do at the rest of the US Open Swing if he can maybe finish at the very least finals of both Cincy and US Open, i will favor him more to end as no. 1 as i think he can do better at the indoor courts.
Hilarious. I didn't see you proclaiming that after Wimbledon .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #245
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Vulturevic chose wisely, who needs 250s

imo the ranking being won/lost this year on grass is significant. Federer is the all surface king, Djokovic couldn't keep up on grass, that's what it comes down to. Very likely that he'll regain the number 1 as the hard court season continues but the damage is already done - Federer further solidifies his greatness and consistency by regaining the ranking at 30 years old, while the Noletards cry Federer is so mean to interrupt the 2.0 wankfest with his cheating ways/winning.

Don't see Federer winning Paris again which is a significant chunk of points but of course could be rendered irrelevant by what happens at the USO. A Federer/Djokovic final could clinch YE#1 for one of them, and cause World War 3 on MTF, can't wait
Edit:
Never mind. I mixed up some facts. If a mod sees this, please delete this post. Can't figure out how to delete posts on the iPhone app.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #246
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnegan View Post
Federer 2012 is like Wozniacki as WTA No. 1 with the exception of an indoor slam.
never ever compare Roger Federer to Caroline Wozniaki .Mentioning them in the same line is an insult to the great man
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #247
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
What kind of a debate is this? There is no debate.

Federer is the world #1, the real #1 and the best player out there.
People who are comparing Federer and Wozniacki are idiots. Federer is the complete opposite of her as More slams than anybody else is the opposite of less slams than everybody else. If anything, Djokovic is the Azarenka of ATP: Gets his time of glory but irrelevant when discussing the greatest players in history.
As for year-end #1, I really hope that the debate is about this. This is at least a legitimate question. I still can't look past Federer to finish first, mainly because of the indoor swing, but we'll see.
But there's no further debate about these two. 31 year old Roger stronger than prime Novak pretty much says it all. Imagine the Wimbledon SF if both were in their prime, not just Novak. The Serb would be lucky to steal an average of 1.5 games a set.

Don't even comment on the fedzniacki thing. Its from the most stupid of fanboys or plain haters. Bringing up two of the best 500.s in the year but totally OK with Monte Carlo and now Toronto.. And totally ignoring the O2 where Fed is undefeated BtB
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #248
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Lol, Fed>Agassi on HCs and no. As Nole spam likes counting only the current period, they haven't played on HCs this year, so I find it hard to really say he's so far out.
I thought you hated using Nole Fan to win an argument

But in all seriousness H2H is over rated to me .I prefer how the players performed against the field than on a one to one basis .Fact of the matter is out of the 4 important hard court events this year ,Novak has won 3 of those while Roger only has 1 .And should we really penalize Novak for not beating Fed at the AO because Federer laid a egg in that semi .Novak is the best hard court player right now
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #249
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
I says on the ATP website. But I just chacked, and Fed has 13 (Doha, AO, Dubai, Davic Cup, RG, SW19, OGs, Rotterdam, Halle, IW, Miami, Madrid and Rome) and Novak has 11 (AO, RG, SW19, IW, Miami, MC, Madrid, Rome, Toronto, OGs and Dubai). Even not counting Feds Davis Cup, he still played 1 more tournament than Novak. And then some Fed fans say Novak is vulturing but the weakest tournament he played was the strongest 500 of the season.
Weakest tourney he played is Toronto.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #250
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Nole 2012 > Olderer.
I dont know about that yet but the US Open is gonna decide who had the better year .Until then you cant say who is better The fact that Fed at 31 and past his prime is even competing with players 6 years his junior is commendable to me
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #251
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I thought you hated using Nole Fan to win an argument
I was trying to explain it to Noletrolls in their language ie layman's terms.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #252
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Fed's been by far the best player this year but skipping two Masters events, Monte and Toronto, as well as that poor defeat to Roddy in Miami has hurt his chances in the race to #1

but still plenty of time left for the Maestro

Indoor season
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #253
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Weakest tourney he played is Toronto.
Even better, weakest tournament he played is a Masters1000. Then Novak is some player able to vulture masters. He should have said 'Fu*k my 1000 points, I want to be ranked no2, lose points and money. It's not that i'm tired or anything, the thing is that Roger pulled out, so it wouldn't be fair for me to win the tournament without Roger playing.' Or you think it's he fault that Murray retired, Delpo and Tsonga lost? You think he sould have pulled out of the tournament or tanked after he saw they lost?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #254
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Fed's been by far the best player this year but skipping two Masters events, Monte and Toronto, as well as that poor defeat to Roddy in Miami has hurt his chances in the race to #1

but still plenty of time left for the Maestro

Indoor season
Let's hope that his inability to play out a whole season won't cost him his rightfully deserved year end #1 ranking then... ?
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #255
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
He is the BEST hardcourt player in the world ...................they can put Agassi there and it still wouldn't have mattered troll

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote