Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 243 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #3631
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
Has Carl Lewis called out the 4*100 women relay team yet?

It's ironic how Americans are quick to point fingers at athletes from other countries, when they have easily lost the most medals in Olympic events retroactively due to doping use in the past decade.
Who were exposed by U.S. organizations. China going to reveal it's doping program or it's fraudulent papers to meet qualifications? How many other countries do you think would turn in their own athletes?

You seem to be missing the point.
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #3632
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
LOL yes I think only two out of the 8 members of that 100m final line-up were clean, Calvin Smith and Robson da Silva. The other 6 participants, Johnson, Lewis, Christie, Dennis Mitchell, Desai Williams and Ray Stewart all failed drugs tests at some point in their careers.

After Johnson lost to Lewis for the first time in 3 years in a meet at Zurich not long before Seoul, his team panicked. He took his injections too close to the Olympics with not enough enough time for them to clear his system before his drugs test. Thankfully he was caught. He took dianabol, stanozolol and furazabol at regular stages during his career. Plus after his return from suspension he was banned again in 1993 for excessive testosterone.

It's just a shame that Lewis and Christie weren't stripped of their medals as well. Lewis being awarded the gold medal in 1988 is pretty much like Thanou getting the gold medal that was taken away from Marion Jones from Sydney 2000. The IOC publicly did the right thing and refused to upgrade Thanou's silver medal to gold, but there were rumours last year that they gave her the gold medal in secret provided that she kept it quiet.
Carlton is still bitter, funny thing is from the ones that failed tests only Ben Johnson, Desai Williams and Dennis Mitchell took any responsibility. Ray Stewart, Christie and Lewis had various levels of delusions of their antics.

How come Carl isn't going on about the women's 4x100m record being broken? Apart from the steeplechase, pole vault and hammer most of the women's world records really are a bad joke and some good chemistry.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #3633
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Carlton is still bitter, funny thing is from the ones that failed tests only Ben Johnson, Desai Williams and Dennis Mitchell took any responsibility. Ray Stewart, Christie and Lewis had various levels of delusions of their antics.

How come Carl isn't going on about the women's 4x100m record being broken? Apart from the steeplechase, pole vault and hammer most of the women's world records really are a bad joke and some good chemistry.
LOL yes about his 1988 antics Lewis on one hand was saying 'so I failed 3 drugs tests that year, big deal' and then was coming out and saying that anyone who failed a drugs test should face criminal proceedings. A bitter, delusional, hypocritcal clown, and he was far more arrogant in his pomp than Bolt as well.

And yes it's ridiculous that most of the existing world records in women's athletics were set in the 80s or early 90s by drug cheats such as Flo Jo and the East German, Chinese and Soviet dopers. In swimming it was ridiculous when world records were being broken in practically every race 3-4 years ago. But in women's athletics it's a joke that most of the world records were drug fuelled and haven't been touched for 20 odd years ever since.

I was very happy to see the US women smashing that 27 year old world record in the relay yesterday, it was just what the sport needed.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #3634
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

BTW great pic of the Dutch ladies hockey team. I saw their opening game of the tournament against Belgium and became an instant and shameless bandwagoner . In addition to being the best team in the world and very hot, they were down to earth and humble as well and greatly appreciated all the support they were getting.

I finally have tickets to get into the Olympic stadium and see the athletics today, including the men’s 4x100m relay and Mo Farah in action in the men’s 5000m, so I cannot wait.

Will be interesting to see how the football final pans out. Brazil are desperate to finally win this gold medal for the first time in their illustrious history, but México have had a very good record against them at all levels during the past 10-15 years. ¡Qué Viva México!
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #3635
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Go Julie, you can do it !
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #3636
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
BTW great pic of the Dutch ladies hockey team. I saw their opening game of the tournament against Belgium and became an instant and shameless bandwagoner . In addition to being the best team in the world and very hot, they were down to earth and humble as well and greatly appreciated all the support they were getting.

I finally have tickets to get into the Olympic stadium and see the athletics today, including the men’s 4x100m relay and Mo Farah in action in the men’s 5000m, so I cannot wait.

Will be interesting to see how the football final pans out. Brazil are desperate to finally win this gold medal for the first time in their illustrious history, but México have had a very good record against them at all levels during the past 10-15 years. ¡Qué Viva México!
As I said so many times damn talented team and attractive as well they had a lot of support, not just from the countrymen either.

Javelin should be fun, just hope the winds aren't too shitty. Didier Drogba running in the women's 800m final she has been foxing got a feeling that South Africa wins that race, at least get to hear the anthem again which is good.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #3637
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing race young French. Enjoy your gold miss. We are proud of you!
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #3638
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no the French have caught up on 10 golds.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #3639
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Rhythmic Gymnastic should not be in Olympics! The judges are really moronic!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #3640
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

No idea what is going on in sailing.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #3641
country flag Kolya

Wow someone fell off the boat.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #3642
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Mano Menezes is such a mug. It's a shame that Brasil doesn't have a good coach.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #3643
country flag wfrw07

wfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond repute

Eat shit Brazil. The one time pretty much ever I root for you and you shit the bed.
wfrw07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #3644
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Who were exposed by U.S. organizations. China going to reveal it's doping program or it's fraudulent papers to meet qualifications? How many other countries do you think would turn in their own athletes?

You seem to be missing the point.
You are so tiresome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
Rhythmic Gymnastic should not be in Olympics! The judges are really moronic!
I'm so gutted for Aliya Garayeva. Her enthusiasm was infectious.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #3645
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Will Mano Menezes get fired today or we will have to wait until Brasil looses the World Cup in 2014?
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote