Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis) - Page 242 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #3616
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Bolt has said the 400m is too hard with their training lol.

Would love to see a 400m race with him against Rudisha. My money would be on Rudisha!
Bolt was the regional junior record holder in the 400m before some guy from Grenada Kirani James blasted that out.

Bolt and Rudisha two contrasting cats, but they get along quite well from all reports. One has speed endurance, the other speed.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #3617
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Good on Bolt for blasting the bitter Carl Lewis. We have to remember that Carl Lewis failed 3 drugs tests in 1988 during the US Olympic trials, and shouldn't have been allowed to compete at the Olympics that year. All of his results and tainted medals from Seoul don't count. It's funny that he has regularly insinuated that Bolt hasn't been clean, when he failed all those tests himself and was protected by his own olympic committee.

Linford Christie tested positive for pseudoephedrine in that year as well, so in-fact the true gold medalist and olympic 100m champion in 1988 was Calvin Smith.
88 olympic 100m dash was the dirtiest race in history

never forget Ben Johnson and his yellow eyes, so doped that he didnt even get into his stride at the start, just blasted out the blocks like a cannon

remember Carl Lewis bitter face at the end
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #3618
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Why was Jaime Quiyuch disqualified?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #3619
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Bolt was the regional junior record holder in the 400m before some guy from Grenada Kirani James blasted that out.

Bolt and Rudisha two contrasting cats, but they get along quite well from all reports. One has speed endurance, the other speed.
No doubting Bolt's 400m credentials but you would have to assume Rudisha would be doing a lot more 400m sprints in training than Bolt.

But to say the least I want to see the race lol.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #3620
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Why was Jaime Quiyuch disqualified?
3 fouls = DQ.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #3621
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3 fouls = DQ.
What did he do to get the third foul? I switched the channel from diving and saw that he got the red card. I'm just curious.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #3622
country flag Kolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
What did he do to get the third foul? I switched the channel from diving and saw that he got the red card. I'm just curious.
Not to sure can't see it on the London site. Wasn't his 1st 2 fouls for the bent knee?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #3623
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Not to sure can't see it on the London site. Wasn't his 1st 2 fouls for the bent knee?
I don't know, I wasn't watching. Poor guy was in tears though.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #3624
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Has Carl Lewis called out the 4*100 women relay team yet?

It's ironic how Americans are quick to point fingers at athletes from other countries, when they have easily lost the most medals in Olympic events retroactively due to doping use in the past decade.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #3625
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bolt would eat this long jump field alive.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #3626
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Javelin the highlight tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #3627
country flag Kolya

Aussie Jared Tallent chasing Russian Kirdyapkin in the 50 km walk with less than 5 km to go.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #3628
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

never forget Ben Johnson and his yellow eyes, so doped that he didnt even get into his stride at the start, just blasted out the blocks like a cannon

Calvin Smith and Robson da Silva the only clean athletes in the race.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #3629
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

LOL yes I think only two out of the 8 members of that 100m final line-up were clean, Calvin Smith and Robson da Silva. The other 6 participants, Johnson, Lewis, Christie, Dennis Mitchell, Desai Williams and Ray Stewart all failed drugs tests at some point in their careers.

After Johnson lost to Lewis for the first time in 3 years in a meet at Zurich not long before Seoul, his team panicked. He took his injections too close to the Olympics with not enough enough time for them to clear his system before his drugs test. Thankfully he was caught. He took dianabol, stanozolol and furazabol at regular stages during his career. Plus after his return from suspension he was banned again in 1993 for excessive testosterone.

It's just a shame that Lewis and Christie weren't stripped of their medals as well. Lewis being awarded the gold medal in 1988 is pretty much like Thanou getting the gold medal that was taken away from Marion Jones from Sydney 2000. The IOC publicly did the right thing and refused to upgrade Thanou's silver medal to gold, but there were rumours last year that they gave her the gold medal in secret provided that she kept it quiet.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #3630
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1