Rogers Cup - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #46
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
Epic self-destruction by Peter.

I can't help wondering whether he really enjoys playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec_Milos View Post
Oh. My. Goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
is anyone here really surprised?

Even with the fast start i fully expected him to lose. He is not capable of beating guys ranked above him..thats the way it seems anyway
any of you guys watch it?

Peter did absolutely nothing to win the first set. I think he had like 1 winner the entire set. He just hit the ball in play a couple times and Ebden made an error.

In the 2nd and 3rd sets Ebden played better, Peter maybe had his level drop slightly but not much, he has no real weapons so eventually Ebden took control of the point.

Peter definately didn't choke anything, against any decent opponent he wouldn't have won set 1. Ebden was the worst I've ever seen anyone play a set

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #47
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post

Peter did absolutely nothing to win the first set. I think he had like 1 winner the entire set. He just hit the ball in play a couple times and Ebden made an error.

In the 2nd and 3rd sets Ebden played better, Peter maybe had his level drop slightly but not much, he has no real weapons so eventually Ebden took control of the point.

Peter definately didn't choke anything, against any decent opponent he wouldn't have won set 1. Ebden was the worst I've ever seen anyone play a set
I watched it only from the end of the 1st set. I'm surprised at your evaluation of Polansky's play in sets 2 and 3. I thought the type and frequency of errors he made were really worrying. Peter seemed to think so too, judging by how he is quoted:

Quote:
“After that [first set] it was just — you can call it a disaster, I guess,” said Polansky. “Most of the time it was just me going for too much.”
I wasn't that surprised that he lost, but it was the way that he lost that disheartened me.

Speaking of weapons, what has happened to his serve? He used to be able to win a good number of points on his first serve.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #48
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post

I disagree kinda, Peter's forehand was a weapon in the first set but you are correct in saying that Ebden made quick errors usually. In the second set he was standing too far back and when Ebden hit a short ball, Peter came up to it and then went back again instead of hitting an attacking shot and going to the net.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #49
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

I give a thumbs down to Polansky yesterday. He played too passive I think. It seemed either he didn't believe he could win it or didn't want it bad enough. I felt he had no weapons overall to hurt Ebden.

Thumbs up to Vasek for gutting a win against Seppi. I didn't think Vasek would win this match. Good thing he proved me wrong. Anyways, thumbs up for Vasek winning. He really had a dramatic way of doing it. When Vasek turns on his game at full cylinders, his game is really good I think. He has a good serve and can volley pretty good. He has wheels which gave fits to Seppi. I did notice Vasek would run around his backhand and play his forehand mostly. His serve when on is good but most of the match he was inconsistent. He needs to works on his first serve more.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #50
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

im so disappointed in frank losing to kuku today. I thought this was a great chance for a win

did anyone see the match? was this more a case of frank playing badly or was kuku playing well?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #51
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
im so disappointed in frank losing to kuku today. I thought this was a great chance for a win

did anyone see the match? was this more a case of frank playing badly or was kuku playing well?
I watched the match. It was mostly Kukushkin playing really well. Kuku attacked Dancevic's backhand a lot and not to mention, Frank's return of serve was pitiful and got outrallied most of the time.

I really thought Dancy could've won this game. I'm afraid we will keep seeing these kind of performances from Franky from hereon.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #52
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Over here in Montreal, I saw young Brayden Schnur practising with Ana Ivanovic, which must have been a thrill for him. Unfortunately when she was practising receiving he had difficulty getting his serves in, which must have been embarrassing. She was chatting a bit with him, asking him what he's doing and so on. He even got to play a practice set with her.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #53
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw 275 kph on the radar gun during Milos first serve game. I don't buy it, that would be way past the record. He also hit 245 and 250

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #54
country flag Gonzil

I'm relieved to see Milos win comfortably. It would have so awkward for him to lose after having been hyped so much. Not that he was likely to lose, but you never can tell what pressure may do.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #55
country flag 156mphserve

As I was leaving today I saw Fred playing on the practice courts with I think it was Agostinelli. I'm not sure if it was him or not but he was half decent, and when he made an error he said C'Mon Bruno!!!

Haven't heard from Bruno in a while, he retired a while ago to coach for tennis canada didn't he?

Fred's still got it, he was playing pretty well, not top tier well obviously, but he could probably maintain a ranking around 500 imo

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 07-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #56
country flag tommyg6

I heard they'll be giving out 3 wildcards this year which one of them will go to Gael Monfils. I'm assuming the other two will go to Canadians players.

my predictions
for the Maindraw:
WC for Monfils
WC for Pospisil
WC for Levine

Qualies: My predictions
WC for Pokracac
WC for Polansky
WC for Peliwo
WC for Diez
Dancevic can make the qualies draw with his ranking.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #57
country flag king10

king10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond reputeking10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
I heard they'll be giving out 3 wildcards this year which one of them will go to Gael Monfils. I'm assuming the other two will go to Canadians players.

my predictions
for the Maindraw:
WC for Monfils
WC for Pospisil
WC for Levine

Qualies: My predictions
WC for Pokracac
WC for Polansky
WC for Peliwo
WC for Diez
Dancevic can make the qualies draw with his ranking.
ouch jesse getting a wild card over frank. if that were to happen i wouldn't be too happy if i were frank
king10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #58
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Bester is getting one this year.
Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seems to indicate 4 WCs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=294417

MDWC: Monfils
MDWC: Pospisil
MDWC: Dancevic
MDWC: Levine

QDWC: Bester
QDWC: Peliwo
QDWC: Polansky
QDWC: Diez
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #60
country flag tommyg6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
This thread seems to indicate 4 WCs
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=294417

MDWC: Monfils
MDWC: Pospisil
MDWC: Dancevic
MDWC: Levine

QDWC: Bester
QDWC: Peliwo
QDWC: Polansky
QDWC: Diez
None of those guys in qualies has a chance of qualifying. especially Polansky.