Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 86 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #1276
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Also I didn’t realize they beat the U.S. team. Now I will be accused of America hating again.
You should be happy for these guys too, they were seeded no.17 so this is incredible for them. One of them said after the match: "I don't understand what's happening, how are we beating all these guys "
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #1277
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

I think its fun when little nations win Gold as well

thats why i'm rooting for Spain to break that Golden duck
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1278
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
You should be happy for these guys too, they were seeded no.17 so this is incredible for them. One of them said after the match: "I don't understand what's happening, how are we beating all these guys "
I heard the announcers talking up the Latvians early in the tournament, but I haven’t followed it.

It’s so nice when the underdogs can pull it off — when it’s a sport I don’t follow.

Also just found out one of the defeated USians is from Bountiful, Utah.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1279
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
seems like the Latvian boys like the BMX
Of course My nephews are big fans of Strombergs. About a month ago, Strombergs attended one of the competitions that my nephews also participated in and they took a photo with him I heard that they were very shy initially and didn't want to go up to him but their father took them so that was that. When they tell the story now they proudly say that they were not shy at all, of course

Quote:
the fave in the womens BMX is a Brit
Are there any Latvian women in this competition? If not, she can have it
Old 08-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #1280
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
I heard the announcers talking up the Latvians early in the tournament, but I haven’t followed it.
They were probably talking up the other team, the one with the curly-haired guy. He's the most experienced of the Latvian players and his team was ranked higher, I think. He played together with Plavins (from the other Latvian team) for several years, and then 3 years ago they split up and now Latvia has two teams
Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #1281
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

It would be great for them to win the gold medal. They’d be heroes.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #1282
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
It would be great for them to win the gold medal. They’d be heroes.
Oh, most definitely. I don't know if they can do it though, the Brazilians they're playing against today are apparently seeded first. Oh well, even a bronze medal would be great.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #1283
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I already saw the movie "How to train your dragon" (know that one? I LOVE IT)
One of my favoritest movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
China getting a gold even in sailing is disturbing I'd say. Leng jai can now call me a racist.
Chinese have never seen water you think?
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #1284
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3 medals: Not much, is it? Belgians take the motto "competing is more important than winning" a bit too far. We don't have this competitive mentality in our schools when doing sport. We always get told that we need to have fun in the first place and winning is just an after-thought. I do think it's a great attitude towards kids but it doesn't exactly lead to medals.
We've only got 10. That's not very good either. Those Americans and Chinese need to stop winning so much.

Quote:
Our silver medalist is one of the very few real amateurs. He participates in one of the shooting events. His day job is a labor inspector. He had to take time off to compete in the Olympics. He was the only one in his sport to have a regular day job. Apparantly, they get taught by psychologists how to put themselves in a trance so that they don't have to move a muscle over a long, long time. Over 45 minutes, we saw this guy move only once and that was only a slight movement of his arm.
I can't sit still for 4 minutes, let alone 45 minutes so it's safe to say that this isn't my sport.
I think it's great that someone who has a regular full time job won a medal. I didn't know that about using psychology to stay still for so long. Interesting!

Quote:
On the BBC, they said that those Chinese athletes probably are told that they can't return home at all unless they win gold.
They said on Canadian TV that the Chinese government is sending letters of congratulations ONLY to gold medal winners. Winners of silver and bronze get nothing. I think that's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Australia doing so poorly is a surprise. Australia is considered a very sporty country and the Sydney Olympics were so great.
Yes. They usually do so well at summer Olympics. This is the US-China Olympics, I think. In that case, go USA!

Quote:
It’s fun when athletes from little countries win gold — or just a medal. I think it’s fun for everyone.

I liked the Brazilian winning gold in the rings. It was a nice moment, but I thought the Chinese gymnast was better.
Agree with both.

Quote:
Also just found out one of the defeated USians is from Bountiful, Utah.
Male or female?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #1285
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post

Male or female?
It was one of the male beach volleyball players.

Probably grew up playing on the beaches of the great Salt Lake.

Girls volleyball is very competitive in High Schools in Utah. I was surprised about that when I came here. It’s the most important girls sport in school.

p.s. Was evil that U.S. and Canada had to play each other before the final.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #1286
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Melanie didn't quote me at all today
Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #1287
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Very hurtful.

You know those Canadians.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #1288
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of multiquotes, where is Metis? It's been ages since she posted.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #1289
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hema! Yes, where's Metis, and Nalby is playing Toronto. *note - no smilies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Chinese have never seen water you think?
I don't think so (well I'm not that racist ), just that I don't think they've ever won in sailing before. And that was just one example. Australia lost the swimming completely, they used to win loads of medals but now it's USA, China/Japan dominating in swimming (instead of Australia). Probably in many other disciplines also the success switching from Australia to the Asian/Pacific neighbours.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1290
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was one of the male beach volleyball players.

Probably grew up playing on the beaches of the great Salt Lake.

Girls volleyball is very competitive in High Schools in Utah. I was surprised about that when I came here. It’s the most important girls sport in school.

Quote:
p.s. Was evil that U.S. and Canada had to play each other before the final.
The Americans also beat the Canadians in a controversial soccer game yesterday.

Quote:
But I read you of course. And I'm quoting you now.

Quote:
Very hurtful.

You know those Canadians.